Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on January 28, 2018
I received an A in the class and while the book was great preparation for the Algebra involved in Calc, it wasn’t particularly great with Trigonometry and very rarely foreshadowed the upcoming topics of Calculus.

Details:
I don’t recall the book covering the Double-Angle Formulas, which was a critical component of evaluating Integrals involving Trigonometric Functions, especially semi-circle and Trig Substitution. I also wish the book emphasized the importance of Trig, beyond just the title, and actually how useful memorizing will become. Furthermore, it would have been nice had they mentioned various memorization strategies for Identities and the Trig Ratios. I certainly recommend you Google the Trig Identitiy Hexagon and the Trig Ratio Hand trick. I would have had more appreciation for the topics in this book if they had done some foreshadowing of the upcoming topics in Calculus.
3 people found this helpful
on August 31, 2015
The item arrived overall in very good shape. The cover was somewhat discolored and had a few scratches, but the physical pages were perfect. As for the quality of the textbook material, this is the best textbook I have read for covering the necessary math needed for higher level mathematics. The information in this book is even slightly more detailed than what is present in the Precalculus edition, but it is, of course, missing the introduction to limit theory which can always be covered later in an actual Calculus textbook. The information is thorough and concise, and for this reason, if you are someone who likes to study privately and learn by yourself, this is an excellent textbook to get started with.
7 people found this helpful
on December 26, 2017
This book is the best of its kind. But turning back and forth to the answers is a hassle. Some questions have answers, some don't. It's pretty awkward to use as a teacher. I bought the solution book to help out. Same issue some problems have answers and some do not. IT's good for the curriculum though and great for the price (used) plus theres an online version and test question banks available. That is what got me to this book in the first place.
on January 5, 2018
I ended up dropping this class half way through the semester because it wouldn’t work with my degree (and the teacher was a b) but the book came quick, was in good (but used) condition, it’s interesting and fairly helpful. I’m keeping this book for future use cause it’s fully self sustaining and you can learn from that rather then just use it for prep questions. Btw, almost NO difference between the 8th, 9th and 10th ed. so buy the cheapest one lol.
on October 14, 2015
I used this book for my Fall 2015 class. It came with the access card needed for class. The book was just and updated version of previous versions with some math problems changed and format changes. I still had to use youtube and other resources to help me solve problems the even problems that did not have example of how to solve in the textbook.
2 people found this helpful
on October 9, 2015
I purchased this text book to go with the math program required for the College Algebra class I am taking. I graduated high school 30 years ago so I learn "old school" and really do better with text books. This book was a lifesaver and I could not have found it at a better price! Last semester the math text book I purchased was $180; this book was a 98% discount! That kind of savings really is very appealing to me as a single Mom going to school full-time and currently not working. So, THANK YOU!
I would HIGHLY recommend your products! Hopefully I can find all my text books from you!
2 people found this helpful
on March 15, 2018
Loved the rental service. Great plan and reasonable pricing - now if the daughter had just used it and passed. Oh well - will rent it again soon I am sure.
on December 27, 2017
Very boring, but it teaches math and the class requires either this or the newer one. With this being much cheaper I'm happy to sacrifice the newness of it
|11 comment|Report abuse
on September 17, 2013
I bought this book for a class that required the book and the access code for the online class. I bought it new thinking
that the access code would be valid. Unfortunately the access code did not work. After waiting for an hour to speak with
Pearson's representative, he double checked the code, told me it was a valid code, we spent another 25 minutes going over everything on the phone and
then he said he was going to send me an email with instructions on how to replace the code. I asked him to make sure if the new code was going to work and he said yes. Well, the email he sent me was to say that Pearson does not replace access code when the book is purchased outside
the university or college that the book is intended for. In other words, they don't replace codes for books purchased through Amazon.
All that time wasted and being duped by this agent by the fake name of "Dave" who is really answering the phone from India.
Pearson is doing a scam with these access codes and probably the universities are in cahoots with them. The only trustworthy and honorable company here is Amazon who refunded the money right away. I'm sorry to say but don't buy this book from Amazon, you might run into the same problem, even though it's not their fault.
19 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on February 23, 2015
This is a decent college algebra math book. Each section has multiple examples that go through step-by-step to make the concepts easier to understand. There are a lot of homework problems to in each chapter. The only thing I do not like about this textbook is that not all of the answers are in the back of the book, so it is difficult to check answers.