Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 406 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 435 reviews
on May 30, 2015
This is one of my most favorite strategy games. KEY POINT OF PURCHASE: TO FIND THE GAME AFTER DOWNLOAD, LOOK IN YOUR MICROSOFT GAMES BY GOING INTO FILE EXPLORER, THEN OS, THEN PROGRAM FILES, THEN MICROSOFT GAMES. I had a hard time with this, but u need to drag the icons from the file explorer window onto your desktop so you have desktop shortcuts.
on May 7, 2013
so at 1st I had difficulty getting this program to load. I entered the keycode but it seemed to do nothing. after about 10-15 minutes it did indeed work.... Now I noticed alot of complaints about it not working on windows 7. I decided during my 10-15 minutes of waiting to read reviews to see if others had issues. of course, I began losing it since I had windows 7. However, it does indeed work just fine. There are some odd things to get it up on windows 7 though.

After the install is complete. take the disk out. Put it back in, hit repair or uninstall. The next screen hit repair. Once the repair is complete go to your start menu. At the bottom where you can search programs & files type in "age of" it comes up. At that point you have grab the age of the empires III drag to desk top, Do the same for AOE Asian and AOE War chiefs. Now you can actually play the game.

Since windows 7 dont allow the icons - folks are thinking it dont work, myself included...
Once you get the icons on the desktop it does work!!!
on October 10, 2014
I downloaded this game at night and did not get to play until the next morning because I spent the previous night trying to set it up. Had to uninstall and install 3 times before I figured it out, no joke. You have to play around with the install buttons and add the serial keys a few times before the game installs properly. Make sure to follow all the install prompts closely.

The maps are itsy bitsy tiny in this game. Even the largest maps are small. This is no exaggeration, I repeat, the maps are small. No way you could comfortably fit 8 players on here; To think of doing such a thing is crazy in my opinion. If you like your enemies and/or allies being a stone's throw away, this game is just for you. Also, I don't know if I am imagining this, but even the resources seem to be scarce on these maps too; It's like the game forces you to end things quickly with small maps and scarce resources. Interesting playing options on here though with the different empires. Too bad the small maps cramp their style.
on September 9, 2016
I feel that this is one of the best all around RTS games out there. So disappointed that the company that produced it is no longer in business. I would have definitely liked to see more.

I have literally developed all of my home cities to over level 60 and still play this every weekend. I love the higher difficulty choices on skirmish, however, wish that the enemy AI would build walls up to provide more defense on their end.

Worth the $. Buy this one without hesitation!
on August 19, 2017
There's a problem with the download. After removing it and re-installing it several times (without the game ever loading), I'm left with leaving a comment.

Sucks, too...because I applied for an amazon cc so I could get the game for free.

Can I get a refund please?
on December 14, 2012
I played each of the campaigns on the disks. They are really fun, I like the story, and it is just satisfying to get bombards to blow the crap out of enemy buildings. I was expecting a more colony-building game. But really you are more of a military commander, and all economic efforts go to build the army. In each chapter, you start to build a colony just before you have to go out and build armies, navies, and destroying town centers. The game lacks replayabilty. The skirmishes are just putting a bunch of other colonies on one map and seeing who survives. Fun, but after a few games, it gets a little old. But it is fun building card decks. It keeps it somewhat fresh, but not enough to come back. It's worth the price, even though I only played the game for a couple months. I will probably go back to play again soon.
on January 11, 2014
I see a lot of mixed reviews on the install process. I bought the PC standard version and it downloaded just fine. The install folder was created right on my desktop (Windows 7) and easy to access. Once it finished downloading, Amazon instantly opened a window with the activation key. I was prompted twice for the key, and it installed in the game just fine. The whole process took me about 3 hours and I have a pretty bad internet speed.

Tested the game and it ran properly as far as I could tell. The games look decent although a bit of resolution was lost probably because they weren't originally intended for windows 7.

So, in summary, I had no install issues, was easily able to find the content, and the game is functional on my Windows 7 platform.
on November 27, 2010
I own Age of Empires 1 & 2 and love those games! The multiplayer is fun and despite the now outdated graphics the game is fun and engaging. I feel like Age of Empires 3 is a departure from the original idea of AOE 1 & 2. Obviously because it takes place in the East and that adds a different feel to the game, and I enjoy playing the game overall, but there are a few things that were hang-ups for me.
The game engine is an improved version of the one used in Age of Mythology. Given that Ensemble Studios created both that's not surprising. The cinematic cut scenes are nicely done (almost too nice when you cut back to playing the game)
The other hang up I have is how complex this game can get,it's harder to just jump right in and start playing. And although you have less Civs than in AOE 1 & 2. There are over 50 custom power cards plus unique buildings and units for each Civilization which can be very overwhelming and confusing. It will take some time for you to develop a strategy that works for each Civilization. I did like the improved and expanded naval warfare you can have in the game.

Overall the game is fun and the campaign has a decent story. And the multiplayer is fun and allows a lot of options which allow you to adapt to different styles.
on July 3, 2017
Awesome Game just wish they would make a new one!!!!
on February 5, 2013
I love this game. Contrary to the popular view I do not think that AOE 2 is better than AOE 3. The graphics are WAY better and the game play is smooth and very easy to follow. The campaigns are challenging when the difficulty is high and overall a lot of fun. As for the price who can sniff at $9.99??!?!

I love this game! My favorite part is when I have a line of artillery at the top of a ridge and the enemy cavalry are charging up the hill. The cannonade is deafening and the men getting flung across the map...Ahhh! Also I love the fact that the foot soldiers get torches to throw on buildings and the buildings actually get shot to pieces when subject to enemy fire. Good stuff. Also I love the sea battles with the ships broadsides and the splintering hulls!!

I love this game!
(wait did I already say that?)

I LOVE THIS GAME!!!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.