The Age of Metapreneurship: A Journey into the Future of Entrepreneurship Paperback – April 11, 2017
Explore your book, then jump right back to where you left off with Page Flip.
View high quality images that let you zoom in to take a closer look.
Enjoy features only possible in digital – start reading right away, carry your library with you, adjust the font, create shareable notes and highlights, and more.
Discover additional details about the events, people, and places in your book, with Wikipedia integration.
Enhance your purchase
The Amazon Book Review
Book recommendations, author interviews, editors' picks, and more. Read it now.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
"A uniquely informative read, with a plethora and wealth of information, on everything from how the economy operates, to the past--to changes of the future, this is a highly recommended piece of reading, for anybody looking to venture into real entrepreneurship! He discusses in great length the dangers, the pluses, the fundamentals, and offers a very original look into the complicated, and corrupted at times, practice(s) with so many creative AND educational themes. "
"It is an eye-opening tale that paints a picture of how drastic the changes are in today's economy, particularly with a shift in the last 10-15 years. Not at all redundant, predictable, or cliché this is truly, truly an excellent penning, with so much laid out before your eyes, in a comprehensive and clear manner. An absolute recommendation, and easy five-star read!"
Now a Bestseller - in Startups, Entrepreneurship, and Small Business books!
- "... the definitive book yet on entrepreneurship, covering the challenges, opportunities, evolution and outlook. The scope, depth and richness of this book along with the writing style, are quite impressive. "
- "Clеvеr writing.This iѕ a muѕt rеаd for everyone. The moment I started reading this awesome book, I couldn't put it down ... An incredible book on entrepreneurship!!!"
- "... an incredible book on entrepreneurship. ... the book was such an eye-opener for me.The book delivers insight on how much entrepreneurship has changed. Having been an entrepreneur all my life that basically cuts through generations, this book prepares me to be an entrepreneur in this age."
- "This book is a must read! An inspiring, somewhat paradigm shifting read. It has definitely helped me to think big, think new & think again. If you are willing to start a new company and enter into an entrepreneurial venture, then this book is for you. It's a road map of what you need to do and what you need to prepare for during your journey. I highly recommend it."
- "This book is a must read! An inspiring, somewhat paradigm shifting read. It has definitely helped me to think big, think new & think again.. I highly recommend it."
- "One of the best books on entrepreneurship I have read, with a style reminisce of Malcolm Gladwell"
- "A funny, smart book that provides less "how to do" and more "how to think" for entrepreneurs. ... CJ has unlocked the timeless thinking, questioning bravado and doubts of entrepreneurship for his reader, exploring both the physics and the psychic capabilities needed. "
- "Witty, never dull, CJ takes his subject, but not himself, seriously and writes with an authentic voice that provides what every entrepreneur needs; a cool mentor who really gets it."
- "Metapreneurship is that rare book that's not a how-to, replete with conventional business wisdom and trite truisms. ... This is a must-read for founders, business buffs and anyone interested in startup culture. "
- "CJ has written a funny, lively, informative book that examines entrepreneurship in a variety of novel and useful ways. ... A must-read, whether you're just starting out in the entrepreneurial world, or been at it for a while."
About the Author
- Publisher : Venture Point Press (April 11, 2017)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 344 pages
- ISBN-10 : 069287724X
- ISBN-13 : 978-0692877241
- Item Weight : 1.01 pounds
- Dimensions : 6 x 0.78 x 9 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #1,655,163 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Some of his covered topics:
-How venerable business school concepts – such as the “bottom line” profits, and familiar “straight-line” business models – are becoming obsolete.
-How scarcity is replaced by the new rules of abundance.
-How the lines are now blurred between employee, customer, vendor and investor – to the point where even the concept of the company has changed.
-How power, influence, and leadership are dramatically different – with hierarchies replaced by networks, connections, and communities.
This book was a game changer for me and I owe a lot to Cornell who opened my eyes to the latest methods of entrepreneurship. I am applying his teachings to my new business and I have a good feeling about it!
By Amazon Customer on April 29, 2017
Instead of being a how-to with a pity set of checklists for success, The Age of Metapreneurship provides in depth strategies for coming up with your own rules. The author makes his points through a series of entertaining and insightful stories, and in-depth metaphors. It really is a journey from the past to the future of entrepreneurship.
The book deconstructs why most of the existing lessons and books on entrepreneurship are now outdated - and how entrepreneurs are learning old rules, in a new economy. And how even seasoned experts can be unprepared, and doomed to failure.
Chapters explore how once-unquestioned business fundamentals are now becoming obsolete; and where even the very definition of “who is an entrepreneur” has changed dramatically.
Highly recommended for both experienced entrepreneurs and first-time entrepreneurs looking to gain an advantage.