Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 133 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 161 reviews
on November 23, 2011
This product was more than I hoped for. I am 20 and i love playing games when i have the chance to, but i always am wiping sweat off my hands while playing. this can be annoying and not to mention gross from the person you are handing the controller off to. Who wants to be handling a moist controller? Not me, so why do it to other people

So i decided that i was going to invest in the Air Flo Controller (the price may seem high for a wired controller, but go ahead and look for any other controller, they all cost a lot, i got this when it was on sale for $25.00 sounded good to me) glad i did.

I have not gotten to use it while playing a game yet, but since it has a USB i plugged it into my computer to try it out. I plugged it in and turned on the fan, barely did anything, so i switched to the 2nd setting, i could hardly feel anything, i was kinda bummed, i thought maybe it was either broken or the cold weather got to it (winter here in the north east). However, i turned on the LED switch and the shined a very bright and strong green. I gave the fan another chance. I turned it on its second setting and waited. I did not have to wait long before it roared to life, i was actually very surprised at the power of this little fan, i was not expecting the "air flo" that it produced. I am not going to lie, a smile definitely appeared on my face.

Now enough about my experience here is a little bit about the controller:
---Size
the controller when first held seemed a little awkward to me, i play with a wireless Xbox 360 controller which is slightly more bulky. This controller is slightly smaller, i do not know by how much, but enough that you will notice the difference. now this is not a big deal for me, but it might be for other people out there so, i wanted to let y'all know.

---Grips
The grips are a rubber/ silicone soft grip, which I find to be comfortable, you do kinda feel the plastic vents (very little) but i really had to pay attention to notice. I am also sure that you won't notice when you are trying to defend your self against the flood in halo, or taking a corner in Forza, or even throwing fire balls in Skyrim.

---LED Lights
What can i say, I love the controller without them, but since it does have awesome green LED's might as well turn them on and enjoy them. Playing in a dark room would, your controller would definitely stand out. the LED's light up 4 out of the 6 air vents on the controller, as well as the Y,X,A, and B button each with their corresponding color (aka Y= Yellow, X= Blue and so on)

---Air Flo
I won't dwell on the Air Flo fans, but they are quite remarkable. For such a little device they really do output a lot of air into the palm of your hands on both setting (right where you need it). Again, I had to be patient and wait for the fans to warm up the first time i plugged it in, but after that they can on fast and strong each time with no waiting. in other words, don't jump the gun like i did! ( there is also a "dual rumble system" in the handles of the controller )

---Buttons
The buttons are very well constructed, at least with my controller. They are not lose, and have the right amount of give. Its not to hard to push them down, but not so easy that you might accidentally throw a grenade when you don't want to, or shoot a teammate in the back who's in front of you. (Not that i have done that before *insert shy smile here*)

--- Cord
The cord is ten feet long, three meters to our friends in Europe (I love you metric system, we should have adopted it when we had the chance decades ago, but we wanted to be different i guess). the controller has an "inline release", which I am confused about its function. I am guessing they have to so that you can leave the six inch USB segment plugged in at all times and still disconnect the controller. Or for wanderers who will forget the controller is plugged in and leave with it?

---Chat Port
I have heard that sometimes this port may not work? i am not sure and may never be sure of it seeing how i do not chat with people online while playing games. This might be true, but it may not be?

Ok, well I am sure i have missed something, but I did not mean to type nearly this much. I hope that whoever might be considering buying this controller reads this and then buys it. Great product and shipped in perfect condition.
1111 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 12, 2015
Works well! One major flaw is that when I use it with the 360, I have to keep repeatedly pressing the analog sticks in (continuously tapping the analog sticks) to keep sprinting in COD. So if I just hold the analog sticks in the up position while holding it down, it runs for about 3 seconds, and then it slows to a walk so I have to reclick the analog stick in the same position. It's annoying to keep reclicking the analog sticks to sprint.

