- File Size: 276 KB
- Print Length: 54 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Silky Oak Press (December 13, 2013)
- Publication Date: December 13, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00GTV12FQ
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,910,090 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Aiden's Alibi (Modern Relationships Book 1) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
The author focuses on what is important for the story and leaves out irrelevant details, which is important for a story of this length. There are no wasted words. For example we learn that the narrator is a fairly conservative but sad and lonely man at the start of the story when he first meets Fran. Fran's drinking problem is slowly revealed to the reader. However, we never learn what James actually does for a living, nor do we know how his wife died. So, in many ways the writing is spare. On the other hand, the author gives a lot of important detail which contributes to our understanding of the main characters, how they live, what is "normal" for them. In a longer story the author might have provided much more background information.
The plot is surprisingly tense, and perhaps this tension is increased by the lack of background or back story for the characters. There are unanswered questions and this mystery gives the story pace. I found it very hard to put down once I started reading.
The conclusion is very dramatic. I found this a very satisfying story and look forward to more by this author.
What an incredible story. This man and what he goes through during this story was just wow.
Time has passed after the death of his wife, his soulmate. On the year anniversary of her death, this non-drinker goes to a bar for a quiet drink in her memory and ends up drinking quite a bit with a coworker he only knew through office gossip before. They began seeing each other ... and then her ex-husband and son enter the picture and everything changes.
Definitely a good read.
The twist had me surprised and I was biting my nails at the ending.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Parenting & Relationships
- Books > Self-Help > Death & Grief > Grief & Bereavement
- Books > Self-Help > Relationships > Love & Loss
- Books > Self-Help > Relationships > Love & Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Parenting & Relationships
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Death & Grief
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Relationships > Love & Romance