Albinar 500mm f/8 Super Telephoto Mirror Lens for Sony Alpha / Minolta AF Cameras SLT A77 A65 A35 A55 A33 A580 A560 A390 A330 A230 A350 A300 A200 A290 A450 A500 A550 A380
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 500mm f/8 Studio Series Telephoto Mirror Lens
- Use with manual or automatic SLR & DSLR cameras
- Multi Coated low-dispersion glass, anti-reflection coating
- A Multi-coated low-dispersion glass capable of producing sharp, high definition images
- T-Mount Lens (T2-thread) with Sony Alpha / Minolta AF adapter
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
|Compatible Mountings||Sony Alpha|
|Maximum Focal Length||500|
|Minimum Focal Length||500 mm|
|Shipping Weight||1.2 pounds|
Brand NEW Studio Series 500mm f/8 Telephoto Mirror Lens
This Studio Series lens is computer-designed using a combination of lenticular light refraction and
reflection optics--the same physics used in many professional telescopes.
Combined with advanced manufacturing techniques, the result is a lens with very sharp picture
quality with less color abberation which is considered the most harmful factor in the field of
This lens is a highly complex, precision-made, optical instrument it is also compact and lightweight.
It is ideally suited for wildlife and sports photography. It has a fixed aperture of f8. It comes with
a soft pouch and three (3) rear mounted 30.5mm filters - ND2, ND4 and Skylight.
* Use with manual or automatic SLR & DSLR cameras
* A Multi-coated low-dispersion glass capable of producing sharp, high definition images
* Auto focus and infrared compatible
Sony Alpha / Minolta AF Mount Cameras
500 mm f/8 Telephoto Mirror Lens
Fixed Aperture: f/8
Weight: 360 grams
Filter Size Rear: 30.5mm
Filter Size Front: 72mm
* Mirror Lens
* Front and Rear Lens caps
* Storage Pouch
* Specifications and information sheet
* 30.5mm filters - ND2, ND4 and Skylight
* T-Sony Alpha / Minolta AF mount adapter
Read about our customers' top-rated lenses and cameras on our review pages: Lenses, Digital SLR Cameras, Compact System Cameras
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The best focus obtainable with this lens, even at long range (1 mile), after running carefully through a fine-focus series, is still very blurry. I compared it to my home made mirror telephoto lens, which gives crisp, nearly diffraction limited image quality. Even when I modified the 500mm f/8 lens to operate at f/11, the improvement was not worth the effort. Since I cannot return it (because of modifications) I will try to find some way to use it - - maybe as part of a holiday ornament. I am a retired physicist with considerable optical skills.
Great potential, but so soft it was unusable. Honestly I have a Tamron 18-270mm, and using this and cropping to the same size gives me a superior result..... This lens is manual everything, and image stabilisation does not have much effect, even on a monopod.......
Sorry.... Spend the extra on a real lens