Hawaiian Alaea Sea Salt 5oz Pouch - Fine Grain
- Hawaiian Alaea Sea Salt begins with sea salt that is harvested from the Pacific waters using traditional methods of solar evaporation, allowing the salt crystals to form with the much desired trace minerals intact.
- The sea salt is then infused with Hawaiian volcanic clay called "alaea", which gives it an extraordinary red color. The alaea clay also adds nutritional value by providing a source of digestible dietary iron and other trace minerals.
JUST ADD SALT... | HAWAIIAN ALAEA SEA SALT BY SAN FRANCISCO SALT COMPANY
- INCREDIBLE FLAVOR: & VIBRANT COLOR: Red Alaea Hawaiian Salt’s beautiful red hue and unique flavor is the result of Hawaiian volcanic clay known as “alaea” added to pure Pacific Sea Salt.
- GRAIN SIZES: Alaea Hawaiian Salt is available in Fine and Coarse grains to suite your culinary needs:
Fine - Preferred choice for sprinkling on food/cooking
Coarse - For salt mills and salt grinders (available in bulk bag sizes)
*This salt does not supply iodide, a necessary nutrient.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to its natural harvesting process, this salt may arrive slightly damp because of moisture in the salts.
MEMORABLE MEALS - INCREDIBLE FLAVOR
- Traditional Alaea Hawaiian Red Sea Salt’s unique flavor is ideal for seasoning a variety of foods, especially when it comes to meat. It is widely used in Hawaii as a key seasoning for many native dishes including the kalua pig, poke, and Hawaiian jerky.
- Red Alaea Salt also goes well with pasta, stir-fry, poultry, eggs, seafood and grilled vegetables.
- Alaea Hawaiian Salt is also commonly used for preserving.
USE FOR: CULINARY | COOKING - SEASON TO PERFECTION
Use as a salt rub for meat or season grilled veggies to maximize flavor.
Season pastas, stir-frys and much more!
Sprinkle directly onto dishes as a flavorful finishing salt and garnish.