- Save 5% on Ivation Wireless Remote BBQ Meat Thermometer when you purchase $4.00 or more of Ivation Wireless Remote BBQ Meat Thermometer offered by DBROTH. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 5% on Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker w/ FM Radio & LCD Display when you purchase $4.00 or more of Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker w/ FM Radio & LCD Display offered by DBROTH. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $7.69 shipping
Alfa AWUS036H 1000mW 1W 802.11b/g USB Wireless WiFi network Adapter with 5dBi Antenna and Suction cup Window Mount dock - for Wardriving & Range Extension
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 1000mW of power which is more powerful than any other WiFi adapter on the market - includes a 5dBi antenna for better reception
- Very Secure with 64/128/256bit WEP Encryption, TKIP, WPA,WPA2, 802.11i
- Includes driver for Windows 2000, XP 32/64, Vista 32/64, Windows 7, Linux (2.4.x/2.6.x), Mac (MacOS 10.3 - 10.5) For MAC OS 10.6.7 and later version, we suggest AWUS036NHR, AWUS036NH, AWUS036NEH, AWUS051NH.
- The Mount design to easily clinging on Notebook, Netbook and Window.
- Supports Windows, Macintosh, and Linux Now works with Windows 7 just ask us for the Link
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Alfa AWUS036H 1000mW 1W 802.11b/g USB Wireless WiFi network Adapter with 5dBi Antenna and Suction cup Window Mount dock - for Wardriving & Range Extension
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Item Dimensions||5.2 x 7.32 x 1.5 in||1 x 0.4 x 3.7 in||7 x 8.8 x 2.5 in||6.3 x 2.2 x 8.5 in|
The Alfa AWUS036H is the latest version of the most powerful card available. This has a stunning 1000mW output power. So if you are looking for a device to connect to an outdoor 2.4 GHz antenna, such as on a boat or an RV, this is a perfect solution. It outperforms wireless cards that are built in to newer laptops. Adding this to your laptop or desktop computer will enhance range and signal quality at longer distances. And works with Win98SE/200/ME/XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Linux (kernel 2.6.6 and later) and Macintosh (OS version 10.4). And the necessary drivers for ALL of these operating systems are included on CD-ROM
* Connects at a full 54Mbps via USB 2.0, up to 8 times faster than a USB 1.1 adapter
* High gain upgradeable
* Compact size for greater flexibility
* Also compatible with USB 1.1 desktop and notebook computers
* Plug-and-Play Compatible with windows 98SE, 2000, Millennium, XP and Linux
* High security 64/128/256bit WEP Encryption, TKIP, WPA, 802.11
Data Rate 802.11b: UP to 11Mbps, 802.11g: 54Mbps
Antenna Type 1 x 2.4Ghz SMA connector
Chipset Realtek 8187L
Output Power 24dBm (OFDM), 30dBm(CCK)
Frequency Stability within +25 ppm
Data Modulation Type BPSK,QPSK, CCK and OFDM
Security WEP 64/128, 802.1X support, Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), WPA-PSK ,WPA II .
Dimensions 8.5 x 2.2 x 6.3cm
For MAC OS 10.6.7 and later version, we suggest AWUS036NHR, AWUS036NH, WUS036NEH, AWUS051NH. Not Compatible with Windows 8.1
Top Customer Reviews
If you just want a good adapter that has great range because the laptop won't connect farther than 100 feet, this is it.
You want to packet inject on your test network, this is the one that started it all.
Just want a decent all around adapter that works and you can depend on it when you want WiFi (from MacDonalds 3/4 of a mile away), this one won't fail you.
BTW the 'Maybe' in the title is if they can get the new Alfa AC drivers to packet inject then we would try that out..
I searched NewEgg, Circuit City, Radio Shack, Best Buy and Amazon. It seemed the greatest volume of reviews and the best reviews was for this unit. So I purchased the unit with the 5dbi antenna and the suction cup mount. It worked great! I thought I might need to sit in the back yard of the house I rent to get a signal even with the new antenna, but no I was able to sit in the kitchen at the table and get a good signal. I mounted the antenna to the window of the kitchen door and added a 15 foot USB extension cable to the antenna and I was able to move from the kitchen to the living room and check my email and web sites.
I highly recommended this Alfe unit.
Follow up, and downgrade to 4 stars:
I bought a second one for a Win7 laptop. It works fantastic, and the software gives some great metrics. The only problem was installing the software. I followed the easy install guide, but did not get what they showed as the DVD ran. In fact, it never gave me the option to choose the model sent. Eventually, it told me to plug in and it would auto-install. This also failed. I opened the DVD in file manager, found the proper folder for my Windows version and the adapter, and installed that way. With this done it was all good.
No reply to my inquiry a day later. I read what others have done. I disabled my internal wifi, I tried to download the software from the website but was only able to get one of the 2 I needed. It did not help. Giving up.
Still no reply.
The card was cycling on and off right out of the box.
What I did is just substituted the USB cable with another one that I had at home, the one that has a thing plastic thing around it closer to one end. It's probably from my Nikon camera, but I am not sure.
Here is common the solution below:
"High power requirements of Realtek RTL8187L chipset, found in the ALFA AWUS036H USB wireless adapter, can cause ”on and off cycling” and/or dropping of connections and performance issues (see details below). We have two solutions:
1. POWERED 4-port USB 2.0 hub with an AC adapter
2. USB cable with two A-male connectors: This resolves some power issues for Alfa AWUS036H
3. USB Cable Extender over CAT5/6 cable (up to 60-meters) with power supply (sold separately)
DETAIL: The Realtek RTL8187L chipset, found in the ALFA AWUS036H USB wireless adapter, is quite power hungry. That is, it draws much more than 500ma when operating. USB controllers are rated for 500ma per port and most will shut down the port when the load exceeds ~550ma. This causes a constant “on and off” cycling of the device in some cases. The fix is simple… Purchase a POWERED 4-port USB 2.0 hub… one with an AC adapter to provide external power. The AC adapter is rated to provide 2000ma of power to drive 4 ports @ 500ma each, but will supply a single port with up to 2000ma…. more than enough power to satisfy the Realtek chipset. This has resolved the problems of performance and signal dropping for our customers."