Alfa AWUS036NHR - High-Gain 2000mw 2W 802.11 B/G/N Wireless USB Network Adaptor - Wireless-N 802.11n Wi-Fi - 150Mbps - 2.4 GHz - 5dBi Antenna - Long Range - Realtek Chipset - Strongest on the Market - NEWEST VERSION
|Price:||$19.62 + $20.81 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Includes a convenient Utility for scanning available networks and saving preferred networks that users usually connected with
- Compatible with IEEE 802.11b, 802.11b and 802.11bn wireless standards
- Includes a 4-inch 5 DdBi Screw-On Swivel Rubber Antenna that can be removed and upgrade up to a 9dBi antenna
- Includes driver for Windows 2000, XP 32/64, Vista 32/64, Windows 7 - Mac (10.4.x/10.5.x/10.6.x) Power PC& PC
- High security Wireless data encryption with 64/128-bit WEP, WPA, WPA2, TKIP, AES4n, 802.1X support, WPA-PSK, WPA II-PSK, Cisco CCX support, WAPI-PSK, WAPI-CERT
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
2000mW 2W 802.11 G / N High-Gain USB Wireless Long-Rang WiFi Network Adapter With Original Alfa Screw On Swivel 9dBi Rubber Antenna and Suction cup Window Mount dock
Alfa Long-Range Dual-Band AC1200 Wireless USB 3.0 Wi-Fi Adapter w/2x 5dBi External Antennas – 2.4GHz 300Mbps/5GHz 867Mbps – 802.11ac & A, B, G, N
ALFA AWUS036NEH Long Range WIRELESS 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi USBAdapter
TP-Link N150 Wireless High Gain USB Adapter (TL-WN722N), Version 2.0
Panda 300Mbps Wireless N USB Adapter - Windows Vista/7/8/8.1/10, Mint, Ubuntu, Fedora, openSUSE, CentOS, Lubuntu, Zorin, Kali Linux and Raspbian Wheezy
|Shipping||$20.81||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||EURO DK LTD||DBROTH||Top123Edge||Value Right Deals||Amazon.com||Panther One|
|Item Dimensions||5.31 x 7.48 x 1.38 in||8.43 x 10.16 x 3.07 in||5.4 x 5.6 x 2.4 in||5.3 x 7.5 x 1.4 in||1 x 0.4 x 3.7 in||3.9 x 5.5 x 0.7 in|
This is the long awaited successor to Alfa's popular AWUS036H. The AWUS036NHR utilizes a new 802.11n chipset from Realtek (RTL8188RU) and is light years ahead of its predecessor. Alfa's AWUS036NHR combines the fast speed of 802.11n with long range reception for both 802.11g and 802.11n standards. This Device is the best Alfa has Produced yet.
If you’re built-in Wi-Fi adapter is not picking up your Router or if you are trying to pick up Wi-Fi from long distances then this is the device to get! The AWUS036NH Receiver sensitivity will allow you to connect from greater distances and get stronger signals to Wi-Fi networks around you. With maximum speeds of 150 mbps to 802.11n routers, AWUS036NHR is also a perfect solution for video streaming, large downloads, and online gaming. Windows 7 users can easily turn AWUS036NHR into a simultaneous access point using Connectify, a free program
Most Network Adaptors can get great Range and sensitivity when the router that they are receiving form is set to "N-only" mode which blocks backward compatibility with B and G adaptors but most people are not able to set the router to N-only mode as this would block connectivity for G-only devices like iPhones, Android phones, and many DVRs. This AWUS036NHR is one of the first Wi-Fi adapters to get very good receive sensitivity to both 802.11n-only, 802.11n/g mixed, and 802.11g networks
- Compatible with IEEE 802.11n, 802.11b/g/n wireless standards
- 2.4GHz frequency band, MIMO (Multiple Input Multiple Output)
- Complies with Universal Serial Bus Rev. 2.0 specifications
- High speed transfer TX data rate up to 150 Mbps
- Supports wireless data encryption with 64/128-bit WEP, WPA, WPA2, TKIP, AES4n
- Support software AP
- Compliant with FCC Part 15.247 for US, ETS 300 328 for Europe
- Supports driver for Windows 2000, XP 32/64, Vista 32/64, Windows 7 - Mac (10.4.x/10.5.x/10.6.x) Power PC& PC.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
So for the linux experience it was a bit better, at first my version of kali which I downloaded in june didn't work out of the box with this adapter, I also tried to install the driver that I downloaded online only to get the compile error #2. This issue was later fixed by grabbing and installing updated linux-headers as well as doing an apt-get update on the whole system, only then would the driver fully install and work. I have 0 issues using this in linux now vs windows, didn't take quite as much configuration as windows did besides the update and packages.
