Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

• Customer Reviews

on December 21, 2013
I was hesitant to purchase this toy after seeing the mixed reviews but I'm glad that I decided to get it because my experience has been nothing but positive with it.

It is much like any other low-to-mid range rc helicopter. It has it's problems like a shorter range, occasional issues steering, and the wheel-drop thing isn't much more than a gimmick. It will take a bit to get the hang of flying it and at times you lose control over it.

But it delivers where you want it too. It has good battery life and although you have to recharge the heli every half an hour or so it charges back up quickly when connected to the controller. And while it's steering occasionally baffles, it is actually a lot easier to fly for a lot longer than any other rc helicopter I have played with. The very best thing about it is that it is very, very sturdy. It doesn't look or feel like it should be sturdy but it has stood up to more crashing, bashing, cat attacks, and falls than I could have ever reasonably expected. It actually fell down several stories once and is still working well. My 4 year old son enjoys nothing so much as to send it jetting up to crash into the ceiling over and over again and it has never taken damage or even required more adjusting than resetting it's switch.

Like I said, the wheels don't really add anything to it. It isn't easy or rewarding to try to drive it on the ground and it only makes the helicopter somewhat harder to fly. Then again, my son really loves launching the wheels midair and so it does have some value over one that didn't have any extra features. It shoots missiles too. Good luck keeping track of them but it does shoot them fairly reliably.

I'm sure there are better helicopter toys out there but at this price range I am very satisfied with the quality of this one. It is everything a little boy could hope for in a rc helicopter and a lot of fun for the adults and pets as well.
12 people found this helpful
on January 10, 2014
WARNING*** TOY IS FRAGILE AND AN ADULT SHOULD ASSIST ANYONE UNDER 13****
This was a Christmas present for my son and he had begged for it after seeing commercial after commercial (Thanks Nick, Cartoon Network, Disney). I'm so glad we got it for him as this was a huge pleaser for him, dad, uncles, and any other visitor we had over the holidays. The remote is also the charger and the wires tuck into a little compartment,which is pretty cool. The air hog toy itself is very light and seems very flimsy, BUT... has handled multiple crashes and a run-in with a big dog that thought it was a bug. The wheel chassis drops off to let the helicopter take off and the drop strike only works when the thing is flying.

After 3 weeks of vigorous playing and charging it's still going strong.
Only con: do not let your child plug this in as it's very fragile and if plugged in the wrong way it wont work and I'm worried my son's going to damage the charging port..but so far so good.
on May 1, 2014
Bought as present, receiver trashed packaging trying to remove. Was super fun for a while, and then somehow the power switch (microscopic) broke, and from that moment on, you could not recharge. Very short life. Contacted Spin Master, after three weeks they emailed back saying it couldn't be fixed, and they would replace. And then never got a replacement. Sucks, because when your kid really wants something for months, they don't understand why you just won't go buy another one.... but you know as an adult, that if you buy the next one, its going to have the same fate. Hard to explain to a kid why their beloved wish list item is junky, Frustrating.....
|0Comment|Report abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on October 25, 2013
It does everything I expected it to do in the manner I expected it to do it. It's a bit skittish when driving it considering it only uses propel power to move. The wheels don't operate on there own. It flies ok with the chassis attached but doesn't get much altitude until you eject the chassis. You have to have a bit of finesse when flying it which I somewhat lack. It's difficult to maintain steady altitude because it drops a little too quickly when easing off the throttle making it hard to catch before it hits the ground. You'd have to have a fairly high ceiling to counter that. It's a good thing it's so durable dispite how delicate it feels. I've crashed it plenty of times and haven't broken anything yet. The main issue I have with it is that it doesn't turn left. And adjusting the trim makes no difference. I don't know if mine is defective or if that's just how it's suppose to be. But I'd have a greater time flying it if I had more control.
32 people found this helpful
|22 comments|Report abuse
on January 5, 2014
It's to hard to get to fly correctly. And it broke the same day it was opened. And it's not something you would think would break on it like the wings. Oh no. It was the on off switch. It just fell out. This is just to exspensive for such a cheaply made toy.
on March 28, 2017
grandson loves it
on May 21, 2015
I accidentally ordered 4 instead of 2 but thought I'd give the extra one's as gifts, well these broke so fast it blew my mind. The kids had already seen the extra one's so I let them play with those. These children are very conscious of how to take care of toy's, especially expensive toy's and the Air Hogs were a very expensive lesson. Personally I would not recommend them!!!
on February 24, 2014
Bought for my 7 year old son for christmas. This is something he had been asking for from Santa. He played with it on Christmas morning and that night, it went into the toy box and has not been taken out since. Its not a very stable toy and hard to play with.
One person found this helpful
on December 27, 2013
I bought three of these for grandson's for Christmas, but they were a hit with the whole family, Dad's and sisters also.
on May 2, 2014
Its very hard to operate for a 9 year old. I even had a hard time operating it, not user friendly