Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Akro-Mils RZJMEDI Medium Stack-A-Pot, 30-Quart
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

Size: 30-Quart|Change

VINE VOICEon June 19, 2012
After finally getting tired of shelling out money each week for pre-packaged herbs at the grocery store, I decided to grow my own. We're military, so we always live in rental homes, which means I can' just plant a raised herb garden in the back yard. This looked to be the perfect solution for a semi-temporary herb garden, and it has been.

We're getting ready to move again in a couple months, but I still cook with herbs almost every night. I'm only using two of the tiers right now, and the 6 herbs I have growing in it fit perfectly. The round base at the bottom makes turning this a cinch, as some plants need different amounts of sun.

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with this purchase. It's been so great being able to just walk out back and pick fresh herbs whenever I need them!
review image
0Comment| 154 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 6, 2010
I purchased this planter for strawberries. I was looking for a standard strawberry planter but when I found this one I liked it much better. It stacks conveniently when not in use and it is self watering which works much better than the standard strawberry planters that are difficult to water. I really love the way it looks on my deck!
0Comment| 150 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 2, 2010
...this is perfectly sized for a compact herb garden. I have plenty of yard space for a conventional garden but wanted to keep culinary herbs where they wouldn't be getting constantly spritzed with eau du tomcat. You might consider putting it on a pot dolly as it won't be very mobile once it's full of damp soil. I've been rotating it 90 degrees each morning to give all the plants equal exposure to the sun.

Edit 9/15/10: Instructions that are provided with the planter suggest stabilizing the stack with a dowel through the holes provided in the center of each module. After what happened to my herb garden last night, I suggest that if you experience overnight visits from raccoons that you substitute a length of 3/8 inch rebar for the dowel. Damp wood didn't provide much resistance to the lateral stresses of adult male 'coons looking for worms. I'll also be surrounding it and what's left of the succulent garden with a hot wire this weekend before replanting everything. Jeez what a mess.
44 comments| 197 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 5, 2009
Having limited space but wanting to grow a lot of herbs, I turned to this jumbo stack-a-pot. I had the smaller version before and didn't like the limited potting space but I really liked the stacking feature. It took a huge bag of potting soil to fill it but my herbs have plenty of space to spread out and they are doing great. The company was great to deal with also; the product was incomplete when it arrived and a quick e-mail brought the missing part in a short time.
0Comment| 155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2014
I purchased two of these kits so that I could create a Hydroponic system. I chose to stack two so that I only needed one small pump. I purchased the pump from Amazon as well. There is a 3 foot long 1/2" threaded pipe running up the center. I had to drill a hole up the center of all 6 containers, as well as in the base. I also built a lid for a large collection pot that is at the base to hold the water. I actually have a 5 gallon bucket hidden in the base to hold the water with fertilizer. The next step: Plant the plants in the Perlite.

Dimensions:
a SINGLE stack of three pots with its base is 18 1/2 inches
a DOUBLE stack of 6 pots (like the one in the video) is 36 1/4 inches
my custom base is 17 1/2 inches tall.
My entire system, from ground to top is 53 3/4 inches
review image review image
33 comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 27, 2015
Absolutely love this on my patio for my herbs! 9 perfectly sized areas for herbs (3 on each level). It takes a 10 lb bag of soil to fill. Can easily switch out levels to change for watering needs/sun needs. I set up drip irrigation to it and put it on a plant stand so it can drain (but you don't have to do that. I am lazy and don't like to water plants).
on June 28, 2011
My wife was looking for a strawberry planter for the part of the deck nearest the kitchen when I saw this well-reviewed Stack-A-Pot. Normally I do not like plastic and prefer pottery but it does have its limitations sometimes - not the least of which is finding items like this in pottery! But the item does look very good I think and certainly from a distance is hard to tell it is plastic. I appreciate this may not concern too many folks. Plus it is very light but it seems sturdy

My wife assembled it and didn't complain so it must have been easy! Or maybe I am not giving her full credit for her abilities.... It did take a fair amount of potting compound as mentioned elsewhere. Her one complaint is that when you water the top sections the water naturally finds its way to the bottom areas and it is easy to over-saturate them if the top two tiers are watered too aggresively. The strawberry idea went by he board and it was actually used for herbs and it does seem to be very efffective in that regard. We do seem to have a resident raccoon living in some woods on the border of our land but for whatever reason it does not seem to disturb the plants in the Stack-A-Pot
22 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 8, 2011
I have this pot configured with a 5 gallon bucket at the base. In the bucket is a air stone strip, and a pump. The pump has a 1/2" hose that goes through the lid, and all the way up the center of the deck of pots, to the top. At the top I have a 360 degree watering head from the sprinkler department. It trickles water in all three top level pots at one time. This is on a timer and waters the plants that are planted my Cocoa Peat, or what others refer to Cocoa Coir. This has made a very economical Hydroponic garden. The pump was $12, the hose was $2.87 for 10 feet, and the air stone strip came from Wally Mart, along with the air pump that drives it. It was very easy to assemble, and I can't wait to submit pictures, or video of it in operation.
To adjust the watering, the pump comes on for as long as it takes for nutrient to travel through each pot and start to accumulate in the base tray. It takes a fine tuning because the first time the pump runs, the Coca Coir will be dry ,and it will take longer to soak through all three pots. Even after the pots are soaked, if the weather gets hot, it may take more frequent watering You can get a more attractive start in Hydroponics, at a lower price. The number of plants depends on what you plant. You can plant way more radishes than pepper plants. You can plant a nice assortment of salad type plants, and get fresh salad all through the spring. In some parts of the country, even in the heat of summer, but no here in South Florida.
1818 comments| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 6, 2015
Absolutely love this pot. Great price, perfect arranging abilities. And a wonderful size. Assembly is a breeze. We are planning to buy more for our large back porch and yard.
on June 4, 2011
I am very happy with my purchase of the mini stack a pots, I had seen them before but, thought they were much larger. However they turned out to be the perfect size for my strawberries. I'm not so sure about hanging them, they seem to heavy for that, Although they look great flanking my steps. thank you.