- File Size: 1951 KB
- Print Length: 468 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: AWP Mystery (December 3, 2013)
- Publication Date: December 3, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00H39ORXW
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,026,151 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$15.99|
Save $11.00 (69%)
He Ain't Heavy (The Clarke Lantham Mysteries Book 5) Kindle Edition
|Length: 468 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $1.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to He Ain't Heavy (The Clarke Lantham Mysteries Book 5)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
This falls somewhere between Smoke Rings (my favorite) and the second place Silent Victor. The things it does exceptionally right:
More Rachel and Nya - I didn't actually go back and compare, but it feels like this is the most we get of his two awesome assistants (who are so much more than that). I would gladly read an all Rachel novel.
Higher Stakes - Dan continually raises the personal and professional stakes for Lantham. Some things go well for him; other things go HORRIBLY wrong.
The things it doesn't do "right" aren't really worth enumerating in too much detail since they're minor quibbles.
I suppose the only thing that keeps me from ranking this on par with Smoke Rings is that there was something missing. The weirdness factor of the crime isn't as high as some of the other mysteries. While, as I said, that's something I missed; it's still a very interesting puzzle and the solution is satisfying.
The thing that makes this whole series really work though is the characters and how well Dan continues to develop them. You could remove the mystery almost completely and I'd still love reading about Lantham et al. There's an arc to their lives that he continues to build on. I've come to care about these weird people and the funky place they occupy.
The characters of this series have never been so well defined. The drama and the mystery kept me screwed to my chair until I got to the end. And all I could think when the trip was over was 'Wow'.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Hard-Boiled
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Private Investigators
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Hard-Boiled
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Private Investigators