Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Alejandro Duarte
Currently working for Vaadin Ltd, Alejandro started to code at age 13 using Basic, C, and C++. He graduated in Computer Science from the National University of Colombia and moved to the UK and later to Finland to continue his career in Software Development.
When not writing code, Alejandro splits his free time between his passion for the electric guitar and the photography world. You can contact him through his technical blog at https://www.programmingbrain.com and follow him on Twitter @alejandro_du.
This book teaches you everything you need to know to create stunning Vaadin applications for all your web development needs. Deep dive into advanced Vaadin concepts while creating your very own sample Vaadin application.
- A one-stop book to enhance your working knowledge with Vaadin.
- Explore and implement the architecture of Vaadin applications.
- Delve into advanced topics such as data binding, authentication and authorization to improvise your application’s performance.
Vaadin is an open-source Java framework used to build modern user interfaces. Vaadin 8 simplifies application development and improves user experience. The book begins with an overview of the architecture of Vaadin applications and the way you can organize your code in modules.Then it moves to the more advanced topics about advanced topics such as internationalization, authentication, authorization, and database connectivity. The book also teaches you how to implement CRUD views, how to generate printable reports, and how to manage data with lazy loading.
By the end of this book you will be able to architect, implement, and deploy stunning Vaadin applications, and have the knowledge to master web development with Vaadin.
What you will learn
- Modularize your Vaadin applications with Maven
- Create high quality custom components
- Implement robust and secure authentication and authorization mechanisms
- Connect to SQL databases efficiently
- Design robust CRUD (Create, Read, Update, Delete) views
- Generate stunning reports
- Improve resource consumption by using lazy loading
Who this book is for
If you area Software developer with previous experience with Vaadin and would like to gain more comprehensive and advanced skills in Vaadin web development, then this book is for you.
Table of Contents
- Creating new Vaadin projects
- Modularization and main screens
- Implementing server-side components with internationalization
- Implementing authentication and authorization
- Connecting to SQL databases using JDBC
- Connecting to SQL Databases using ORM Frameworks
- Implementing CRUD User Interfaces
- Adding Reporting Capabilities
- Lazy Loading
Vaadin 7 UI Design By Example: Beginner’s Guide is an engaging guide that will teach you how to develop web applications in minutes. With this book, you will Develop useful applications and learn basics of Java web development. By the end of the book you will be able to build Java web applications that look fantastic.
The book begins with simple examples using the most common Vaadin UI components and quickly move towards more complex applications as components are introduced chapter-by-chapter.
Vaadin 7 UI Design By Example: Beginner’s Guide shows you how to use Eclipse, Netbeans, and Maven to create Vaadin projects. It then demonstrates how to use labels, text fields, buttons, and other input components. Once you get a grasp of the basic usage of Vaadin, the book explains Vaadin theory to prepare you for the rest of the trip that will enhance your knowledge of Vaadin UI components and customization techniques.
This book is a hands-on Beginner’s Guide for developers who are new to Vaadin and/or Vaadin UI components. The book will teach readers through examples to use each of the exciting components to build and add various aspects of the user interface to their web apps.
Who this book is for