Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on July 22, 2013
This film was listed at #10 on the American Film Institutes best comedies of all time. It should be at least in the Top 5. The punch lines never get old. I still crack up every time I see Leslie Nielsen say with a straight face, "I am serious....and don't call me Shirley!" The commentary track with producer Jon Davison, and the writers/directors Jerry and David Zucker and Jim Abrahams, add to the enjoyment with their "backstage" stories, and how the whole thing came about. They point out during the film small walk-on parts that were done by various family members and friends. Also they point out the different names that are used in the dialogue are actually friends from high school, people on their staff, etc.You can tell they are having a blast talking about making this hilarious film.. The disc also offers "pop-up trivia" with anecdotes throughout the film, but most of these are covered in the spoken commentary. The Blu-ray disc is excellent. Dazzling clarity and terrific surround sound. I strongly suggest, AFTER watching "Airplane!" to watch the 1957 film "Zero Hour!", on which "Airplane!" is based. At the time, a serious thriller about a commercial air plane in peril. But I guarantee you will laugh yourself silly.
10 people found this helpful
on November 28, 2017
Airplane! is amazing. It's hilarious from start to finish. I never realized how much Family Guy is like this film until I recently watched it again. It's basically just one random joke or flashback joke after another and it all works together. You have to have great joke writers to pull that off since there isn't much of a story to hinge the film on, and like Family Guy, Airplane! had some pretty excellent joke writing. The actors pull it off really well with mostly deadpan and straightman shticks. I highly recommend it if you're looking for some easy watching with a lot of laughs.
on May 17, 2016
Airplane is one of the best and funniest movies of all time. Every time I see it, I find myself laughing out out loud continually. There are few movies that I enjoy watching more than once, but I can watch Airplane over and over and never get tired of it. To this day, I hear quotes from Airplane on television, e.g. "Give me a vector, Victor," "I picked a bad day to quit drinking," and many more.

It's too bad that more purely fun movies like Airplane aren't made today.
4 people found this helpful
on July 14, 2016
I still laugh my butt off whenever I watch Airplane, despite having seen it dozens of times. Some of the jokes and gags just never get old. Interestingly, I learned just a few months ago that it's actually based -- almost scene-for-scene -- on the 1957 movie "Zero Hour!" and there's a great side-by-side comparison on YouTube of the two that is just amazing: (...)
4 people found this helpful
on May 31, 2016
I hadn't seen this movie in years, and it's still as funny as ever! There are so many stars in this movie that you would not expect to be in such a goofy production, I can't even remember all of their names. And I noticed a lot of 'sight gags' this time that I hadn't picked up on before too. Some night if you're in the mood for pure silly (but clever) watch this again. And if you've never seen it, there's no parking in the red zone! (One caveat: there are some 'jokes' about the captain asking a little boy visiting the cockpit some unsavory questions. Today these are considered to be in the poorest of taste. When the movie was made it wasn't the issue it is today.)
on May 25, 2016
1980's humor, wanna top the Three Stooges without the violence. Here's a laugh a minute movie, take a minute in your life to see the humor in the inane. Take a ride with those out of work actor whose careers needed a shot in the arm and sit back and laugh. Yeah, really laugh and forget about your worries. Time stands still when your having a good laugh, but after reality comes slamming back you have this to soften the edges. So catch some air and check out Top Secret too, by the same makers. Great cast, funny movie!
on December 30, 2014
I really never get tired of this movie. Years will pass since I've seen it, then I'll watch it again and just rock with laughter.

I've always enjoyed Zucker, Abrahams, and Zucker comedy. Other films that come to mind: Kentucky Fried Movie (their first endeavor from their days at University of Wisconsin), Top Secret, and of course Police Squad!.

This film is a delightful, slapstick parody of airplane disaster movies (the plot line is actually based upon a 1957 move "Zero Hour!" and other disaster films, such as "Airport 1975").

The plot centers around a routine passenger flight in which crew and passengers find themselves succumbing to food poisoning, leaving no one but Robert Hays, a traumatized (supposedly World War II) fighter pilot who must overcome his fear and fly the craft.

The film sports a top notch cast including a singing Nun played by Maureen McGovern (who also sang the theme to "The Towering Inferno" and "The Poseidon Adventure"), and was Leslie Nielsen's first comedic role.
One person found this helpful
on January 9, 2014
This is a laugh a minute as Robert Hays and his ex-wife try to land a Boeing 707 airliner after the crew got sick and incapacitated. See and hear Barbara Billingsley (aka June Clever) talk jive to a couple of dudes on the plane. See Llyod Bridges, usually a very serious actor tickle your funny bone with his, "I picked a wrong time to quit............." Otto the auto pilot will make you laugh with his antics. Watch as the crew flies on instruments. Cameo performances with Howard Jarvis (California politician of the 1980's), Ethyl Merman, Kennetyh Tobey, and the original crew of Peter Graves, Kareem Abdul Jabar and Lorna Patterson (TV's Private Benjamin). Watch as the reporters take pictures. And then there is good old Johnny. If you want to watch a funny and (really) mindless movie, watch this with the family, preferably with a member of the family who's a Baby Boomer.

Seller: Great service, highly recommend.
3 people found this helpful
on May 7, 2018
This movie is absolutely hilarious!! Your abs will definitely get a workout from laughing so hard. It’s one hilarious mishap after another. And who can forget Otto, the inflatable autopilot. He’s one of my favorite characters. And how Leslie Nielsen says, “don’t call me, Shirley” with a straight face, I don’t know. All I know is I can’t keep a straight face when he says it. This movie is great for when you’re having a bad day and need a cheer up. You’ll laugh until it hurts. Watching this movie when you’re tipsy is also an experience. But whether you’re tipsy or sober it’s an awesome movie.
on May 18, 2017
This is a really funny movie and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I've heard other people talk about it and so I finally broke down and bought it. Some people might be unhappy with the 4-letter words and some of the adult content, but that's not an issue for me.