Other Sellers on Amazon
Alfa AWUS036NH 2000mW 2W 802.11g/n High Gain USB Wireless G / N Long-Range WiFi Network Adapter with 5dBi Screw-On Swivel Rubber Antenna and 7dBi Panel Antenna and Suction cup / Clip Window Mount
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 802.11b/g and "N", 2000mW of power which is more powerful than ANY other WiFi adapter on the market
- Includes a 4inch 5dBi Screw-On Swivel Rubber Antenna and 7DdBi Panel antenna
- Very Secure with wireless data encryption with 64/128-bit WEP, WPA, WPA2, TKIP,and AES
- Compatible with IEEE 802.11n, 802.11b/g/n wireless standards
- Supports driver for Windows 2000, XP 32/64, Vista 32/64, Windows 7, Linux (2.4.x/2.6.x),and Mac (10.4.x/10.5.x)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
You asked for STRONGER WiFi and Extended Range and here it is. This is an ALFA 802.11g wireless USB adapter. Includes a 5dBi Rubber Duck Antenna. The adapter comes with an RP-SMA antenna connector so that you can add an external antenna to boost your wireless range and signal. And to make things better we are including a dBi gain rubber duck antenna in the sale (comes with the adapter in the retail box).
This has a stunning 2000mw output power. So if you are looking for a device to connect to an outdoor 2.4 GHz antenna, such as on a boat or an RV, this is a perfect solution. Because this is a USB adapter, it works on any computer that has a USB port. this also works with Windows Vista, Linux (kernel 2.6.6 and later) and Macintosh (OS version 10.4)
It is perfect to travel with and weighing less than 2 ounces and measuring 3.5 x 2.5 inches in size (8.5 x 6.3cm)
* Wi-Fi Certified
* Diagnostic LED indicator
* 2.4GHz frequency band, MIMO (Multiple Input Multiple Output)
* High speed transfer TX data rate up to 150 Mbps
* Contains RP-SMA external antenna jack
* High powered adapter- 1000mw output power
* Compliant with FCC Part 15.247 for US, ETS 300 328 for Europe
Important Driver Installation:
If you get an error while Installing the Drivers press OK, then Exit. Then do the following:
Right-click on your CD Drive and select Explore
For Windows, double-Click on the application file in this folder (the file name atarts with "IS_AP_STA_RT2870......) then follow the installation instructions.
For Mac and Linux open their folder and then run the application.
Or you can got to the manufactures website, then click on "Support" and on the left side click on "Divers" and download.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My only purpose for this product is to use as a promnicuous wifi adapter for kali linux. It took some extensive searching to find exactly how to set it up for my computer. I would like to include instructions on how to set it up, but it differs for every computer.
I would recommend the adapter for anyone interested in network pen testing or for any programmer/hacker.
This product which I purchased from DBRoth is 100% a counterfeit. I purchased this item to use with Kali and was having multiple issues with it. I finally said screw it and decided to take it apart and found the issue. The original AWUS036NH has the Ralink RT3070 chip inside and this counterfeit one has the Ralink RT3070L. Other information on the board also does not match up with FCC photos from the original.
1. THIS IS NOT PLUG ‘N PLAY. Do not plug this in until you have installed the appropriate drivers FIRST. I made this mistake and found I couldn’t get the item to work even after downloading and installing the correct drivers. I eventually had to do a restore point to start over…which brings me to my next point
2. CREATE A RESTOREPOINT FIRST. I made mistakes installing the wrong drivers and found uninstalling through conventional means was not enough. You need to have a restore point you can fall back on if you need to start over.
3. INSTALL THE LATEST DRIVERS. If you have the latest operating system installed, assume the drivers on the disk are out dated. Don’t use the install disk. Instead, download and install the latest drivers. Windows 10 drivers DO exist. As of this writing the latest Windows 10 driver I found was dated 10/28/2015 by Media Tek version 22.214.171.124. Drivers are on the Alfa website but can be hard to find. On the Alfa download page enter the model number as the keyword and the secure code shown then click download. It is not necessary to complete the Product Category, Product Model, and Type of File to find the drivers you need.
4. PLUG IT IN.
Both antennas were tried out. The 5dBi vertical achieved a consistent 4 of 5 bars signal strength with 50-60mbps throughput. The 7dBi panel array achieved a solid 5 bars and 72-90mbps into a USB2.0 powered port. I suspect that the throughput would be better with a USB3, but my old PC does not have that. Using an old D-Link DIR-825 WiFi router attached to the PC's ethernet network card (and bridged to the Alfa adapter) I have also created a WiFi hotspot that serves any wireless device out in the shop, or back yard and pool area. Perfect!
A matter of note. I connected the Alfa's output to a GY561 digital RF power meter and measured an output of 493mw from it. This is the power that feeds the antenna. While there may some mechanism to boost the output (like some routers with custom firmware), a half watt is it. This is still sufficient to get where most people need to go and with some custom antenna arrays such as yagi's may see sufficient gains to get a lot further than 500'. But for general extension at my distance I cannot complain a bit. Just an issue with them advertising 2W of output...
Purchased as an add-on for pen-testing laptop and couldn't be happier. I've seen that the range is slightly better with the monopole antenna than the panel, but further testing is needed there I think. The mount is perfectly shaped for the adapter, and the clip holds securely on laptop screen edges.
Most recent customer reviews
Weird thing though, I pick up more signals on my Mac booted into El Capitan than the same Mac booted into...Read more