However, works well for other games such as FIFA and the other games I've played.
on April 16, 2014
I loved this when I bought it a few years back! However, for some reason, this particular controller has a very low and very inadequate fan system. The other one I bought had a tornado in your hands! My hands would never get sweaty with the 2nd setting on! This one... blows a mild breeze... I tried bumping it a bit and SOMETIMES it blows a little harder but... overall, not working like I wanted it to...

Nevertheless, it does 'WORK' somewhat... The controller is a good size for my big hands and the rubber grips on the front of the controller help my control during gameplay with little slipping. The buttons are a good size, the joysticks are sturdy and overall good quality.

If not for the issue with the fan, it'd be fine... Though the price is hefty, that's for sure... This thing does last. My last one was still working before I gave it to a friend. Hopefully this one will last me another 2-3 years. :D

The item arrived on time with no broken parts and packaged tightly. Thanks. :)
on July 11, 2014
This controller does a great job at keeping my extremely sweaty palms cool, even in the dead of summer. Here is what you need to know, in bullet-point format:

PROS

-For a third-party controller, the feel of the joysticks is almost as good as a microsoft controller. Not perfect, but I guarantee that you will not find ANY third-party controller that is identical to the original.

-Cooling fans work well and have 2 speeds.

-LED lights look great. Not too bright or distracting

-Fits very comfortably in my hands. The palm areas are soft rubber, which is very nice.

-The build quality seems to be sturdy and durable.

CONS

-the voice audio quality from the microphone port is TERRIBLE. I didn't notice any buzzing or feedback, but the sound quality is truly awful. I find it just barely tolerable.

-When using the fan and chatting at the same time, my friends complain that they can hear feedback through the mic.

-the start and back buttons are too low. When you reach for the start button, you will press the button controlling the fan speed instead.

-The D-pad buttons are not very responsive and require you to push harder than you normally would.

BOTTOM LINE: If you're going to buy any third-party controller, it's never going to be perfect. That's just a fact because microsoft has patents on their controllers design. But if sweaty hands is a big problem for you (like it is for me), then the good outweighs the bad and you should buy this controller, as it does a great job at eliminating that problem. However, if you don't care so much about the fan aspect and just want a controller that glows, I suggest you look into buying a modded OEM microsoft controller. Unless you are willing to spend $100 or more on a competition-grade controller, I guarantee that you will not find any non-microsoft controller with the same build quality and reliability.
on June 23, 2014
I loved this controller while it worked. I ordered it becasue my hands sweat alot andi needed a straight d-pad for certain games and liked this controller. Now I take care of my gaming equipment especially my wires i never twist them or wrap them around the contoller and unfortunetly I picked up my controller this morning to see a solid green light instead of the 4 seperate indicators. ive seen the problem before and i looked to open the controller "the screwes already had opening marks?". I opened up the controller shocked to to find shoddy wiring that was clipped wth exposed areas of the wire with parts touching, I can fix this myself and will since I opened it. Im not sure how this happened but im not happy. im very dissapointed in the quality control of assembly. I didnt pay 40$ to fix someone elses bad work.
on January 2, 2013
When i first got this controller I loved it. I play lots of different games primarily on PC and having a controller is simply way more fun than a keyboard for most titles. The LED lights I didn't usually turn on, (because my hands covered them anyway) so I could take for leave them, but the internal fan was really cool (pun intended). So this controller would have gotten 5 stars but a few months after I bought it, it just stopped working. No drops, spills, nothing - just stopped working. I tried uninstall/reinstalling it, updating drivers, whole nine yards. Just dead. So if you don't mind buying a new controller every few months than this is the one for you!

TLDR: was wonderful for three months until it stopped working
on June 19, 2012
I bought this controller for my PC because games like Sonic Generations, Super Meat Boy, and Saints Row: The Third were pretty difficult to play on the PC without a controller, and I will say that it has worked fine for that use. However, there are a few problems I would like to point out. The fan was fine when it worked; however on the first day of use the button jammed, so bye bye fan. That's not why I bought it though, so I didn't return it. The triggers are the most comfortable ones I've ever used. The controller itself is very comfortable. However, the D-Pad is stiff and practically unusable. If you're looking for a good D-Pad, this is not the one. The analog sticks have a bit more room to move around so it's better for precision, but on games where you don't need precision it just is a nuisance, and not comfortable at all. Finally, after a few months of use, the left bumper began to be less responsive on the left side of the button, which can get really annoying when you expect a click but don't get one. You have to have that physical feedback.

