Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Alan Wake - Xbox 360” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 37% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
$ 77 $19.99 Save $2.22 (11%)
FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- From Remedy, the masters of cinematic action, comes a 3rd person action game filled with overwhelming odds
- Alan Wake is like a tightly paced thriller TV series, offering endless twists and cliffhangers, and building up to an epic conclusion.
- Light is your greatest weapon and only protection as dark¬ness takes over everything and everyone, and turns them against you.
- Episodic narrative
- Suspenseful and gripping storyline
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Alan Wake is a bestselling horror novelist who moved to the small town of Bright Falls, Washington after suffering from insomnia and depression. Wake is able to sleep again, but after he meets a mysterious woman, he begins to have terrible nightmares. As he puts these nightmares on paper for a new book, he soon notices that all the things that happen in his book are coming true right before his eyes.
Using cinematic effects and technology such as real-time lighting, shadows and reflections, you'll be treated to a game that is oozing with atmosphere and able to invoke an emotional response from the player. The realistic environment features real-time weather and light changes that effect the game play for a remarkably immersive experience.
Explore an Entire Town
The town of Bright Falls is 100 square kilometers, and players will be able to roam through this incredibly detailed area any way they like, roaming the town or wandering out to the lakes, forest, satellite towns, and more. The game gives the player goals, but how he chooses to go about completing them is up to him. Clues are scattered throughout the town, and solving mysteries will require players to pay close attention to the little details.
In addition to solving puzzles and exploration, the game also pushes players into serious action and combat; when night comes, creatures will take their best shots at Alan, and you'll have to be quick with strategy as well as weapons to beat them back.
Alan Wake presents an unusual and new gaming experience that features a riveting, multi-layered story while giving the player the ability to freely roam a giant environment. It supports Dolby Digital sound.
Top Customer Reviews
Author Alan Wake is trapped in a story that he doesn't remember writing and his wife's life is at stake. Armed with his trusty flashlight and an assortment of weapons, he must stave off the forces of darkness lurking throughout the town of Bright Falls while uncovering the clues to his own memory loss, his mysterious, new novel Departure and the location of his abducted spouse. And it all plays out as cinematically as any game has ever managed to do.
Penned by the deft hand of Sam Lake, there are definite echoes of Max Payne within this game--primarily the ongoing introspection and voice-over that narrates the story as it unfolds before the gamer. Otherwise, Alan Wake is a completely unique experience. Twists and turns in the plot manage to keep the story within grasp while introducing new and interesting tidbits throughout the game.
Game levels are scripted as 'episodes'--much as they were in Deadly Premonition--beginning with flashbacks of what has happened previously in the story/game. It gives the game a television-like vibe that brings to mind series like Lost and the X-Files--and is spoofed by the game itself with glimpses of a popular program (called Night Springs) that resembles the Twilight Zone on in-game televisions.Read more ›
- A Nice Cast of Characters - All of the characters in Alan Wake are interesting, including Wake himself.
- A Well Realized World - Whether you're in the Brightfalls Diner or roaming the Brightfalls dark and foggy woods at night, the world that Remedy has created for Alan Wake is oozing with atmosphere. Top notch.
- Excellent Voice Acting - Each character has a voice that matches their model perfectly. It all feels very natural, nothing feels forced.
- The Storyline - Unlike other games, in Alan Wake you're a writer whose going through marriage issues and other pretty awful things. Add to all of this the fact that your spooky stories have mixed with reality and you're in for one heck of a ride.
- Simple Gameplay With a Twist - Alan Wake is at its heart a third-person shooter, but it mixes light into the equation to make it go beyond the norm. Your flashlight, and other light sources around the environment, is a necessary tool if you want to survive this tale.
- Graphics - Nice lighting, nicely detailed environments, etc. It looks great.
- Some Minor Repetition - Most of the combat is the same, so it does become a little bit repetitious at times.
- Wonky Animations and Lip Sync - Some of the characters could've animated better during cutscenes.
Other than a few minor complaints, Alan Wake is easily one of my favorite games I've ever played. I highly recommend this one.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This was purchased as a gift and I'm sure will be well received.Published 4 months ago by Sherrill M. Meeks