The support for this product really lacks whenever I called support it would go to Voice mail box, and I also emailed them my initial problem quite sometime ago, heck I even messaged them 3 different times with different email addresses and still haven't received any response.
So if you buy this product please have somewhat of a solid foundation in fixing computer related things yourself. Understanding how wireless works will also help you quite a bit.
I really would hate to go through an RMA process with this company since it seems like their support is quite flaky and unresponsive.
product is stronger and better than the linksys usb wifi adapter i bought 3 years ago for $60 their now selling it for $40...
stronger and better but still have to use techniques of using wifi dishes such as large cans ...aluminum foil or other such wifi boosting tactics...came with a 5 dbi antenna...went to my local electronics store to buy a bigger one ...it would not attach...
eny upgrades would have to be specifically made for this product...must be compatable...
i went to the library to use it now im having problems...i restarted the computer...still adapter is on disabled mode...
going back home to see if its just the library or if i have to reload the software c-d...
cant wait to see how well this product operates with upgrades like a 10 dbi antenna or other
this is part 2 of my review...
i remember now...the power was cut off and the computer did not shut down properly..saving its settings ..maybe this is why i'm having problems heir at the library using this adaptor...
if this is the case then i would have to delete the program and reload the c-d program...
This adapter speeds up computers (especially laptops) by 1) upgrading to class-N WiFi (802.11n) and 2) by amplifying the WiFi signal. The end result is more networks to connect to and faster speed than the built-in WiFi.
On my Toshiba laptop, without CD drive, I had to copy the CD to a flash drive.
1. Then I double-clicked on autorun.exe (not setup.exe as indicated in the instructions). This does invoke setup.exe, but I couldn't locate the exact setup.exe file and found that autorun.exe works just as well.
2. The last step (#6) did not work correctly for me. It looks like they forgot to have you install the device driver, but I remembered how they did things in the earliest Alfa. Here's what I did . . .
3. Right-Click on Computer and select Manage.
4. Left-Click on Device Manager.
5. Right-Click on the Network Adapter item with an exclamation point (Realtek RLT8188RU) and select "Update Driver Software".
6. Select "Browse my computer for driver software".
7. Left-Click on the BROWSE button and navigate to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Realtek\11n USB Wireless LAN Utility.
8. Left Click on NEXT and the driver should install properly.
9. Once done, refer back to Step 6, and double-click on the "REALTEK 11n USB Wireless LAN Utility" icon on your desktop. Now select the "Available Network" tab. This is where you select the WiFi network you want to log into.
10. Finally, click on the HOME tab (on the left) to view the signal strength & quality. At this point, you are online and can view the "Internet Access" icon on the taskbar (bottom right).
I am so pleased that I purchased this adapter. Alfa has hit a home-run with this latest version. It's a dramatic update with new chip set and improved instructions. Also, it includes install instructions on the back of the Quick-Start Guide for MAC OS.
Also, there is a full User Manual on the CD (which I haven't looked at yet) and this should be consulted for either Windows or Macintosh. This product also installs for Linux.