- Receive a 3 month FREE trial membership with Skoove.com online piano lessons, when you buy any digital piano, keyboard, or MIDI controller, sold and shipped by Amazon.com Here's how (restrictions apply)
Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Akai Professional MPK Mini MKII | 25-Key Ultra-Por..." and save 58% off the $199.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
2-Year Musical Instruments Accident Protection Planfrom SquareTrade
- Coverage for drops, spills and product malfunctions
- 24/7 customer support
- Free shipping on all repairs with no deductibles or hidden fees
- Fully transferable with gifts. Cancel anytime, full refund in the first 30 days
- If you purchase this service plan and eligible product for this service plan, you acknowledge that Amazon may send the service plan seller relevant product and price information for the purpose of administering the plan
Akai Professional MPK Mini MKII | 25-Key Ultra-Portable USB MIDI Drum Pad & Keyboard Controller with Joystick, VIP Software Download Included
Order it now.
- Compact keyboard controller easily fits backpack and studio production desk (12.4" long, 1.6 lbs)
- Powered by USB connection to computer, with free virtual-instrument download packages
- Crammed full of all the features you need to play and edit musical ideas
- 25-synth-action mini-keys, 8 velocity-sensitive rubber drum pads with two banks, and eight assignable control knobs
- Includes VIP - the ground-breaking, award-winning music software platform that provides musicians and composers with a powerful hands-on control solution for their virtual instrument and virtual effect collection
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Compose, record, and perform while connected to your computer's Digital Audio Workstation via USB.
The Akai MPK Mini MKII comes with access to amazing free software so you can start creating right out of the box.
After registering your MPK Mini MKII online, you'll find this content in your profile:
- Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech
- SONiVOX Wobble
- Akai Pro MPC Essentials
Take Control, Wherever You Go
The new MPK Mini MKII is an ultra-compact keyboard controller designed to easily fit in the laptop-toting musician's backpack and still earn its spot on the desktop producer's crowded table space.
The MKII packs 25 slender, velocity-sensitive keys, a brand new four-way thumbstick for dynamic pitch and modulation manipulation, eight backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads plus two banks, and eight assignable control knobs.
Make sure your capability matches your creativity wherever inspiration strikes.
- Mac OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended
- PC: Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP; Windows-compatible sound card
Nothing to Hold you Back
The MPK Mini MKII includes everything for laying down your musical ideas. Increase your range with dedicated Octave Up and Down buttons, easily create melodies with the on-board adjustable arpeggiator, and use eight MPC-style rubber drum pads to keep pace with your creativity.
Plug in and Go
For maximum portability, MPK Mini MKII requires no software drivers or external power adapter for operation.
It supports plug-and-play connectivity, features USB-MIDI, and powers up with a single USB connection to your computer.
Choose the Effects you Want
Download the free MKII MIDI Editor to unlock the true potential of your MPK Mini MKII. This MIDI editor is powerful preset management software that lets users customize their hardware and software setup on their computer so you can spend more time making great music.
VIP provides you with unparalleled access to your virtual instrument and effect collection, seamlessly integrating the hardware / software experience and grants the unrestricted freedom to create in a user-friendly, intuitive format.
- MPK Mini MKII
- Included Software (download only): MPC Essentials, SONiVOX Wobble, and AIR Hybrid 3
- USB Cable
- Printed QuickStart Guide
- Printed Safety Instructions & Warranty Information
- Includes VIP3.1 - the ground-breaking, award-winning music software platform that provides musicians and composers with a powerful hands-on control solution for their virtual instrument and virtual effect collection.
- Incorporates five years of user feedback for an all-new, enhanced design
- 25 synth-action mini keys
- 4-way thumbstick for dynamic pitch and modulation control
- 8 backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads with Note Repeat & Full Level
- 8 assignable Q-link control knobs for mixing, tweaking plug-ins, and more
- Built-in arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range, and modes
- USB-powered directly from computer; no power adapter required
- Full-size sustain pedal input jack
- Enhance your standard MIDI over USB Keyboard Controller with VIP and revolutionise your production and performance workflow.
