Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Akribos XXIV Men's AK622SS Grandiose Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ingrid Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now

on June 5, 2014
I was unsure of how this watch would look because of it's size, there is NO problem. I am 6'1" and weigh about 220 and it looks just fine. The watch is heavier than any I have ever worn and at first I noticed the weight, however, after a day or two it seemed no different than any other watch I've worn.

I like the size of the face (with my eyes, I need the size) and the mother of pearl behind the small hands stand out all on their own. Something that was NOT mentioned I have come to really like. Whenever I would set my watches before, I would push in the adjustment knob and the minute hand would seem to move a few minutes forward or backward, with this Akribos XXIV, I set it to the exact time, pushed in the knob AND THE MINUTE HAND DIDN'T MOVE! YEAH! I have only had to adjust the time once since I got it and she's kept great time since.

I have noticed associates and clients looking at my watch at meetings, some have commented positively on it's looks. This one is a Keeper.

Processing and delivery was right on time and the box it came in is even impressive. Don't be overly concerned with the size, it just makes it easier for other people to look at and enjoy while you wear it. Great product, Great company.
on February 3, 2014
Excellent Watch in all aspects. ..I have had many, from Bulovas to Longines & Movados! The style, weight & functionality is amazing. When I had links removed from my jeweler; he even commented on the watch...by saying this is a well put together watch!
on April 10, 2015
So far so good! Very unique and a attention getter. I am 6 feet 2 inches 220 lbs and I had to have two links removed. Fits perfect now. Jeweler said "Nice watch." Other reviews are accurate about face size (big). Very professionaly packaged. Had it on with corduroy blazer and jeans and got several positive comments.
on May 5, 2015
I'm sad that I'll be returning this watch... The best way to describe this watch is that they combined two watches to make it. The first part being the face/case is gorgeous, and feels very well made. The second part, and reason I am returning is as if they took the band from $10 costume jewelry. I'm sure most of you have been at a department store where they have tons of cheap watches out front. You find an amazing looking one and once you pick it up you swear it's almost as if the steel looking band is plastic.

So here's the deal breaker for me. The watch band rattles with a very hollow tinging type sound. Almost like when you're stirring tea with a spoon and the spoon hits the sides, just not quite as high pitched. It sounds exactly like a $10 costume jewelry watch. I'm incredibly disappointed as I LOVE the look of it, but I just can't stand the sound. The only ways I can think of to get rid of the sound would be to either size it so tight that it cuts off circulation, or wear earplugs (Technically I don't think the latter actually would be getting rid of the sound).

The other minor negative is the length the adjustment knob sticks out. For such a large watch it's silly, and painful, to have the knob stick out that far. That look should be reserved for smaller diameter watches. Whilst wearing it I put my hands down to help myself get up when standing, and it drove into the upper part of my hand. Ouch... That I could live with if it didn't sound like an incredibly cheap watch.

I get the whole you get what you pay for, but even if they were willing to completely refund my money and let me keep the watch it would end up just collecting dust. That or sit on my desk making me sad that I won't wear such a beautiful watch. For reference, I have a Nixon ($200) and a Kenneth Kole ($100) and neither sound anything like this. I'm not a watch snob, and I can't afford to buy the higher end stuff, but for $90 the stainless steel band could be made a bit better. I don't think steel is too spendy these days ya?

Wanting a second opinion in case I was being to nitpicky, I took it over to show girlfriend. She thought it was very attractive when she saw it, then when I rattled my wrist to ask her what she thought, she responded "well that's annoying".

Lots of good reviews on this, and that is why I bought it. So in closing, if you can deal with the incessant cheap rattle it's a stunning watch. Or if you're willing to find a band to replace the original (assuming you could find one that fit well) it could very well be worth it. It looks so good I'm half tempted to do the latter, think I'll just look for another while this one is in transit back.
on April 22, 2014
Excellent Watch in all aspects. Definitely worth the price- looks great with and formal wear. Definitely will look out for more deals from this brand...
on April 29, 2015
When I opened this watch from the box, it had that "wow" factor. Unfortunately, after only 5 days of wearing it, the watch face (inside the crystal) is beginning to develop spots. They look quite a bit like water stains however I never take my watches near water. It's really a shame because the aesthetics of the watch are awesome. I expect more from a $100 watch.
on January 14, 2015
This is one of the Best watches I ever purchased. Received several compliments about the look and style. Also purchased the Gold one of the same style off another website, but this Silver S/S one is much cheaper on Amazon.
on December 23, 2014
I have been wearing this for almost half a year now and has been serving me well. It's dial is huge and easy to read, solid stainless steel, date window, and luminous hands. Its modern layout also conveys I am a man with good taste. It is accurate with its Japanese movement. This will be my time keeper until I find a better one which, I doubt will happen any time soon.
*Update*
I no longer like this as much after 2 years of wear. It's the name,"Akribos" on the dial that has been bothering me. It is Japan made yet it's got a Swiss name displayed on the dial. I wish the movement were Swiss to match the brand spelled out on the dial? Or a Japanese name to match the movement. This inconsistency alone is what has compromised my satisfaction with it.
on May 7, 2015
What a wonderful surprise from my wife! I love this watch!! Thank you babe for getting me an expensive looking watch at a great price!!! I get compliments every where I go and I secretly know that it didn't cost a fortune!!! WIN WIN!!
on January 18, 2015
The watch is attractive, but it says Grandiose for a reason. It's sort of big and heavy. The packaging was beautiful, but I noticed that my husband, who I bought it for, wears a cheap watch that I bought him last Christmas and leaves this in the box. He's a pretty big guy (6'2) but I have a feeling this watch may be too big for him to enjoy wearing it.

See 1 answered question