Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "Alien: Resurrection” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 54% off the $14.98 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
|Additional DVD options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
- 3-minute featurette
- Booklet with production notes
Top Customer Reviews
What makes Resurrection pay off for me is Sigourney Weaver's acting. This Ripley is a trip! She speaks in a sly, wink-wink manner, but can as easily rip your head off. Her senses are heightened, and she tears it up on the court. This hybrid Ripley, part-human/part-alien, has red acid for blood, already sees the impending doom, and seems rather amused by it all.
I find it entertaining, sly, even philosophical. Definitely worth a long look.
In Alien the enemy was not really the monster. The monster's unique method of reproduction merely served to highlight the "human condition": that we are vulnerable, that our bodies are ill-equipped for survival except in the most congenial of circumstances, that they are subject to violation by organic and inorganic forces outside of us. The idea of being "violated" through the mouth and "impregnated" by a monster is horrible, but that possibility serves to highlight our dependency upon science and technology in order to stay alive (even her on Earth), and our increasing "alienation" through technology from the natural world and from the evolutionary struggle for survival.Read more ›
Instead of a Whedon movie, we get something far more bizarre and fascinating. Back from the dead through the miracle of cloning, Ripley's DNA has been mingled with that of the xenomorph, which, are, as usual, being studied for their scientific and military potential against all common sense, she is now stronger, stranger and far more callous. This is a phenomenal role for Sigourney Weaver and a genuinely original take on a character that could have become rote and boring.
The crew of bandits who come to the ship to sell, uh, materials to the scientists, are much more recognizable as Whedon characters, but are plenty dark enough to fit the moral ambiguity of the film and not seem jokey and one-note. Ron Perlman is pretty great.
Also it's really great to look at.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This film was my introduction to the Alien franchise and my personal favoritePublished 9 days ago by Alex Henry
Producers etc. stretched it too far making money from the excellent original "Alien" film.Published 1 month ago by sancti-spiritus
I've watched this movie 3-4 times over the years and just got done re-watching it in a kind of Alien movie watching binge. Read morePublished 1 month ago by William Hefner
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Action & Adventure
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Horror
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Mystery & Thrillers
- Movies & TV > Genre for Featured Categories > Science Fiction
- Movies & TV > Movies
- Movies & TV > Sci-Fi Series & Sequels > Alien Saga
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Aliens
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Monsters & Mutants
- Movies & TV > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Sci-Fi Action
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Action > General
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > All Fox Titles
- Movies & TV > Studio Specials > 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment > Science Fiction > General