Compare with similar items
Nektar IMPACT LX25+ MIDI Controller
midiplus AKM320 midiplus MIDI Keyboard Controller
Akai Professional APC Key 25 | Ableton Performance Controller with Keyboard, VIP Software Download Included
Novation Launchkey Mini 25-Note USB Keyboard Controller, MK2 Version
Akai Professional LPK25 WIRELESS | 25 Mini-Key Bluetooth MIDI Keyboard
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||12.36 x 7.08 x 1.8 in||10.5 x 18.34 x 2.34 in||4.92 x 18.11 x 1.18 in||12.28 x 7.64 x 1.69 in||8.66 x 14.96 x 3.07 in||13.4 x 3.8 x 1.1 in|
|Item Weight||1.63 lbs||4 lbs||1.59 lbs||1.85 lbs||2.38 lbs||1 lb|
The new MPK Mini MKII is an ultra-compact keyboard controller designed to easily fit in the laptop-toting musician’s backpack and still earn its spot on the desktop producer’s crowded table space.
For maximum portability, the MPK Mini MKII requires no software drivers or external power adapter for operation. It supports plug-and-play connectivity, features USB-MIDI, and powers up with a single USB connection to your computer.
With an array of hardware controls, the MPK mini MKII lets you record, compose, and perform with virtual instruments, effect plugins, and Digital Audio Workstations whenever inspiration strikes.
It features 25 velocity-sensitive synth-action keys, a 4-way thumbstick for dynamic pitch and modulation manipulation, 8 backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads, and 8 assignable Q-Link knobs. Plus, two banks expand the number of MPC-style pads to 16 for extended creative capabilities.
The MPK mini MKII includes all the essentials for quickly laying down and expanding upon your musical ideas.
Finally, it comes bundled with professional production software and virtual instruments free downloads for immediate music creation.
Frequently Asked Questions
What software comes with the Akai MPK Mini?
The Akai MPK Mini comes with the following software:
- Akai Pro MPC Essentials
- SONiVOX Wobble 2
- AIR Hybrid 3
- Preset Editor Software
How do I get my software?
- Go to akaipro.com/my-account
- Login to your Akai Pro account. If you do not have an account, Create one.
- Once you have logged in or created your Akai Professional user account, choose Register a Product.
- Enter the requested information to Register your MPK2 series controller and press Submit.
- Once you have Registered your MPK2 Series controller, you can now find the downloads for the various included software within the My Account section.
What operating systems is it supported with?
The Akai MPK Mini is supported on the latest operating systems, including Windows 8 and Mac 10.9. The MPK Mini is a class-compliant plug-and-play device that does not require a specific driver installation in order to be functional and will function with all major Windows and Mac operating systems from Windows XP, Vista and 7 to Mac 10.4 and later.
Is it powered by USB or wall power supply?
The Akai MPK Mini is USB hub powered. It connects and powers by a standard USB-A to USB-B cable and does not require a wall power supply.
What are the differences between the MPK Mini MKI and MKII?
Some of the major additions and changes to the Akai MPK Mini are:
- Features a 4-way Pitch Bend and Modulation joystick. This joystick has three assignable modes, including:
- Pitch Bend - Up, down, left and right
- Modulation 1 - There is a single CC per axis. The center CC is at 64 and the joystick modulates on the axis of choice.
- Modulation 2 - There are two CCs per axis. The center axis is 0 and the endpoint CCs on each axis can be set by the user with the included preset editor.
- Connects via standard USB-A to USB-B cable rather than a mini-USB to USB-B cable.
- Features a Noterepeat and Full-level button option.
- Contains a 1/4” Sustain pedal input for standard momentary non-latching foot-switch functionality.
- The 8 velocity-sensitive pads have back-lit red and green coloring.
Can I change the default presets?
Yes! There are four built-in presets that can be chosen in the controller. These presets can be edited, adjusted and uploaded to the MPK Mini using the included preset editor.
Wait! What if I still have more questions?
Don’t worry! You can watch step-by-step tutorials in the Related Video Shorts below or visit akaipro.com/kb/search/MPK_Mini for more detailed FAQs.
