Industrial Deals Beauty Silent Corner STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 130 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 140 reviews
on October 3, 2015
I have a temporary medical condition that makes me especially vulnerable to germs and viruses. Many warned me against flying in airplanes because of the poor air quality, so I purchased this because there is no way to fully avoid airborne viruses. I have to get in elevators. I need to shop. I have been in restaurants when people started coughing or sneezing. I can't stay at home. So, I wash my hands frequently, try not to touch my eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands and I wear this air purifier. When people start coughing, I look down at it and I am reassured by the little blinking blue light. I have not gotten sick since wearing it and I have been wearing it for a few months now.
The rope it hangs by was sometimes irritating at first. It feels like wool. Also, for a short time, when I wore the clamp against my bare skin, I felt little pulsations which I did not feel comfortable about, so I turned the ionizer around so that the blue light was towards my skin. Actually, it seemed the flow of air from the product had a better chance of reaching my face when the clamp was turned away from my body. I do love this product. My husband has the newer, more expensive version with the charger and he loves that one. I'm tempted to buy it because it is rechargeable. Changing the batteries are as easy as 1-2-3 and they are inexpensive at Walmart and Amazon.com. Unless I accidentally leave my ionizer on when I am not using it, my batteries last for weeks. Of course, unlike my husband, I don't typically wear this thing unless I am going out to see the public. He leaves his on the nightstand throughout the night. I'm not as happy to do that with batteries that need replacing. So, I am torn between the two products. But, I'd certainly give this one an A+++ rating.
on December 3, 2014
Here's my complete factual experience with this product. You can draw your own conclusions.

I originally bought the Airtamer for use on airplanes, as most do. I have flown Delta and American, and there has never been an issue with wearing it. Before I bought it I used to get sick regularly after traveling. In the years since I bought it, this has never happened again.

I am also a teacher and getting older and more prone to illness. Two years ago I got sick 5 times during the school year. Last school year I got sick 5 times before Christmas. So, I decided to try wearing the Airtamer at school as well as on airplanes, and began Jan. 1, 2014. It is now Dec. 3, 2014, and I have not had a cold since (knock wood!).

I also noticed that, since I started wearing it daily, my usual allergies have been diminished. I find that if I have an allergy attack and turn on the Airtamer, the attack usually goes away with 10 minutes, often less.

So, there you have it. Perhaps I'm just engaging in a big false cause fallacy, but it seems to me that it has worked pretty darned well.

**Update 2/7/16: It has been more than 2 years now since I started wearing this every day. I'm superstitious and don't want to jinx it, so I'll just say that the story I tell above, as it relates both to allergies and to lack of illness, is, so far, unchanged.
on July 1, 2013
I'm allergic to so many different chemicals that traveling is often miserable. Perfume. Scented hand lotion. Just about every cleaning chemical on the market. But wearing this air purifier has helped me significantly on my last couple of trips--I had fewer reactions to my hotel room, and less hayfever outside.

The name "Filter Stream" gives the impression that this air purifier is going to blow a stream of air up at your face, but that's not how it works: it silently creates negative ions and releases them into the air around you. The cloud of negative ions it generates protect you from the pollen, dust, and volatile chemicals. The only way you can tell it's working is the little blue light that comes on--you can't feel or smell the negative ions it's releasing. But it does seem to work. I now consider it an essential travel item.
on April 22, 2015
i always get sick on transcontinental flights. Not this time. I wore this little device for two flights each lasting 19 hours. Now, this could be coincidence, but given how prone I am to getting respiratory infections from long flights, I'll say it does work. The only two negatives: it seems to dry out nasal passages even more than regular dry airplane air does. I had the slightest nose bleed, but I would take that any day over being sick for a week. A little lip balm helps with that problem. The other issue is that not all airline staff knows what to do about this device. Staff on a Delta flight told me in no uncertain terms that the item was not allowed. Staff on AirFrance was also clueless but friendlier ("Oh, this is cute, what it it ?"). I ended up downloading the FCC approval letter that can be found on the manufacturer's website, but did not need it after all. Here is the Link.

The best advice is to don the device after boarding, not before.

Overall, I am very happy with this purchase and plan to use it on future flights.
on January 21, 2013
my personal air purifier is great, I use it on plane or at hotels, anywhere to avoid strong chemicals or perfumes.
on August 29, 2015
I wore this for an air plane trip that lasted over 4 hours. About 2 hours into the trip I started to feel irritation around my neck that became worse. When I touched my neck it felt like I was rubbing broken glass into my skin. I took the aAirtamer off and after about 2 hours my neck began to feel normal. I will be asking for a refund as I will never wear it again.
on October 8, 2016
I really really really wanted this to work as I have to wear a 1/2 mask respirator to leave the house. I read the reviews complaining of the cord burning but hoped it would not happen to me. Well it did, almost instantly. There is no way I'd ever tolerate this. My neck is flaming red everywhere the cord touched and feels on fire :( So disappointed.
on June 24, 2016
I recently purchased this for a trip to Europe consisting of three flights in each direction, all of which were completely full. I read the reviews and decided to give this device a try since on some of my previous trips, I ended up with a cold. On this trip, I went and returned without having any health issues. I have no idea if this device is really the reason, but I will continue to use it since it is quiet, relatively unobtrusive, and reasonably priced. And if it really is the reason for being able to maintain good health in the midst of the overcrowded environment of air travel, it is a terrific bargain. One perhaps helpful observation - according to the literature enclosed with the unit, the neck cord functions as some type of conductor that facilitates the effectiveness of the unit, but must be in contact with your skin rather than just stuffed into your shirt pocket. The unit itself is smaller than I had anticipated, and the attached clip allows it to be attached to your shirt pocket. I am happy with the purchase.
on May 13, 2016
I have used travel air purifiers before and have not had a problem. I changed brands since this seemed to be an updated model. About 2 hours into the flight my next and back started itching and burning. It felt like a thousand mosquitos were attacking me! My back and neck was on fire. I took the air purifier off and within 2 hours, I was fine. DUring that time I had to place cold cloths on my back too soothe it. There is something radically wrong with this unit. Amazon was very cooperative and issued a refund. Others have also posted problems with this.
on March 30, 2011
I ordered a Air Tamer A302 to wear on a recent flight. I did not get sick afterwards, which is not the norm for me. If someone is coughing/sneezing on the plane near me, I get sick and this time I did not! I have severe allergies & I have been wearing the Air Tamer A302 since I purchased it. My allergies have vastly improved compared to last year.

Filter Stream provides excellent customer service.
11 comment| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse