Customer Reviews: Compucessory Air Duster Cleaning Spray (CCS24306)
Amazon Vehicles 4-month subscription Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Happy Belly Snacks Cozy Knits STEM Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Lady Gaga Shop Cycling on Amazon

on December 21, 2010
If youre looking for a cheap can of compressed air that is also a good quality can of compressed air then you will be happy with this product. I have bought a few different types of cheap compressed air over the last couple of years and have gotten both good and bad brands. For example, stay away from "Blow Off" brand. That brand has very low air pressue and once the can gets cold the air pressue is almost non-existant. But these can seem to be excellent. I used about 1/3 of a can my first usage and not only did it have excellent air pressure but also kept it even as the can got cold.

The only reason I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 is because about half of the nozzle straws were missing. Other than that these are very good cans of cheap air. Will buy again.
22 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 9, 2009
Super good price, best I could find. It even went down for the 6 pack. If you need a lot of air, this is a good deal, even cheaper than Costco.

Good quality and quantity for the price.
on November 24, 2012
When I started researching canned air I had no idea what I was looking for but after doing some digging I came across this six pack of unrivaled, and awe inspiring, expulsive power. Imagine that god was whispering the secrets of the universe into your ear. Times that by a million, send it over to Slayer and have them cover it, and what remains is a single spray from this can. And don't let the brand name Compucessory fool you this can be used on everything, including computers. I originally purchased it to remove loose grout during my tuck pointing husbandry servitude however I have discovered some of it's other vast uses such as safely and humanely telling your cat to get the F off of your coffee table for the 100th time. They just don't get it, they know what they're doing is wrong but they act like they don't. Trust me they know. That is why they are crafty little critters. In summation buy this product it blows hard...but in a good way. P.S. If you' re thinking about huffing your life away into an after school special with this bad boy don't even think about it you blossoming disappointment of a child. The can indicates that it "Contains a bitterant to help discourage inhalant abuse". So go get your rocks off some place else scumbag. Compucessory doesn't want your crumpled blood stained currency.
on July 13, 2009
air duster cans work great. I personally like the larger cans since I get more air per buck and since I usually dust larger objects.
on September 14, 2011
I think one other review called out that the cans are full of bitterant, which can cause some issues. Typically you won't have any problems with the bitterant in the can as long as you do not shake them, drop them, or turn them upside down. As long as you do all these things it will be safe for you.

If you don't follow those guidelines, expect a mouthful of bitterant next time you spray. I would complain more about the bitterant issue, but I know I can't really blame it on the manufacturer, I have to blame it on the drug addicts inhaling it to cause them to take such drastic measures on their product. Its not a huge issue, but boy does it SUCK to inhale the bitterant.

Other than that issue, it was a steal for just 18 dollars and I'm enjoying the product.
on March 22, 2014
Most folks who open the side covers on their computers for the first time are appalled at the crud that builds up in there over time, especially if the computer's environment is less than pristine. Primarly it's dust sucked in by the cooling fans and deposited on the innards.

Power dusters are an excellent way to give the guts a cleaning. I use this brand and it has served my needs well. BUT... here are a couple of tips for folks who are new to getting under the hood of their boxes.

First, shut down the machine prior to blasting it. When blowing off the motherboard and plug-in cards, the air stream is strong enough to dislodge loose connectors and cables. If that happens while powered up, the results are unpredictable and seldom beneficial. It's better to reseat loose plugs and connectors without having to fret over what happened to the formerly running machine. Indeed, SOP should be to check all of those plugs and connectors when done, just because.

Second, the cooling fans tend to become encrusted with layers of that stuff, greatly reducing their air-moving efficiency. With the power off, a paint brush can do a fair job of removing the chunks from the fan blades and the grill on the case. Air blasts then do the fine work. Of course, having a couple of new fans (Amazon sells them and they're cheap) to replace the shop-worn oldies is the preferred way.

Of them all, the fan that cools the CPU is the most critical. If this one goes bad, the CPU will typically overheat and shut down in an endless cycle. However, it could damage the CPU and render it useless. If the CPU fan and heatsink are so befouled that an air blast won't clean them, either have a compugeek remove, clean and replace them, or have a pro do it. It's not a task for the timid, and there is a very strong possibility of CPU failure if it's not done correctly.

ONE IMPORTANT WARNING: when cleaning off any fans, use a pencil, pocket screwdriver or other small pointy object to keep the blades from rotating in the air blast. It might be very tempting to see how fast they will spin, but it is all too easy to overrev the fans, which will probably weaken or destroy the bearings. Fans are designed for a certain RPM, and air bursts can push them well beyond that limit. As a result, the fan life is drastically reduced if not terminated. At best, you'll get nasty noises of protest from the fans. At worst, your case cooling and the machine operation will suffer.

Use the duster wisely on the computer and it will thank you for caring.
on July 10, 2011
It's compressed air. I've developed the habit of running around the house and spraying it at anything that looks even minutely dusty. Its addictive.
on September 20, 2011
What can I say, this is a can of compressed air. Blasted the hell out of my laptop to clean it (buttons, fans, every nook and cranny). First time I've cleaned this laptop like this and I've had it for 2+ years. And I still have about >1/4 a can left. Tip: don't shake or let the nozzle go angled. Uses up the air quicker and blasts super cold air, not good. I foresee this stuff lasting for 2-3 years even with regular quick-use. Those who need a can of air should get this stuff in bulk, works as great as those bigger-name brands compressed cans of air as far as I've used.
on November 4, 2010
I did get 6 cans, but it does have a bitterant so be aware of that when using it! If you're going to be using it in the same room as open food or beverage, you might consider one of the bitterant free brands.
on August 22, 2013
I've been working in the computer industry for over ten years and I have used a TON of different air dusters. These beat them all. You get a LOT of air in each can, they just keep going and going and going. They don't ice up nearly as quick as the competitors. With most competitors, if you even turn the can to its side for a moment, they freeze up. Not with these bad boys! I've had these puppies upside-down and they keep on chugging!

High, HIGH volume cans
Slow to ice up
Can be used in almost any position
Sturdy stick, doesn't bend of deform

Have I mentioned how gosh darn long these last?!

Price is a bit higher than the competition, but the value is well worth it.