Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,240 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,335 reviews
on December 11, 2013
I hate writing bad reviews but .....this robe is comfy and soft, but it sheds and the sizes are waaaay off. I am an average girl, 5'6", 140 lbs and the small/med was too small, especially the sleeves.
0Comment| 110 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 18, 2015
This is the most lightweight, warmest, softest robe I have ever owned. The nap is long, rather shaggy, so don't buy this if you want glamour. But if you like to turn the heat down, or if you just chill easily, like me, get this robe in a larger size so you can wear it over your clothes without feeling that annoying binding under your arms and across your shoulders.

The sizing changed from 3 years ago. The 3-4X is absolutely HUGE. Maybe the 3-4X robe I bought before had the wrong size tags sewn in. I don't know. I bought one, then bought 2 more as gifts back then. When I bought the same size this time, 3-4X, I just swim in it, and I'm 205 LBS, 5'8." Take your measurements, and those of the robe you want to replace to ensure that you get close to the size you want. Then BUY THIS ROBE! *smile*

Now be aware that because this robe IS long napped, and not as dense as a more closely-woven fabric, which is what makes it so lightweight, the nap will pack down in the elbows and seat after a few months. This will not affect it's warmth or, hopefully, your love of it.

I can tell you a...um...trick to double the lifespan, if you don't drop $50 on a robe every year. I'm a penny pincher, and I make things last when possible, so when this robe became too matted for my comfort, I turned it inside out and wore it another winter. Yes, it looked really bad. No, no one was around to be horrified by it's appearance. But let me tell you, buddy- I was still WARM. Ahhhhh. LOL!

If you do reverse it, cut an opening for each pocket. Also cut slits for the sash by the belt loops, then pull the loops through the slits that you cut. Cut right next to the side seam, not on the seam. The fabric does not unravel, and you will still be able to enjoy those great roomy pockets. The belt will not fall on the floor because you forgot that the loops were on the inside. (Ask me how I know that ;) )

Buy the robe, you guys. It is lovely.
on November 22, 2016
Was concerned about ordering this due to some of the reviews. I typically order one size large in sleep ware for comfort and I did so here. This bathrobe was HUGE but I keep it anyway. Definitely not glamorous as others have said but very warm and soft. I was concerned about laundering it due to the reviews but I followed manufacturing instructions and washed in cold water delicate cycle and delicate drying temperature and had no problems it came out like new, I expected a ton of lint in the filter but had minimal. I look like a hibernating bear in it but its very functional so overall I am happy with it. So if you want it for looks skip it if you want it for warmth get it.
on December 2, 2015
Alot larger than expected, it feels like I'm swimming in the robe but I am 5"3 and about 103 lbs. Very warm, soft and comfy though. After a year of use and washing, the material is still as soft as when I first got it. Good quality. Great blanket alternative when its cold!
on March 24, 2015
Pros: Very thick, soft, warm, cozy material. Rich, beautiful color, consistent with what I expected.

Cons: Discovered hole in seam after two days of light wear, and another hole a day later, and then yet another hole... The fabric is such that it disintegrates and doesn't hold a stitch at all. I should not have multiple holes in my brand new robe after four days of ownership.

Will be returning. Very disappointed.

On a more comic note, my cats absolutely love the soft, snuggly material.
review image
on October 27, 2014
When I first received this robe, I thought it was wonderful - fuzzy warm goodness. Dust, hair, household fluff would catch on it though, so it needed to be washed. However, after washing it about 3 times, it's pilled up completely, not fuzzy at all, not soft - looks and feels absolutely terrible.

I still wear the damn thing though, because it cost a bit, and I threw my old plush robe away when I got this one. To my regret, as my old plush robe was still sleekly fluffy after hundreds of washings over the years.

DO NOT GET THIS ROBE. Honest, there are fleece robes out there that will last more than a month or two before looking decades old.
on November 24, 2015
I bought this for the winter months. We finally had a couple of colder days where I could actually put it on. It is very warm. I washed it first and was expecting a lint trap full of green fuzz but was pleasantly surprised that there was very little cast off. It is also cat approved and if I leave it draped over the foot board I will come back to find that she has pulled it over to make a nest. Thankfully I got it 2 sizes larger than I actually wear so there is enough for both of us. I also like that it has patch pockets.
on February 3, 2016
The robe was amazing and "SO SOFT" felt like heaven. I had purchased the robe upon reading other reviews and all that I read was 100% true.
I am 5'5 and I ordered the large as I like my robes "big" and it fit just as I would want it to. I would say that it may be true to size if you
want your robe to fit just right. The "SAD" part of my whole experience was after having robe on I noticed they "NEVER" sent
the robe belt and I went from heaven to hell and now I have to return it. How can a company forget to pack the most important
thing the "belt" to tie it closed. For not this issue the robe is "AMAZING".
on December 12, 2013
I was very disappointed in this robe made from cheap material (which sheds) and is too skimpily cut to close in the lower front. It will be returned.
on October 19, 2015
It is very rare for me to leave such negative reviews, but I cannot understand how this robe is so popular. Received it today, looked a bit bulkier than I expected. But I was excited to wear it. So I washed it according to the instructions, and now I have it on. It's ITCHY. Some areas are lovely and soft, and other areas have itchy/rough patches. How on earth is it possible that hundreds and hundreds of people gave this robe a positive review? It is making me wonder if Amazon is allowing sellers to entice people to give positive reviews, or if this site is flooded with fake reviews. Either I received a defective robe, or hundreds and hundreds of people love itchy robes.
And since I already washed it and threw away the packaging, I suppose I just lost $50.
I'm so upset with this one. I really wanted a lovely, warm purple robe.
I guess I can't trust amazon reviews anymore.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.