Customer Reviews: Airlink101 AWLL6077V2 Golden 300N Wireless USB Adapter
Amazon Vehicles 4-month subscription Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fin fin fin  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis hhnsweeps Shop Cycling on Amazon

on September 7, 2010
One seller note before I begin: ShopDigi got this productt to me in under 48 hours, from CA to TX, via STANDARD SHIPPING!!! Outstanding! Will definitely buy from them again.

Now, on to the adapter itself. Installed easily, although the included drivers are not the latest. This product is actually a "Realtek RTL8192SU" network adapter (updated driver software is here: [...] ).

Installed and ran great (signal strength was particularly AMAZING, at least twice as good as my internal Dell 1397 WLAN adapter!!! and also found wireless networks that are ~500-600 feet from my house!). But...

Then it started. The drops, stutters, speed dropping to half what my G adapter was getting, etc. Problems too numerous to mention, and then it just quit working. No power, no light, no nothing. Dead. Terrible waste of 20 bucks.

BTW, I am running a LinkSys WRT300N wireless router that has about twenty different items connected to it, from Desktops/Laptops, to netbooks, an XBox 360, and even several HTC EVO phones, all of which run flawlessly throughout my two-story house. This product worked wonderfully for about two days, but at a cost of about $10/day it's not worth it. Extremely frustrating. Not even worth sending back for a refund.
on February 28, 2012
I had to replace my real lame internal wireless on HP laptop. After reading the reviews I decided to to with Airlink 101 AWLL6075. IT was real easy install and functioned great but I was getting 65Mbit on transmit and 130Mbit on receive. I got greedy and decided that I could really use the 130tx/130rx so, the best bet was AWLL6077V2 from the same manufacturer. The new one also installed fine and started to run like a charm and I was thrilled to see that I was 130/130 solid. I noticed that it was running a bit overly hot but I figured that is the way it work. I started to copy a 1.5 GB file from my NAS onto my laptop and back to test. The actual transfer rate was nto that great but was OK. At some point during testing, wireless lost the connection. All attempts to reconnect was futile. The faint blue light from the adapter was no more and Windows reporting that a usb device connected to your PC is unrecognized. Thing weren't looking that good. Just to make sure I connected to another laptop and was not even getting detected. So, worked real well, for the 5 to 10 minutes and that was all there was to it. Dead as a door nail now. Not exactly recommend it. However, th AWLL6075 still going strong and has my full seal of approval after a week of use.
on September 1, 2013
I have been using it for some time and like it a lot but if you are using Windows 7 you may have a problem. Microsoft does not like wireless adapters, they don't even sell them.

OEM versions may or may not have a problem but my Windows 7 pro is a cold install of the full Product so I was not that surprised. Microsoft support did a fine job of fixing it for me.
on May 4, 2013
This is a low cost item that actually wanted to fall apart. The case wanted to slip off, but maybe I was handling it rough.

In all, its doing its job just fine and was very easy to hook up and connect to my router. It has a button on the adapter for making its own contact when first installing. Also, it pulls in a strong signal.

Fine for the price. I would say to buying this again. (blue light was a big surprise - now my whole computer is blue lit - pretty)
on January 28, 2015
I bought one of these over two and a half years ago. I had installed two AWLL6075 models on my two Windows 7 64-bit computers and I bought this AWLL6077v2 as a spare and to use if I ever needed 300 Mbps upload speed for peripherals, Allshare, or whatever. I just got around to installing it a month or so ago on one computer and I installed it again tonight on the other. Installation was quick, easy, and straightforward. It seems that this model may have been superseded by the AWLL6086; I have one of those installed on my Windows 8.1 32-bit tablet but I have not tried it on Windows 7.

I certainly recommend the AWLL6077v2, if you happen to find one, for use with Windows 7.

on May 9, 2010
I received this item intact & in good time. I followed directions installing the adapter, and was running wireless in no time. It is working flawlessly. Thank you for the great service provided.
on March 18, 2012
Their support told me that they will NOT support non-computer devices (such as WD TV Live Hub) without payment. They charge ~70USD/semi-annum for non-computer device support.

If you believe that you may have need of installation support for devices, other than on PC or MAC computers, I strongly recommend finding another adapter. Since troubleshooting on non-computer devices is often more complicated and difficult, additional support is often required. They won't provide it to you without an investment that puts the total cost of ownership well over their competition.

This company has forgotten that any product is a product-service package. Support is a basic minimum expectation within a reasonable timeframe of original purchase. The product is one of many very similar options and price points. It's unfortunate that they chose as their primary differentiator, the lack of quality support.
on June 16, 2011
Plug and play. After doing some research, I found that this was one of a very few that is capatable with the Seagate Theater+. (For those of you that might be looking for that bit of info.) Works like a charm.
on August 23, 2011
Product works reasonably well though I do need to occasionally bounce the router in order to hook up to my network. I've used one of these for about 3 years - you cannot beat the price.
on June 26, 2012
I have an Airlink wireless router (and Dell desktop), the set up was easier than making toast. The set up took less than 5 minutes and the reception is good. I recommend this product.