Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 604 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 681 reviews
on February 12, 2007
This is a great thing to see. We are seeing someone who is born with this talent and we get to see her progress with this. I think people get caught up in the "Christian" aspect of it and seem to be negative about her.

What is she? She's an 11 year old who paints what she sees in her mind. Does it matter if it not stylized as people think it should be? Again, when you hear this artist talk, she paints her dreams and what she sees in her mind. I think that's true of a lot of artists.

And for the people who are negative about her, it has drawn their attention too.

Is this artist looking to be taken seriously in the "art world?" It does not seem that way. This artist is painting what she wants to paint and seems to love it.

Children, even those called "prodigies", have something to teach us and we put them off because they're "just kids."

I love this and take it for what it is.
22 comments| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 24, 2015
I have to admit that I was very skeptical at first, about whether or not this child actually saw Jesus, or had any of the experiences she claims. I figured her parents must have influenced her, and "taught" her what to say. There are so many ridiculous stories out there, of people's alleged visits to Heaven, chats with Jesus, etc, that I usually just roll my eyes and dismiss them. However, I have adjusted my opinion, and do believe that Akiane's story may well be true. It rings of truth, and there is no other explanation for a child that young having that kind of talent and those sorts of insights and stories. She grew up in an atheist home, was homeschooled, so not exposed to religious beliefs, and had never used an art supply. She told her parents that she had met Jesus, and that Jesus taught her how to draw/paint. At only about 3 or 4 yrs old. She gave numerous details, and was able to paint these amazing images all of a sudden! Her parents were converted to Christianity, and Akiane has continued to stun others with her artwork...she drew and painted many of the images in the book at only 6 and 8 yrs of age! Totally amazing!
on November 30, 2014
I had heard about this girl and her artistic talents. It's interesting to follow her progress from three yrs' old, into her pre-teens. Her paintings of Christ were remarkable. She claimed divine inspiration, and that provided her with views and symbolic images of Heaven. Much later, I read the book, "Heaven Is For Real",by Todd Burpo. its premise is that a three year old boy, son of a minister, nearly died on the operating table, and was taken up to Heaven. Among other things, his dad, several years later, was pushing him (gently) for an accurate picture of Jesus. No photo or image made the grade for the boy, until he was shown one of the paintings done by Akiane. According to the boy (as noted in the book) THAT was the only truly accurate picture of Jesus. I'm not an art critic, but I had to have a look at what was claimed to be the true face of Jesus. That's why I purchased Akiane's book. Two children, unknown to each other, both claiming to have visited Jesus in Heaven. Who could resist?
on October 27, 2014
The book on tape is contained in the first CD. The second CD has her poetry. Unfortunately in the thrid CD, the interview with her as a 17 year old is marred by the fact that the announcer is loud and clear, while Akiane is barely audible (they are using Skype, which, for a change, is amazingly consistent). One cannot escape the fact that he is breathing into the microphone whenever Akiane isnt speaking. That noise overshadows the entire interview. When he is not speaking his mic seems to be on pause, but it picks up his breathing. And it is LOUD. It is even louder when you turn the volume up in order to hear what she is saying only to be blasted by his voice when he decides to speak! So if you dont mind being unable to use the third CD, shop away!
on September 11, 2014
Akiane's story is like reading a biography of a young Einstein. It is quite interesting to hear about her family and upbringing that led her to where she is today. Her experience of Jesus at a young age is an awesome testament to the God who sees—he saw what her family was going through and planned a pathway through which his grace and presence would enter their family. Her mother also peppers the tale with humor, which I enjoyed.

Her spiritual visions are probably best told through her paintings, and I am glad that the book didn't give undue focus to the experiences.

It was a quick read. Could not sleep with jet lag and I read almost the whole thing in a few hours overnight.

The poetry is dense however so I am still going through it and re-reading the parts that resonate.
on August 19, 2015
I first learned about Akiane in the book Heaven is For Real. After that I became intrigued about her so I was glad to read this book to gain more information about this talented young woman. Akiane: Her Life, Her Art, Her Poetry by Akiane Kramarik tells the story of Akiane's life and her family's journey to accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Akiane is a most remarkable girl and her story interesting. I enjoyed learning the story of her Walk with The Lord but the color pictures of her art were by far my favorite part of the book. The poetry was not as riveting as the pictures were for me. This is a great coffee table book and is appropriate for anyone to enjoy.
on January 6, 2017
This is a beautiful book - and large! I actually have it electronically, but the physical book is so beautiful too and often I just go through it and gaze and the paintings and drawings. This isn't expensive either to tell the truth. I may get more as gifts. This is a beautiful book - just lovely!
on September 21, 2013
Found out about Akiane while reading "Heaven is for Real" The true story of a boy who slips into death but returns just long enough to remember faces places, and things he never knew before. (he had never met his grandfather, but was able to describe him to his parents in full detail). Coulton (the boy) mentions often meeting Jesus, but non of the pictures in the bibles or other books looked like Jesus until he ran across a painting of him, masterfully done by Akiane at age 8. Buying this book gives you a bigger look into this truly gifted, blessed child, through her paintings, and the poetry that resides with it. There are secrets and truths in this book that will make the way you look at life, much different . She is a messenger , with something very good to say.
on June 26, 2015
Words cannot express. Akiane is so gifted and her art has such deep meaning. This book also includes her amazing story. As much as I love this book, it does not even begin to show you how incredible her art is. I have met Akiane and seen her art. It is really not possible to see all of the detail in a book. I would not have believed what I just said had I not seen it in person and I almost did not go. It would be nice to have a book which shows her later art as this book only goes for so many years of her life. This is one book that is very worth having. And if you ever get the chance to see any of her art in person, go as it is above and beyond worth it.
on July 20, 2011
More than simple art, Akiane's perspective on life truly adds a dimension to her art work. More than art, many of her larger than life drawings have deep seeded meaning that go beyond any artist that I am familiar with.

Being an artist you gain not only a review of her art work up to this point in her life, but her poetry as well.

I am sure at some point in the future there will be a book written about her life story but alas it is too soon for that. Akiane's story is still being lived, and I look forward to following her as she makes the choice to continue to grow and share the insight she receives from sources beyond what might be able to receive.

On the surface you might suspect that she was brought up in a church - but actually coming from an atheist family and her visions occurring at such a young age one can only surmise that a creative imagination beyond most anyone or more likely divine revelation is at work here.

Decide for yourself, watch others who explore this book from your coffee table, the results can be enlightening and interesting.