- Note Keys: (25) velocity-sensitive mini keys
- Pads: (8) assignable backlit pads, velocity- and pressure-sensitive
- Pad Banks: (2) banks
- Knobs: (8) assignable 270º knobs
- X-Y Controller: (1) configurable thumbstick with 3 modes
- Octaves: 10-octave range with octave up/down buttons
- Arpeggiator: adjustable resolution, range, and modes
- Additional Controls:
- Note Repeat button
- Full Level button
- Tap Tempo button
- Inputs / Outputs
- (1) USB port
- (1) 1/4” (6.35mm) TS input for sustain pedal
- Power: USB power via full-size USB jack; no power adapter required
- Dimensions (width x depth x height):
- Product: 12.5” x 7.13” x 1.75”
- Shipping: 14.3” x 8.64” x 2.9”
- Product: 1.65 lbs
- Shipping: 2.43 lbs
- MPK mini
- USB Cable
- MPK mini Editor (download)
- Software Download Card
- User Guide
- Safety & Warranty Manual
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
- Its easy to use AFTER you have learned how to set up and use it.
- Its fun.
- A good way to get into digital music making.
- Budget friendly.
- The software setup is kind of intimidating but luckily there are easy-to-find tutorials to help you.
- Akai itself doesn't seem to have much assistance in actually using the controller. Every useful tutorial I found was by someone else, not the company. It would be nice for them to take the time to make more tutorials. Unless I just didn't find them? Everything I found just had to do with setting up the software, nothing really about HOW to actually use it.
-The software that is included is limited. You can't use the knobs with MPC Essentials, you need Ableton or something similar for that. Or rather, I should say, you can't use the knobs for effects in your track. I believe you can use it for other things but I still don't quite understand that part.
I am still learning to use this but it has gotten significantly funner to use as I have learned more about it and found sounds I like.
Just as a tip:
- Make sure you know where all your files are saved when you setup the software. You will need to know where your VST stuff is so you can load it into MPC Essentials.
-Use Program 2 when you're finally ready to start loading sounds in. Program 2 has the pads laid out in order in the software, so everything correlates properly.
-Read the manual and do a lot of research if you are new to it. It's worth the time, trust me.
The packaging was fantastic. Included is the Keyboard, USB-Midi cable, instructions, and information on where and how to download your included software.
The keyboad itself looks great. It is very streamline and has a great color scheme. A unique feature is the 4 way joystick for modulation and pitch control. I have to say I like it better than a typical wheel style control you see on other midi-controllers. It really helps keep the size of the keyboard down since you don't have to include those bulkier pitch and modulation wheels. It really helps make this a portable keyboard. Though someone who is use to the wheel style control might not like this feature. It takes a minute to get acclimated to.
Right now my only complaint is that the keys are a little smaller than I was expecting. As you can see in my pictures, each key is about the size of a penny. They are completely usable but a little hard to get used to if you are use to a full size keyboard. This may or may not matter to you. If you have big fingers, I may recommend looking for something else. Of course this is not the manufacturer's fault, they list "mini keys" in the first description of the product so I am not going to knock any stars for that. I just thought they wouldn't be quite so mini. But the upside is that it makes the overall footprint very small, smaller than my computer keyboard infact. Also, unless you have nothing else, this isn't really the type of keyboard you (or atleast I) would use to put down a lot of notes. I think it's more for editing and mixing than for creating and composing, but if you really needed to you easily could.
I think would be really neat if they made this same controller with normal sized keys. They make one similar (Akai Professional MPK25 25-Key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller with MPC Pads) but it has a lot more going on and is $80 more. Maybe I will invest in that someday. If you have larger fingers or don't like the mini-keys go check that one out.
Anyway, in summary, fantastic little midi keyboard. Good price, great packaging, and great usability. I think this is a good keyboard to start out with as a beginner and even a good keyboard to have floating around if you are a pro. Pick it up, I don't think you will be disappointed.
The build quality is really good. It feels like it's made of sturdy material and is a quality product. Nothing feels fragile, like it's going to fall off. It feels very well made.
As for being plug-and-play, I think it is for the most part. As long as you already have music creation software installed on your computer. I did not have to install any drivers to get it working. I tested it with the free software LMMS and it came up without too much hassle. I also tested on a computer with FL Studio that worked just as well. Plug-and-play with Garageband on my old Macbook worked exactly as soon as I plugged it in.
As for the included software... I saw a lot of reviews where there was an issue with the included software so I thought I'd check it out. I can see how that might be a problem. It was a bit tedious to download the software and activate it but it did work.
I'm probably a bit more biased to the software that I'm used to but I'd say if you're on a Windows computer and want to start using this right away without much hassle, check out LMMS(completely free), or FL Studio if you want a more higher end premium software. If you're on a Mac, just use Garageband, It works right out of the box!
Most recent customer reviews
I actually was able to download all the software.Read more