- Save 5% on Ivation Wireless Remote BBQ Meat Thermometer when you purchase $4.00 or more of Ivation Wireless Remote BBQ Meat Thermometer offered by DBROTH. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 5% on Bluetooth 4.0 Speaker w/ FM Radio & LCD Display when you purchase $4.00 or more of Qualifying Items offered by DBROTH. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Alfa AWUS051NH 500mW High Gain 802.11a/b/g/n high power Wireless USB A / B / G / N Wireless WiFi Network adapter With a 5dBi and 9dBi Rubber Antenna and Suction cup / Clip Window Mount - High speed Up to 300 Mbps - With Hot Swap Support
|Price:||$49.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compatible with IEEE 802.11n draft 3.0, 802.11a/b/g wireless standards
- 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz frequency band, MIMO (Multiple Input Multiple Output)
- High speed transfer RX data rate up to 300 Mbps
- Supports wireless data encryption with 64/128-bit WEP, WPA, WPA2, TKIP, AES
- Supports driver for Windows 2000, XP 32/64, Vista 32/64 and Windows 7 - Linux (2.4.x/2.6.x), Mac (10.4.x/10.5.x) Power PC& PC.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Compare to similar items
This item Alfa AWUS051NH 500mW High Gain 802.11a/b/g/n high power Wireless USB A / B / G / N Wireless WiFi Network adapter With a 5dBi and 9dBi Rubber Antenna and Suction cup / Clip Window Mount - High speed Up to 300 Mbps - With Hot Swap Support
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||DBROTH||Amazon.com||Panther One||DBROTH||e-shop Japan||DBROTH|
|Item Dimensions||—||1 x 0.4 x 3.7 in||3.9 x 5.5 x 0.7 in||7 x 8.8 x 2.5 in||5.31 x 7.48 x 1.38 in||5.3 x 7.3 x 1.5 in|
802.11a/b/g/n Wireless USB adapter provides users to launch 802.11a/b/g/n wireless network at 150/300 Mbps in the 2.4GHz/5.8GHz band, which is also compatible with 802.11a/b/g wireless devices at 11/54 Mbps.
You can configure AWUS051NH with ad-hoc mode to connect to other 2.4GHz/5.8GHz wireless computers, or with Infrastructure mode to connect to a wireless AP or router for accessing to Internet.
* Compatible with IEEE 802.11n draft 3.0, 802.11a/b/g wireless standards
* 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz frequency band, MIMO (Multiple Input Multiple Output)
* Complies with Universal Serial Bus Rev. 2.0 specifications
* High speed transfer TX data rate up to 150 Mbps
* High speed transfer RX data rate up to 300 Mbps
* Supports WPS by S/W
* Supports wireless data encryption with 64/128-bit WEP, WPA, WPA2, TKIP, AES
* Wide Range coverage
* Compliant with FCC Part 15.247 for US, ETS 300 328 for Europe
* Supports driver for Windows 2000, XP 32/64, Vista 32/64, Linux (2.4.x/2.6.x), Mac (10.4.x/10.5.x) Power PC& PC.
Top Customer Reviews
Every tutorial I read or watched about getting this to work with Kali in VM told me to check USB 2.0 in the VM settings. This allowed me to see the device in Kali, but it didn't work.
On a whim I switched the VM settings to 3.0 ( because my computer only has USB 3.0 ports), and it worked.
I also have it plugged into a USB hub that is USB 2.0, and that plugs into a USB 3.0 port.
Not sure if that will help others, but apparently the difference between USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 is a big deal when dealing in getting this to work with Kali Linux in VM.
However, if you want to increase network performance, a better wireless adapter should be bought after upgrading the wireless access point or wireless router. Doing so would usually yield better results for all users.
Are there any cons for the device? There really aren't any. I could only think of 2.
1. It's expensive. (go figure)
2. It doesn't support the newer 802.11ac standard. But, the device was made 3-4 years ago. So it would be unfair to count that against it.
Also, if you want to try penetration testing for wireless networks, this device works flawlessly. Supports packet injection, monitor mode, and great native support for Kali Linux. Or, you can just buy it for the amazing performance.
I had a question and emailed the company, and they got back to me on the next business day. Also very good.
I have a MacIntosh, and while the web site clearly states that this device works with Mac or Windows computers, as far as I could tell the CD in the box is useless with a Mac. I figured out I needed to download the driver zip file from Alfa's web site (figured this out when I was watching Youtube reviews of the gadget). Without that I'd have been lost. Once I installed the driver, the little gizmo started working without any router magic incantations from me.
The company has a nice product, but they REALLY ought to include a note in the box to Apple computer users saying something like "Ignore the CD in the box. Go get download xyz from our web site". That would save some perplexity. If they'd done that I'd have given the device five stars instead of four.
It worked with Kali out of the box, and it works with the Raspberry Pi, on the latest Raspbian, even without a powered hub, as long as you have a decent power supply (1 Amp, at least, but 2 amps is the best, like an iPad charger) The BlackBerry charger doesn't give enough juice.
You can plug it in, and unplug it without shutting down the RasPi. (maybe not a big deal, but my previous wifi adapter killed the pi when plugging in or unplugging)
I didn't manage to make it work on my Mac OSX Yosemite, but I didn't really try.
Has an awesome range, even with the 5dBi antenna, but with the 7dBi panel antenna it's just a beast.
Build quality is what it is; as long as you don't step on it, it's good enough.
Comes with a little plastic holder, that you can attach a clip to (clip it to your laptop screen) or you can attach a suction cup, to stick it on your window. The latter is very useful!
And, the following is just an opinion, not based on facts:
It seems like that this taiwanese company that makes this, makes it with pride, and they are trying their best to make this thing awesome. It doesn't feel like it was just thrown together, the packaging is nice, etc. good stuff.
SO why the loss of a star you may ask, well simply because the Amazon description is not truthful. You WILL NOT get the other 9dBi antenna! So the description isn't fully truthful.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Delivered faster than I expected