Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Immerse yourself in the award-winning strategy experience. Microsoft Studios brings you three epic Age of Empires III games in one monumental collection for the first time. Command mighty European powers looking to explore new lands in the New World; or jump eastward to Asia and determine the outcome of its struggles for power.
- Playable Asian civilizations. Lead one of three unique Asian civilizations Japan, China or India to expand its empire and fight for control in the Eastern world. Each Asian civilization, led by powerful leaders, will have unique groups, armies and wonders, as well as buildings that reflect the culture s architectural style.
- New game-play elements. Extending the innovative game-play of Age of Empires III, Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties and War Chiefs will introduce new ways of winning and trading, random map styles that feature remixes of classic Age of Empires game styles, 15 Asian Wonders and New World adventures.
- Exciting new single-player campaign. Returning to the historical, civilization-based single-player campaigns, Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties will offer gamers who enjoy the solo experience a chance to engage in strategic combat with Japan, China or India through several engrossing scenarios. Or lead New World expeditions with War Chiefs.
- Expanding a successful formula. Age of Empires III: The Asian Dynasties is the second expansion pack for the massively popular Age of Empires III, one of the fastest-selling titles in the franchise history, leading and innovating the real-time strategy genre through exciting and revolutionary game-play features.
Requires Steam Client to activate.
|OS:||Windows XP (Not compatible with Windows 8 RT)|
|Processor:||1.4GhZ + with SSE support|
|Hard Drive:||4 GB|
|Video Card:||64MB Discrete Video Card|
Top Customer Reviews
thanks amazon team for this game and price.
Age of Empires III takes you forward in time to the colonial period, involving lots of rifles and Native American settlements. You also receive by default (in skirmishes) hero characters with special abilities. Scattered across the maps are ruins that one can harvest for in-game perks. One is now able to gain experience, which allows you to call for supplies from your home country as you "gain levels".
I am quite honestly disappointed in the game play. It feels too pandering, even on difficult settings.
* You now only need three resources. Stone has been dropped from the game; instead you search for silver mines which harvest your gold (???). You are also able to build plantations, which provide you an unlimited source of money that can be harvested by 10 settlers for only a few hundred wood. Seriously? Why bother searching for any mines then?
* Food is now basically unlimited as well. While in AOE II you were forced to grow crops, you now just have mills that yes, ten settlers can indefinitely harvest food. You can see here now, that all you need to do is have your settlers start out chopping wood like mad (with a few harvesting food to make more villagers) and once you get your mill and plantation up in the third age, you're home free.
* Villagers no longer need to return supplies back to certain buildings.Read more ›
The developers have completely removed all of the fun elements from the previous Empires games, I bought in the hopes of enjoying a continuation of a great game from my childhood, however this completely missed the mark. I forced myself to play the game for far longer than I would have liked, but I had to try to give it a chance. It failed.
PROS: Classic, Entertaining, timeless
Cons: EXPENSIVE!!!!!-Not worth the current list price (Wait for a holiday sale), outdated, game mechanic's can be hard to work with at times
Most Recent Customer Reviews
still fun to play, the best strategy game ever imo, work flawlessly with windows 10 loaded right up. I played it back in 2007 and it stands the test of timePublished 3 months ago by RJC
yes was exactly what I ordered and wanted thank you very satisfiedPublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
I love this game but ...word of caution if you have windows 10 this wont work...I keep getting Exit code: 0x800b0100....it used to work on the previous version....Published 9 months ago by Surendra Dakshin
the game itself should get 5 stars but: this steam download doesn't let you play multiplayer online and that's the best part of this game, you need an eso online account and... Read morePublished 12 months ago by John S.
Extremely fun series. I lost the discs a long time ago and will be replacing them soon as I've built a gaming PC since, but have no games for it yet.Published 13 months ago by Mike