In regards to the fan, in the first week I did smell a burnt rubber smell. Take that as you will.

UPDATE 7/6/12: I bought this controller about three or four months ago, and already it's failed on me. My recommendation? Just buy a regular controller.
on December 3, 2011
This product is amazing and it works exactly as described.
All of the buttons seem to be accurate and respond very well.
It's priced at $39.99, but I didn't feel the need to put out that much for another controller, so I was waiting for a good deal to give this controller a try. Needless to say, I got this controller on Amazon's Gold Deal for $25.00.
Not a bad deal if you ask me, and I'm certainly happy with my purchased. I'd even go to say that $39.99 is reasonable for this sort of controller, for what it details.

The dual fan run at a two speed, and they work very well. It feels so much better when gaming, with the cool air blowing at your palms. The controller itself is designed very nice and fits within your grasp very well.

The lights that you can enable are a bit neat, but a little boring for just having one color. Although, it's cool, if you play at night (like me, since I work during the day). You're able to see where the buttons are, even at night out.

This is a no-brainer, that this will sell very well. I have no complaints about this product, and will continue to use this product for the long run.

EDIT Feb 8, 2012:
After nearly three months, this controller is still running strong and I'm still happy with my review and rating. I love this controller!

EDIT May 10, 2012:
Controller still works as great as when it was first purchased. After using it every time I game within the last couple of months, the B button is starting to get worn out. Other than the normal use, everything is still working strong. Lights still work, fans still work, motors still work, and all buttons still work.
on December 10, 2011
This controller caught my eye immediately because of its unique features. Ive had it for about a week, and the fans and lights work great.

However, there are some reviews mentioning issues with the chat port on the controller.
I have tested the port with several different headsets and discovered that this controller doesn't like to work with the non-traditional headsets i.e. Turtle beach.
Im not saying that EVERY non traditional headset doesn't work with this, but i do know that i tried 2 original xbox headsets, and both worked good with the controller (my voice sounded a little quiet though).

Analog sticks aren't any better or worse than regular controllers. You just have to see for yourself. Shipping was good, a bit late, but was sent safely.
And if you didn't know, the fan thing directly on the back is what brings the air into the controller, and it comes out where you hold it 3 places on each hand.

Another thing to note is that the cooling fans aren't at their max speed the very second you turn the controller on. Give them a minute and you will be happy.
The lights that are on it are very bright, which i was pleased with. Looks cool in the dark. (Not sure how long they will last though, so don't ALWAYS play with them on!)

OVERALL, i am pleased with this controller. Mostly got it because it was on sale for 25 dollars. I'm not sure that i would pay what they are asking for now for it though. Its also nice to stop buying so many batteries!
on February 11, 2012
I would usually be the first to tell you that third party accessories aren't worth bothering with but Power A knows how to make a controller. I've spent many hours using this controller and compiled a list of my pros and cons:

Pros:
Nearly feels identical in shape to microsoft's xbox 360 controller
Lights are attractive and optional
Dual speed fans feel great during extended gaming sessions
Analog sticks grip nicely to thumbs
Analog sticks have no "play" when in the neutral position (hardcore gamers will know what I mean)
Rubberized grip is subtle but nice when you notice it
All functions work even when using it as a game pad on PC

Cons:
Controller is wired (although I don't mind, I'm sure people will have a problem with it)
D-Pad isn't that great (and then again, neither is microsoft's d-pad)

Some people have complained about mic quality through this controller but I have no opinion either way. I have just been using the wireless mic all this time so I can't really attest to sound quality, sorry.

I absolutely love this controller and would recommend it for anybody looking for a xbox 360 controller. Even if you or someone you know doesn't even need a new controller get this anyway. For the price you can't go wrong.

Also, a side note, if any of you happen to use FPS Freek joystick extenders they will fit perfectly on this controller.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.