Industrial Deals HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

I heard about this book when Ms. Thomas was being interviewed on a radio station I listen to. Plus I have also always liked and respected her. Though many of the stories were inspirational I found that the women had educational and/or financial support - I was expecting some of the stories to be more of a' pull yourself up by the bootstraps' type story and also thought there would be a bit more about women over 55 successfully (and reasonably) changing careers. After a while it seemed like the same old story over and over. Not that I wouldn't recommend this - I would land have! - and I certainly understand the 4 and 5 star ratings but it didn't quite live up to what I expected from listening to the interview.
on April 21, 2018
I needed a book like this, and I saw a chance and for it on Facebook. I've been really feeling stuck and unhappy in my job, over weight and hating myself, and my husband of 30 years is still in the throes of a major battle with cancer, having two major surgeries, radiation, and now chemo in two years. It's hard not to think of what I would do if the treatments don't work, and that is just about as much stress as I can handle. I've suffered from depression for about 20 years, and the stakes were stacking up against me. But the stress I can usually handle, it's the fear that is paralyzing. This book has taught me that we all suffer and have hardships that seem insurmountable, and I'm not unique in that. These women showed me that I can be scared but still be strong, choose to go a different direction or give in to a lifelong dream. They've taught me that lifestyle experiences are today, and I don't have to take them with me into tomorrow. Thank you, Ms. Thomas, for bringing these ladies to my house!
on April 26, 2014
This was a wonderful sharing of life reinvention. Although focused on stories of women reinventing
themselves and their lives, many husbands were involved in the process. It is a hopeful book
which offers a positive spin on using opportunity and ingenuity to live up to ones dreams and potentials.
What was of particular value to me was that the accounts included people of all ages, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Basically the theme is one of creation and determination. The true message is to embrace, rather than fear change and growth.
Once again Marlo Thomas has shared something life enriching with her followers.
11 comment| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 10, 2014
At the crossroads of starting over, I thought this would be an inspiring book, and for a percentage of us, it probably is. For those of us who do not have the financial background, or desire to start our own business, this was less encouraging as it's stories are from women that were well educated and most had access to money to "start over." Would be nice to have a book more in tune with the average person, who's starting over doesn't have to be a 7 figure income, but simply bringing peace and harmony into your life by changing how you spend your precious time.
on May 7, 2015
I enjoyed reading it but it was a bit of a downer to rehash my job loss. I have since gotten training for a new career and I am happier for it. The corporate world had gotten the best of me with no thanks. Sometimes God works in mysterious ways. HE knows what's good for us even though we want something else.
on May 2, 2014
"It Ain't Over" was a very easy read, with stories in short, easily-digestible chapters. For the most part, the stories in the book gave me a sense of positivity, as the women who were written about did overcome obstacles and achieve goals. What it seemed to lack for me personally were any stories about women of older middle-age (60s) and how they may have faced personal challenges later in life. Given the title, I thought there would have been more of an emphasis on that age group. I'm also skeptical about the outcome of the changes some of the women made -- have they continued down the new paths, are they now enjoying more happiness and personal fulfillment, or are the stories just a point-in-time without any insight into the long-term outcomes of the changes the women made.
11 comment| 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 11, 2017
Was a gift, but she seems to like it. Collection of short stories so can stop anytime and pick it back up.
on May 5, 2017
Perfect condition. Lovely books. Thank you!
on July 2, 2014
I bought this book knowing it was a collection of many short stories of inspirational women. I've read 2 chapters, and it may be months before I pick this up again, which was my plan all along, to read as the mood hits me. I am keeping this in my guest room to provide light reading for overnight guests. Love Marlo Thomas!
on December 12, 2015
An awesome book! Ms Thomas provides a bunch of true life stories about women who have changed mid career and done a complete turn around. Moral of these stories: Yes, you can!