Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Alice: Madness Returns - Xbox 360” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 14% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
+ $3.99 shipping
& FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details
About the Product
- Use multiple upgradeable melee weapons, including the explosive Teapot Cannon, the punishing Hobby Horse, and the classic Vorpal Blade
- Encounter familiar, but now strange characters including the Cheshire Cat, the Mad Hatter, the Catapillar and the Red Queen
- Obtain peculiar abilities in Wonderland such as floating with Alice's dress, shrinking and growing to towering sizes in order to crush enemies
- Intuative and rewarding puzzles such as transforming obstacles, musical memories chess and picture blocks
- Delight in the whims of the ever-changing visual aspects of the gameworld which visually affect everything in the game, including Alice and her attire
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Alice: Madness Returns is an Action-Adventure game that delves deep into the dark and violent side of the imagination, creating a nightmarish Wonderland where Alice must face the demons that haunt her visions. Visit the grim reality of Victorian London and then travel to the beautiful yet ghastly Wonderland to uncover the root of Alice's madness and discover the truth behind a deadly secret, kept hidden for years. Features include: upgradable melee weapons and magic abilities, a shattered gameword filled with altered versions of Lewis Carroll's famous characters and intuitive and rewarding puzzle play.
Return to a Very Different Wonderland
Eleven years ago a horrific fire took Alice's family from her and left her mind horrifically scarred. Afterwards she was confined to Rutledge Asylum where she struggled to confront her demons by slipping slipping further into her fantasy world of Wonderland. Now, after ten years, she has finally secured her release - yet she still bears the heavy psychological burden of that tragic event.
With her mind in tatters, she is unable to resolve the fear prompted by her strange memories, dreams, and visions. Perhaps she'll do better in Wonderland. She always has. She travels there, seeking what the "real" world can't provide: security, knowledge, and the truth about the past. But in her absence, Wonderland too has suffered. Something has gone horribly wrong, and now a great evil is descending upon what once was her beautiful refuge. Can Alice save Wonderland -- and herself -- from the madness that consumes them both?
Alice: Madness Returns, like the original 2000 game release for PC that it is a sequel to, is a third-person, single player, action game that incorporates platforming and combat gameplay. Playing as Alice players retreat into Wonderland for comfort from the real world, only to find it in even more shambles than before. Yet this world that exists in Alice's head holds the secrets to her repressed memories and the truth behind the murder of her family. Players must fight their way across this world using a mixture of melee weapons, magic and puzzle-solving and platforming skills to defeat a variety of enemy types, each with particular strengths and weakness. By besting each, players collect in-game currency that can be used to upgrade weapons and skills. In addition to combat players also must explore every corner of this strange world to find clues, messages and potions that help to literally unlock memories that will finally expose the truth behind the madness.
Key Game Features
- Intense 3rd-person Action - Use multiple upgradeable melee weapons, including the explosive Teapot Cannon, the punishing Hobby Horse, and the classic Vorpal Blade.
- Explore a Dark and Shattered Wonderland - Encounter familiar, but now strange characters including the Cheshire Cat, the Mad Hatter, the Caterpillar and the Red Queen.
- Magical Abilities - Obtain peculiar abilities in Wonderland such as floating with Alice's dress, shrinking and growing to towering sizes in order to crush enemies.
- Interactive Puzzles - Intuitive and rewarding puzzles such as transforming obstacles, musical memories chess and picture blocks.
- A Visually unique Gameworld - Delight in the whims of the ever-changing visual aspects of the gameworld which visually affect everything in the game, including Alice and her attire.
A very different Wonderland.
Wield upgradable weapons.
Platforming and puzzle play.
Top Customer Reviews
1. The original American McGee's Alice! I never had the pleasure to play it back when it was released, but the HD remake was a welcome surprise! Now here's an important note: If you purchase Alice:MR new, you get a redeem code that gives you the original Alice, free of charge. Without this redeem code (assuming you purchase used), it is 800 MS Points ($10) on the Xbox 360 Marketplace.
2. Graphics! They were beautiful in this game, all you have to do is google the images, and you'll see what I'm talking about! Think animation kind of sorta (but not exactly) like The Incredibles, it's exaggerated and "cartoon-ish" (for lack of a better word). The only oddity about the graphics is sometimes the textures appear "muddy" due to not fully loading quickly, but that's not a negative and in no way impacts the game! It was just obvious... >_>
3. The environments were stunning, from a beautiful forest, to menacing castle, and even the streets of London! Most games stick to one theme, such as being dark and scary to the end, or bright and happy, etc.Read more ›
Platforming feels solid. Double jumping not only looks beautiful with a cool graphical flourish but the "float" ability that allows you to glide and string multiple double jumps together is useful and cool to look at. The fighting is also done really well. I like dedicated melee and ranged buttons that allow the combat to flow seamlessly instead of constantly switching weapons back & forth as the situation and enemies demand a major improvement over the first. Theres also a dodge/dash ability that's both very useful and is awesome to look at. Locking on to enemies to and being able to change to another target during battle is very useful and also an upgrade from the first game.
Exploration is rewarded and encouraged which I love. It's not just a straight road through the game. There are items & memories to find if you go off the beaten path. Your first power is "shrink sense" which is sort like detective mode from Batman Arkham Asylum.Read more ›
I preordered this a few months ago for both PC and XBox, and have experimented with both for a few hours each.
The graphics are art; nothing more. How refreshing it is to have a game that isn't attempting to make everything look like the real world. This is pop surrealism at it's finest. American McGee has created a stunningly beautiful and often times creepy world for Alice to play in.
I'm rather shocked to hear that this game has received negative reviews from websites. Even if I were unbiased, I still view this game as an incredible journey. The gameplay itself is smooth and easy to pick up on. Weapon upgrades customize the experience while keeping with the basics. The NPC's are challenging, though you have four options of difficulty to choose from when you begin the game. The focus fire is magnificent, the dodge is not only easy to use but also a lovely graphic, and Alice shrinking for a different view of the world is quite clever.
It's impossible for me to find any draw backs. A previous reviewer could only find that he didn't like the pepper shaker, and that was the worst he had to say. The pepper shaker is a weapon from the duchess in the first game and also appears in the book, so that made sense for a weapon based on Alice.
Truly, a remarkably beautiful game, and for all of us American McGee fans, it's what we've been waiting for. You won't be sorry. :)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is one of the best games on the Xbox 360! I've beaten this game before, then regrettably traded it in, only to regret that choice soon after. Read morePublished 13 days ago by Christopher
Love this game! The storyline is awesome, the graphics are awesome, and the cutscenes are intriguing.Published 1 month ago by Kelli