Industrial Deals Rebound Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on October 24, 2015
I have to admit that I was very skeptical at first, about whether or not this child actually saw Jesus, or had any of the experiences she claims. I figured her parents must have influenced her, and "taught" her what to say. There are so many ridiculous stories out there, of people's alleged visits to Heaven, chats with Jesus, etc, that I usually just roll my eyes and dismiss them. However, I have adjusted my opinion, and do believe that Akiane's story may well be true. It rings of truth, and there is no other explanation for a child that young having that kind of talent and those sorts of insights and stories. She grew up in an atheist home, was homeschooled, so not exposed to religious beliefs, and had never used an art supply. She told her parents that she had met Jesus, and that Jesus taught her how to draw/paint. At only about 3 or 4 yrs old. She gave numerous details, and was able to paint these amazing images all of a sudden! Her parents were converted to Christianity, and Akiane has continued to stun others with her artwork...she drew and painted many of the images in the book at only 6 and 8 yrs of age! Totally amazing!
on December 25, 2017
Before one ever opens a page on this book ,if you have ever heard of this girl then you also realize that she is truly a modern day apostle of God.Anyone who has ever gazed at her art or read her poetry does not walk away untouched.I will be rereading and referencing this book for years to come.
on November 30, 2014
I had heard about this girl and her artistic talents. It's interesting to follow her progress from three yrs' old, into her pre-teens. Her paintings of Christ were remarkable. She claimed divine inspiration, and that provided her with views and symbolic images of Heaven. Much later, I read the book, "Heaven Is For Real",by Todd Burpo. its premise is that a three year old boy, son of a minister, nearly died on the operating table, and was taken up to Heaven. Among other things, his dad, several years later, was pushing him (gently) for an accurate picture of Jesus. No photo or image made the grade for the boy, until he was shown one of the paintings done by Akiane. According to the boy (as noted in the book) THAT was the only truly accurate picture of Jesus. I'm not an art critic, but I had to have a look at what was claimed to be the true face of Jesus. That's why I purchased Akiane's book. Two children, unknown to each other, both claiming to have visited Jesus in Heaven. Who could resist?
on May 27, 2017
Loved this book! What an awsome, incredible story...I was blown away by this girl and her abilities. First, her mom writes about her daughter and the rest of the book are some of the most beautiful works of art I've ever seen. The photos are absolutely stunning!
on November 29, 2016
Beautiful art that is all a gift from God. Akiane is a special young lady who was chosen by God to spread his message. So wonderful to have her share what Jesus truly looks like! Her paintings are so lifelike! I've been sharing this book with my grandchildren (all 8 teenagers)!
on September 11, 2014
Akiane's story is like reading a biography of a young Einstein. It is quite interesting to hear about her family and upbringing that led her to where she is today. Her experience of Jesus at a young age is an awesome testament to the God who sees—he saw what her family was going through and planned a pathway through which his grace and presence would enter their family. Her mother also peppers the tale with humor, which I enjoyed.

Her spiritual visions are probably best told through her paintings, and I am glad that the book didn't give undue focus to the experiences.

It was a quick read. Could not sleep with jet lag and I read almost the whole thing in a few hours overnight.

The poetry is dense however so I am still going through it and re-reading the parts that resonate.
on March 9, 2018
I enjoyed the rich symbolism of Akiane's extraordinary paintings and poetry. My agnostic wife is deeply impressed and moved by the extraordinary talent and spiritual depth of Akiane's work. It has certainly got her attention. The rich spiritual symbolism reminds me of the visions and works of Saint Hildegard of Bingen and inspired poetry of Saint John of the Cross.
on June 26, 2015
Words cannot express. Akiane is so gifted and her art has such deep meaning. This book also includes her amazing story. As much as I love this book, it does not even begin to show you how incredible her art is. I have met Akiane and seen her art. It is really not possible to see all of the detail in a book. I would not have believed what I just said had I not seen it in person and I almost did not go. It would be nice to have a book which shows her later art as this book only goes for so many years of her life. This is one book that is very worth having. And if you ever get the chance to see any of her art in person, go as it is above and beyond worth it.
on February 17, 2017
She is a beautiful, inspiring person. Her art from such a young age is amazing as well as her poetry. I looked into her further via the computer she is I believe in her early 20s now. You are shown other paintings of hers which are breathtaking. I passed the book onto my church library so others can enjoy her art. Wonderful book and person!
on October 11, 2016
Loved the book ! Her "bio" is fascinating ~ A truly GIFTED girl inspired by GOD. Her pictures are "breathtaking". Her poems are "abstract"~ hard for an "older person" to grasp.