|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $9.00 (69%)
The Agora Letters: 19th Century Historical Murder Mysteries Kindle Edition
Kindle Feature Spotlight
|Length: 264 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Switch back and forth between reading the Kindle book and listening to the Audible book with Whispersync for Voice. Add the Audible book for a reduced price of $7.49 when you buy the Kindle book.
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to The Agora Letters: 19th Century Historical Murder Mysteries
Try Kindle Countdown Deals
Explore limited-time discounted eBooks. Learn more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Showing 1-8 of 25 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Eggs over Arsenic: A 19th Century Historical Murder Mystery (The Agora Mystery Series Book 7)
The Agora Mystery Series - 1 Two Tocks before Midnight - 2 The Penitent Thief - 3 The Peace Party Massacre Available as 3 pack set/4 set I THINK The Curse of the Mad Sheik (The Agora Mystery Series Book 4) The Captain's Play #5
The Agora Letters: 5 Cozy Murder Mysteries
"This series just keeps getting better - this is my favorite mystery so far. The writing flows nicely and again Mr. Boutwell paints vivid word pictures of another era. Lovely language and great mystery." --Amazon reviewer of The Curse of the Mad Sheik (included in this collection)
Do you love a mystery? Murder, Mayhem, and the Gentleman Detective? The Agora Letters has five smart and savvy mysteries that will keep you guessing.
Carl Brooke, a scholar of ancient near eastern languages, now spends his twilight years chronicling the adventures of his youth as a leading member of the Agora Society, a society dedicated to the betterment of man.
Fans of Sherlock Holmes or Hercule Poirot will enjoy Carl Brooke and his Agora Society in these five very different cases.
This collection includes five complete stories in the Agora Mystery Series:
1) Two Tocks before Midnight
The Strange Affair of October 24th, 1859: When a flurry of forgeries appear in museums and among collectors, the members of the Agora, a society dedicated to the betterment of man, take it upon themselves to stop the rogues.
2) The Penitent Thief
A string of thefts ends in a grisly murder. Certain evidence leads Captain Barnwell to suspect a former thief, Rutherford Nordlinger as the culprit. Carl Brooke becomes personally involved as Nordlinger's guilt is questioned.
3) The Peace Party Massacre
Kidnapped! An honorable man has gone missing and his wife is not in the least helpful. The sheriff dithers and every day brings death closer to a reality.
4) The Curse of the Mad Sheik
Murder and intrigue abound. At the center of it all appears a mysterious sheik and his cursed ruby.
5) The Captain's Play
Captain Barnwell, a long-time honorary member of the Agora Society, presents to the members a solved case one clue at a time. Three suspects. One murderer. Who is the murderer and why?
GET ALL FIVE STORIES IN ONE.
Excellent! Glad that they are all in one volume!
1. Two Tocks Before Midnight--Forgery, a secret society, murder, and a well documented cerebral investigation. And all in a length and style similar to Conan Doyle, what more could you ask for? Very well crafted and written for the enjoyment of those of us who always hope to find someone new yet similar
2. The Penitent Thief-- In the same vein. A very repentant man from the first one appears to have returned to crimes and murder.
3. The Peace Party Massacre--Finely crafted suspenseful mystery including a kidnapping, an outlaw, a conflicted city, and men willing to do whatever must be done for the good of all. This story is too short to be summarized, but it is well worth reading. You won't be sorry you did!
4. The Curse of the Mad Sheik--Excellently wrought mystery! With astute observations and careful investigation, ideas and suspicions are explored and the truth is uncovered. Do spend the time to read this one!
5. The Captain's Play--The police Captain who has often worked with various members of the Agora society comes to the meeting with an intellectual challenge for the members. The case had already been investigated and solved by the department, but he presents the observations and documented facts of the case in a manner which encourages questions and conclusions. It is a real conundrum, and the reader is led along by the interactions of the men of the society. Very well done! An excellent mental exercise for the reader.