Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Alfred Hitchcock Presents: Stories That Scared Even Me Hardcover – June, 1967
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Ahem! If I May Have a Moment- * Alfred Hitchcock
Fishhead * Irvin S. Cobb
Camera Obscura * Basil Copper
A Death in the Family * Miriam Allen deFord
Men Without Bones * Gerald Kersh
Not with a Bang * Damon Knight
Party Games * John Burke
X Marks the Pedwalk * Fritz Leiber
Curious Adventure of Mr. Bond * Nugent Barker
Two Spinsters ["The Spinsters"] * E. Phillips Oppenheim
The Knife * Robert Arthur
The Cage * Ray Russell
It * Theodore Sturgeon
Casablanca * Thomas M. Disch
The Road to Mictlantecutli * Adobe James
Guide to Doom * Ellis Peters
The Estuary ["The Last Three Ships"] * Margaret St. Clair
Tough Town ["Stranger in Town"] * William Sambrot
The Troll * T. H. White
Evening at the Black House * Robert Somerlott
One of the Dead * William Wood
The Master of the Hounds * Algis Budrys
The Real Thing * Robert Specht
Journey to Death * Donald E. Westlake
The Candidate * Henry Slesar
Out of the Deeps * John Wyndham
Alfred J. Hitchcock affirms the stories in this 1967 book of 462 pages gave him the pleasurable sensations associated with fear. Some terrified him, others disturbed him. He offers them to you so you can enjoy the same emotions (‘Introduction’). The ‘Contents’ list eleven stories, a novelette, twelve stories, and a novel. The editor thanks Robert Fisher for his help in preparing this volume. The ‘Acknowledgments’ list the sources and their date of publication (from 1913 to 1967). You will like and enjoy some more than others. The advantage of a book of short stories over a novel is it doesn’t requires as long a time to complete. Here is a list of titles and authors in order of appearance, and numbered. There is no data about any of the authors; you will recognize some names from other works.
01) Fishhead; Irvin S. Cobb.
02) Camera Obscura; Basil Copper.
03) A Death in the Family; Miriam Allen deFord.
04) Men Without Bones; Gerald Kersh.
05) Not With a Bang; Damon Knight.
06) Party Games; John Burke.
07) X Marks the Pedwalk; Fritz Leiber.
08) Curious Adventure of Mr. Bond; Nugent Barker.
09) Two Spinsters; E. Phillips Oppenheim.
10) The Knife; Robert Arthur.
11) The Cage; Ray Russell.
12) It; Theodore Sturgeon.
13) Casablanca; Thomas M. Disch.
14) The Road to Mictlantecutli; Adobe James.
15) Guide to Doom; Ellis Peters.
16) The Estuary; Margaret St. Clair.
17) Tough Town; William Sambrot.
18) The Troll; T. H. White.
19) Evening at the Bleak House; Robert Somerlott.
20) One of the Dead; William Wood.
21) The Real Thing; Robert Specht.
22) Journey to Death; Donald E. Westlake.
23) Master of the Hounds; AlgisBudrys.
24) The Candidate; Henry Sleson.
25) Out of the Deeps; John Wyndham.
Most recent customer reviews
Alfred J. Hitchcock affirms the stories in this 1967 book of 462 pages gave him the pleasurable sensations...Read more