Bubble Witch Saga 3 Check out Santa's new ride Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Cyber Monday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Echo Dot Cyber Monday Deals: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on December 19, 2016
Love this movie!
on May 11, 2017
Probably one of the best Disney cartoons ever made. The story is a lot of fun and Robin Williams as the genie is amazing, so hilarious! Lots of great songs. I watch this with my young daughter and she loves it too!
on July 20, 2017
I bought this for my boyfriend, as it's his favorite Disney movie and we'd been waiting ages for it to come out of the vault to "upgrade" him from a VHS copy to DVD or Blu-Ray. The combo pack has been excellent for when we're home with our blu-ray player or visiting family who only have DVD. The movie is just as wonderful as ever, and we're excited to have this in our collection.
on October 13, 2012
A few years ago I had bought a Fullmetal Alchemist product, The Conqueror of Shamballa (Limited Edition) (which I actually bought twice, for a total of about $50, because I lost the first, and thought all the extras were great). I mention that because the Aladdin gift set is similar - it includes a book, illustrations, and extras on the DVD's.

However, Aladdin's book has over twice the pages (though, the words are much larger, and most of the book is illustrations. The FMA book lists a bit about history and the world of the movie, which the Aladdin book doesn't, but the Aladdin book does talk about making the movie and the people involved)

Aladdin's gift set includes seven prints - signed sketches, and there's a lot of finished images in the book (the FMA product has ten fully colored prints and the book includes several pages of sketches). What makes Aladdin's prints more interesting, is that each one comes in a neat little paper frame, making them look so much more important. The sketches also seem special because the artists were asked to draw their character and in the medium of their choice, so if you know what to look for, you can see something about the artists' and characters' personalities. There's also Aladdin's "Senitype", a reproduced frame of the movie (which is quite cool).

There's a lot of extras on Aladdin's DVD's. FMA's and Aladdin's discs both have several commentaries, both have a 'the making of' video that shows quite a bit of stuff, and an image gallery (there's probably more to these in Aladdin's extras). Aladdin also has some deleted scenes and songs. I think the Aladdin gift set and the Two-Disc Platinum Edition both have the same DVD extras, so between the two products, what I've mentioned earlier is probably more important.

As for the movie itself, when directly comparing it to the two sequels (The Return of Jafar &Aladdin and the King of Thieves) and the TV series, the first movie looks different. The movie definitely uses colored lineart with some different line weights, while the lineart for the other movies seems to have the same line width and is probably black (though hard to tell for sure). I think the first movie is also the only one to have Carpet with this design, which is later simplified for the other movies and the series (it's mentioned in the extras that they used the computer to print Carpet's design because they couldn't draw that many details). Genie also has a glow to him that isn't in the other movies or the series. Instead of just being blue, he seems almost non-physical, like the puff of smoke he was designed to resemble. There's quite a few special effects in the movie (I usually prefer more traditional 2D stuff, but some of them work pretty well). I think this movie also paid a lot more attention to mood and emotion than the other movies and the series. It's mentioned that good guys wear blue, bad guys wear red (the theory of colors is based on some type of art, mentioned on the DVD), and the color scheme of a scene is based on the characters' feelings. A bit off topic, but something that has me slightly puzzled, Aladdin's personality changes after the first movie. He's much more clever in this movie than in the TV series.

The plot and enjoyability of the movie, I suppose depends on the person. I didn't really pay much attention to the movies when they came out, and though I watched some episodes of the series on TV, didn't think all that much about it until this year. But, there's something to be said when people's ideas of a genie are based on this movie, and when everyone knows the name Aladdin (though the movie isn't original, the things it's based on aren't that well known).
on February 2, 2016
This was always one of my favorites in High School. I watched it at least 150times. I love Robin Williams but have not been able to watch any of his movies recently. I decided that my little ones were missing out, so I bought this. It is as great as it was for me in High School. My little girls loved it and have asked to watch it again and again.
on October 5, 2017
I rarely watch fantasy movies, however, I loved Robin Williams and finally decided to buy the digital version to watch on line. I was not disappointed. The story is well known, however, Robin definitely adds his own Magic to this version and I thoroughly enjoyed the extra humor! Wonderful movie and happy I bought a copy!
on April 9, 2017
Still as great as the first time in theaters when I watched it as a six year old. And because I couldn't turn up the volume as a kid, it is just as "clean" as it was back then.
on July 4, 2017
I love Aladdin its one of the best movies Disney ever made,and deserves to be in the diamond collection. It's a Disney classic a must watch if you haven't seen it, and who hasn't seen Aladdin. Everyone always remembers the Disney movies they watched as a kid. Aladdin has always been one of my most favorites and I still love it.
on May 18, 2017
Very nice. Haven't watched it yet, just bought for my Disney collection. Can't wait for my son to be old enough to watch it with him.
on May 21, 2017
Awesome movie, awesome picture, amazing sound! No complaints here and i highly recommend this to any disney fan!