Akai Professional MPK225 | 25-Key USB MIDI Keyboard & Drum Pad Controller with LCD Screen (8 Pads / 8 Knobs), VIP Software Download Included
- All-in-one controller with keyboard and trigger pads for performing live and composing in studio
- 25 semi-weighted, full-size keys with pressure sensitivity. iOS compatibility using the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately).USB power and plug-and-play connectivity
- 8 RGB-illuminated MPC-style pads (32 assignable via 4 banks)
- 8 control knobs and 4 switches (24 knobs and 12 switches assignable via 3 banks)
- Includes VIP3.0 - the ground-breaking, award-winning music software platform that provides musicians and composers with a powerful hands-on control solution for their virtual instrument and virtual effect collection
- Please Note: This keyboard does not come with a traditional power adapter since the keyboard is mainly used with a computer, and the USB cable is the power cable because the computer fully powers the keyboard.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
The Akai MPK2 series comes with amazing software so you can start creating right out of the box. Below is the list of included software that comes with the MPK2 series.
- Ableton Live Lite Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech.
- SONiVOX Twist 2.0.
- Akai Pro MPC Essentials.
You're In Control
Engineered to be an all-in-one controller solution, the Akai Professional MPK225 is a performance pad and keyboard controller that combines deep software integration, enhanced workflow, and core technologies from the iconic line of MPC workstations.
Each member of Akai Pro's MPK2 series comes fully loaded with a comprehensive interface for manipulating virtual instruments, effect plugins, DAWs, and more. Plus, the MPK225 is optimized to interface directly with your Mac or PC with USB power and plug-and-play connectivity.
- Mac: 1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel Mac recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Mac OS X 10.4.11or later
- Windows: 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or Celeron CPU (multicore CPU recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Win 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP
Made to Play
The Akai MPK225 comes equipped with 25 semi-weighted, full-size keys and a premium piano-style keybed for unprecedented response and natural feel. Each key is velocity-sensitive and outfitted with aftertouch for dynamic, expressive performances and recordings.
Genuine MPC Functionality
With the MPK225, musicians can incorporate genuine MPC workflow into their production: Note Repeat, Full Level, Tap Tempo, and Time Division, as well as MPC Swing so users can obtain that tight, organic groove that made Akai Pro’s MPC so legendary.
MPK225 is armed with powerful production software—Ableton Live Lite and MPC Essentials. Ableton Live Lite is a fluid audio/MIDI environment that enables musicians and producers to spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise, and edit musical ideas.
VIP 3.0 Integration
VIP provides you with unparalleled access to your virtual instrument and effect collection, seamlessly integrating the hardware / software experience and grants the unrestricted freedom to create in a user-friendly, intuitive format.
- USB Cable.
- Quickstart Guide.
- Safety & Warranty Manual.
- Includes VIP3.0 - the ground-breaking, award-winning music software platform that provides musicians and composers with a powerful hands-on control solution for their virtual instrument and virtual effect collection.
Enhance your standard MIDI over USB Keyboard Controller with VIP and revolutionise your production and performance workflow.
8 RGB-illuminated MPC-style pads each with 4 banks for 32 pads.
12 assignable Q-Link controllers include 8 control knobs and 4 backlit buttons.
iOS compatibility using the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately).
USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input & output.
Comprehensive transport and parameter controls for hands-on DAW integration.
1 assignable footswitch jack and 1 expression jack.
|Dimensions||19.25" x 11.75" x 3.63"||29" x 12.25" x 3.38"||35.63" x 12.25" x 3.38"|
|Weight||6.09 lbs||12.6 lbs||15.1 lbs|
|Drum pads||8 with 4 banks (32 total)||16 with 4 banks (64 total)||16 with 4 banks (64 total)|
|MPC Note Repeat, MPC Full Level, Tap Tempo, and Time Division||✔||✔||✔|
|Assignable control knobs||8 with 3 banks (24 total)||8 with 3 banks (24 total)||8 with 3 banks (24 total)|
|Assignable switches||4 with 3 banks (12 total)||8 with 3 banks (24 total)||8 with 3 banks (24 total)|
|Faders||-||8 with 3 banks (24 total)||8 with 3 banks (24 total)|
|Footswitch input jacks||1 assignable, 1 expression||1 assignable, 1 expression||2 assignable, 1 expression|
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||$10.92||FREE Shipping||
Exclusively for Prime members
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||212 Distributors||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||19.25 x 11.77 x 3.62 in||12.36 x 7.08 x 1.8 in||6.29 x 22.4 x 15.1 in||12.1 x 18.7 x 3.3 in||29.52 x 11.52 x 3.48 in||10.5 x 18.34 x 2.34 in|
|Item Weight||6.61 lbs||1.63 lbs||7.72 lbs||7.7 lbs||9.92 lbs||4 lbs|
The Akai Professional MPK2 series of performance pad and keyboard controllers are an all-in-one controller solution for studio composers and live music performers. The MPK2 series combines deep software integration, enhanced workflow, and core technologies from the iconic line of MPC workstations with a keyboard for maximum flexibility without complication.
The MPK225 features 25 semi-weighted keys with aftertouch pressure sensitivity, 8 MPC-style pads with RGB feedback, 8 Q-Link knobs and 4 switches, and onboard transport buttons. Four pad banks expand the number of assignable pads to 32 total, and three banks expand assignable knobs 24 with 12 switches.
Plus, MPK225 is optimized to interface directly with your Mac or PC with USB power and plug-and-play connectivity, so you can go where you need to and have all you need to.
- Note Keys: (25) keys; semi-weighted, velocity-sensitive; 10-octave range with octave up/down buttons or transposition
- Pads: (8) pads; velocity- and pressure-sensitive; (4) banks
- Knobs: (8) 360º encoders; (3) banks
- Switches: (4) switches; LED-backlit; (3) banks
- Inputs / Outputs
- (1) USB port
- (1) 1/4” (6.35mm) TRS expression pedal input
- (1) 1/4” (6.35mm) TS sustain pedal or footswitch input
- (1) 5-pin MIDI in
- (1) 5-pin MIDI out
- Power: via computer USB bus or USB charger (sold separately) via power adapter (sold separately): 6V DC, 1A, center-positive
- Dimensions (width x depth x height): 19.25” x 11.75” x 3.63”
- Weight: 6.09 lbs
- Quickstart Guide
- USB Cable
- Safety & Warranty Manual