Age-Specific Competencies, Second Edition
Our top-notch training program is now even better than ever—it’s fully updated to reflect current evidence-based practice!
HCPro is proud to present the second edition of its popular video Age-Specific Competencies: Evidence-Based Skills for Appropriate Care. Each competency in the video is grounded in best evidence and has been completely revised to comply with the latest regulations from The Joint Commission and other regulatory bodies.
In 30 minutes, you can ensure your staff is applying evidence-based practice and age-specific considerations to patient care. Age-Specific Competencies, Second Edition, offers proven methods to care for and communicate with patients of all ages. It also delivers clear visuals and concise explanations of important clinical considerations, as well as specific tips to help caregivers interact with families.
Age-Specific Competencies, Second Edition, covers nine major age groups, including:
7. Young adult
8. Adult/middle age
9. Later adult/geriatric
This must-see video includes:
• A bonus CD-ROM including competency tools, competency skill sheets, and a quiz
• Four engaging case scenarios that focus on physiological and psychological intervention strategies for the most challenging age groups: neonate, infant, adolescent, and later adult/geriatric
• The opportunity to earn continuing education credit
Earn continuing education credit
HCPro, Inc. is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This educational activity for one contact hour is provided by HCPro, Inc.
Highlights from the video include: Neonate,
Infant, Toddler, Pre-school, School-age,
Adolescent, Young adult, Adult/middle age, Later adult/geriatric, Pain management, Administration of IV fluids,
Medication management, Safety, Bioterrorism and other disasters, References
• Define competency-based orientation
• Determine the regulatory requirement relating to age-specific care
• Identify age-specific groups
• List common characteristics of age-specific patients
• Describe pain management in age-specific care
• Recall patient education on age-specific care
• Discuss nutritional requirements of different age groups
This video was reviewed by Adrianne E. Avillion, DEd, RN, the owner of Avillion’s Curriculum Design in York, PA. She is a past president of the National Nursing Staff Development Organization (NNSDO) and specializes in designing continuing education programs for healthcare professionals and freelance medical writing. Avillion also offers consulting services in work redesign, quality improvement, and staff development.
Faculty Disclosure Statement: HCPro Inc. has confirmed that none of the faculty/presenters or contributors have any relevant financial relationships to disclose related to the content of this educational activity.
Who should buy this video?
Staff educators, directors of education, staff development specialists, organizational development specialists, directors of nursing, VPs of nursing, and chief nursing officers, should purchase this video to benefit clinical staff members.
When sold by Amazon.com, this product will be manufactured on demand using DVD-R recordable media. Amazon.com's standard return policy will apply.