Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on October 2, 2013
I'm loving this controller. It has presets for your DAW, although some require an update patch (Reason). The semi weighted keys feel good and the solid body will hold up to moderate abuse.

Unfortunately, as everyone else has said, the pads are squishy with no spring to them, but they don't detract enough for someone (like me) who doesn't use pads often.

My biggest problem with the MPK25 is that it's huge for a 25 key. It's too boxy and heavy for portability, if you're looking for more of a travel companion than features check out the mini instead.
on June 10, 2015
This is a solidly built unit and simple to use. Two complaints: 1) the keyboard action is very stiff compared to most synths, and 2) the drum pads are squishy and not very sensitive. I'm neither a keyboard player or a finger drummer, so neither one of these are deal killers for me. As several other reviews indicate, the squishy pads can be tweaked by modding.
on September 19, 2015
This is a phenomenal device. Not only does it do everything that i need plus more, it is very sturdy. About a month after i got it, i accidentally left it in my outside studio, not knowing that it would rain. Well, needless to say, it did. I ran back home hoping that it didn't get wet. Well, IT DID. It had so much water in it that i had to hold it up and drain it. I was devistated. But, the good ole mpk 25 never missed a beat, i plugged it back up the next day and its still going strong to this day with no problems.
I was brand new to making beats and i knew absolutely nothing on how to get started
But after playing with it and watching a few tutorials, i started to see its capabilites and my imagination come to life. I debated on weather or not i should buy the mpk25 for months, but i dont regret buying it at all, as a matter of fact, i would suggest that you make the purchase, you won't regret it. I am highly pleased.
on November 30, 2013
It's keys are well weighted, and the knobs are all fantastic, but it does have one down side, that being the pads are relatively poor made, they are hard to use, but in order to fix it turn the pad sensitivity up to max and hit them hard.
on October 28, 2014
Been using it for a while now, absolutely exceptional! Knobs are great and firm, keys are semi-weighted and it powers itself via usb connection. Pads are not very sensitive but that is standard with almost all out-of-the-box controllers. Definitly worth the money
on January 13, 2015
Based on my son's feedback:
The weighted white keys are great. The black keys are too firm and it's difficult to play when striking the black keys up top.
Pads are too tough.
other than that, it's a great keyboard.

It did not come with a power adapter and it's normal.
USB powers the unit.
on May 15, 2015
I love the usability of this controller. After I modified the drum pad sensitivity, this controller is awesome. Portability is the only drawback, I took it on travel with me and it required its own suitcase, which I carried on the plane in the overhead bin. Nice and sturdy piece of equipment.
on January 6, 2018
I loved this item all around. Really was a great starter when I was beginning in music production.
on January 27, 2016
Im in love with this thing. Its the best bamg for your buck when it comes to midi and for a beginner. I use ableton live 9 suite and its so compatible i dont even have to map anything. Thanks!!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 31, 2015
Very good product. I just wish the pads where more sensative then as far as they go. If you were deciding on getting this I say do it I plan on getting the mini akai soon!