Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Algreen Products Soil Saver Classic Compost bin” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 10% off the $99.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Algreen Products Soil Saver Classic Compost bin
|Price:||$99.74 Amazon Prime | Fast, FREE Shipping with|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Produce rich organic dark compost humus in 6 to 8 weeks from food scraps, kitchen and garden waste
- Save up to 30% of household waste while saving money on applicable curbside pickup costs; Made from BPA free 100% recycled environmentally-friendly material
- Locking Self-Watering Lid keeps animals out while openings allow air to move through composter to speed up the composting process
- Large opening makes for easy access and Two sliding doors make removal of compost simple and convenient
- Robust thickness and construction helps produce and insulate heat which helps the micro-organisms breakdown waste to produce nutrient rich soil
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Compare to Similar Items
This item Algreen Products Soil Saver Classic Compost bin
Redmon Green Culture 65-Gallon Compost Bin B003HOR8BK
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
This Original SoilSaver Classic Compost bin Saves Money by Reducing Curbside pickup and Landfill Waste. It produces Nutrient Rich organic Soil for Healthier Plants and Gardens. Now you can help the environment while also helping your family save money with the SoilSaver. Soil produced is natures' own fertilizer and Soil Conditioner. This Composter Includes a Locking Self-Watering Lid, 100% Recycled Material, Military grade Rugged Construction, 2 Sliding Doors, openings for aeration and a free composting Guide, "A Sense of Humus."
Top Customer Reviews
Bottom line: I really like it and I'm happy with my purchase. The plastic is recycled (kudos) and thick so it's sturdy. Assembly was easy with plastic bolts and nuts (so they don't rust) and they provided the tool. Took me 15 minutes and I was drinking beer - put a screw in, take a sip of beer, contemplate, repeat. About 12 screws. Design is very well thought out IMO.
Some notes: It has no bottom, which I expected. It has rain holes on top, not sure if that will be enough but I could add more. Comes with a very basic composting guide but helpful. It has two doors along the bottom which I opted (read: didn't notice until I was done) to put on adjoining sides but could have put on opposite sides. The knobs you see on top are the locks, one on each side, nothing it getting without turning the whole thing over, e.g. bear, dog, etc. Comes with a 25 year warranty!!! Made in Canada. I think this item is made for Sam's Club and I've seen good prices on it at their site but it was out of stock everywhere.
As an aside, compost doesn't stink. I received my kitchen bin first and started saving stuff. It adds up fast, you'll be amazed. So I needed a place to store it when that filled up and used a bucket and lid out on the porch, in the sun. Two weeks later it still didn't smell, fruit, veggies, cereal, coffee grinds, eggs - nothing...
See my pics of the unit above!
* Can be used for hot (active maintain) or cold (dump stuff in and forget about it) composting.
* Fully enclosed.
* Has a locking lid.
* Uses hard nylon screws & bolts that won't rust.
* More attractive than the chicken wire and wood frame composter I made.
* Good instruction booklet.
* Good airflow. (I was worried about this before using.)
* Fast hot composting (about 5-6 weeks)
* 25-yr manufacturer's warranty
* Haven't found the doors very useful. (They are not a problem either. More useful for a cold pile I guess.)
* Little difficult to turn the pile. (I usually remove the entire bin, and set to the side and refill the bin in the new location.)
The directions state that you must place this on level ground so the lid fits properly. I used a shovel to level out a spot and the lid fits great and stays locked.
Since nocturnal critters live in my area, I haven't used food scraps for this composter. (I use a vermiculture setup ( Can-O-Worms ) for that in the garage.) I use grass clippings, shredded cardboard and newspaper, leaves, and other chopped-up landscape debris to get a good mix of carbon and nitrogen.
Tip: Put this bin somewhere that is easy to get to from your kitchen. It will be easier to make composting a way of life if the bin is convenienty located.
I like this bin so much, for its ease of use and quality, I'm buying a second one today, to place near my new vegetable garden.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
delivery time and item exactly as advertized, which is great. even bigger than i expected. Only time will tell whether the item stands up to long-term outdoor use but i am... Read morePublished 2 days ago by Anon
It does not have a base allowing rodents to come in. I have to return it.Published 8 days ago by Esperanza Liszewski
Installation was fairly straight forward. The top can be a bit tricky to get on if the unit isn't level and sometimes it isn't easy to tell if the top is locked properly,... Read morePublished 8 days ago by Jackie and Brian
have used this all season and the top is easy to lock or remove to add compost. I haven't emptied it as of yet.Published 16 days ago by Nancy K.
I have had compost bins for over 30 years, this one of by far the best!Published 25 days ago by Dixie G.
I just filled it with leaves and food scraps so we'll see how it works. so far so good.Published 1 month ago by jean
Very solid and assembly was easy. Was somewhat dog-resistant until my too-smart-for-her-own good terrier figured out how to grasp the door handles in her teeth to slide them off... Read morePublished 1 month ago by C. Minor