Industrial Deals Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Mother's Day gifts across Amazon Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on December 2, 2013
This game just screams "rushed." The ideas and gameplay talked/shown at press conferences never made it into the game although they did look amazing. That right there tells me that the ideas were there but whether through time constraints or budget constraints it just never made it into the game. It's not often I'll rate a product so low but this is a rare exception. The game is bad and the nostalgia factor only allows you to look past a couple problems. When the problems start taking away from your love of the movies and comics then you know something is just wrong. The sad fact is that most people will look at this game and see "Gearbox" on the cover and immediately think it's good because of their work with Borderlands. Please don't be one of those people. This is a bad game that should be avoided.
on April 22, 2015
aliens colonial marines is what i would not consider as your first experiance for the alien franchise. this game does have some good and bad.

story: this games plot is basically after the events of alien 3 and before alien resurection involving colonial marines and weyland utani forces going to war with each other both above and on LV426 with the hostile xenomorphs some of who survived the explosion of the proscessing plant in Aliens along side major hicks.

gameplay: the controls for this game are okay most of the time other times it feels like call of duty.

music and sound are really good for an alien game. multiplayer and the weapon customization are the highlights of this game.

this game does have beautiful atmosphere but the game has glitch problems along with lagging issues even dlc cant save this game in long run. if you want a true alien experiance play alien isolation a much better game overall.
on April 23, 2013
First of all, I am a fan of the Alien franchise which is a big part of the reason I had been looking forward to this game's release for a few years. I was caught up in a few great games (Dead Space 3 and others) so I didn't end up pre-ordering this game (boy did I luck out). I did head to the internet though right after Colonial Marines was released as I was curious what everyone was thinking. The reviews were almost laughably bad. I was thinking that maybe people were judging it a little harsh because of their disappointment and that maybe, just maybe, it wasn't quite that bad. I did see a few people give it higher (mediocre) reviews. Well, I had an Amazon gift card and was done playing the other games and the price had already dipped down to about half of what it was when it was first released. Like everyone said, the graphics are dated, the gameplay stinks, the atmosphere is barely there, the AI sucks, and the difficulty is all over the place. I did read though that they had made it more difficult (maybe too much so) in order to try and make up for the shoddy AI. Well, that didn't work. Stay away from this game, there are so many better games out there!
on March 25, 2013
Seeing as how so many people all over the internet have said what is bad about this game, and why it has failed, I will review it from a different perspective, from that of my own eyes as a gamer and a consumer.

I love the Aliens franchise, love the movies, love the games, love the AvP spinoffs, love it all, so I end up giving these games a little bit of leeway even when they tend to gravitate towards the sucky side (looking at you AvP 2010), so, I of course bought this game, (at launch, unfortunately), and thought it was weird there was a review embargo, but didn't think much of it. So me and my friend get this game, and we start playing it, the MP isn't half bad when you first play it, however, it is unbalanced, feels unfinished, the progression system is very short, I mean, after you hit level 60, have everything unlocked, completed your challenges (which are stupid and useless anyways), then what is there to do? I heard GB spent a lot of their time on the multi player, and they might have, but they didn't think at all towards the future, I mean, the new DLC for ACM is supposed to be out sometime soon (if it isn't already), but, the majority of the player base is gone, or soon to be, because there is nothing keeping them playing this game, I played the heck out of the MP, to get my money worth out of it, and after I hit level 45 or so, I just got bored, stopped playing it, it's just sad because even the MP could have been great, if they had a properly fleshed out progression system, and shipped with more maps, it would have been a fun way to waste some time.

And don't get me started on the single player campaign, so let me keep it short: Horrible narrative story, it does not make sense, it feels like some crappy B-movie script, the graphics are horrible, the engine is a piece of crap with horrible AI, the clipping annoys me to no end, there is no dynamic lighting, pretty sure the engine is running on DX9 still, and, it just reminds me of Duke Nukem Forever, and just leaves a horrible taste in my mouth.

If someone gave you this game, along with 10 dollars, you still paid too much, this game deserves to be buried next to the Atari E.T. games.
on February 24, 2013
I will have to agree with all the other reviewers. This game sucks. How in the world can people go to work every day, draw a paycheck and put a game like this out on the market? I had hoped for a little pride in a persons work. Maybe a little consideration for a person who is paying $60 plus tax for a game. If those people at Gearbox had any character, they would refund everyones money and say they were sorry. R. Lee, Rochester, NY
on August 23, 2014
This was the game that taught my a lesson about pre-ordering games. I received it, played it for about an hour or two, then took it to GameStop and traded it in before word got out too much about how terrible it was.

Everything you read bad about it is true. So sad. Here's too ALIEN ISOLATION being much better.
on September 6, 2016
the graphics aren't the greatest kind of cartoony but it's cool how it goes along with the story after Aliens & the weapons are upgradeable & there are aliens & humans to fight
on August 6, 2013
the game graphic wise is not good looks like a game from 2007 yet very new the game play is okay kind of smooth good transitions from weapon to weapon. slight npc glitchess from time to time if you are looking for an okay game this is it dont pay more than $20 for it though. IGN gave it a 4.5 i give it a 6.5 but graphics are not as important to me as most people.
on October 21, 2016
First I'll say its not a bad game but its not good either. Its mediocre I guess. The worst part about it is it could have easily been a great game but it seems they either lost interest in it or were just plain lazy. If you really love the Aliens franchise and can get it for $5.00 New like I did I'll recommend it otherwise its not worth the time.
on May 13, 2013
The only good that can come from this game is the multiplayer & the customization. That's it. The rest is just a poor attempt to make a game. The "Aliens: INFESTATION" for the DS is better than this game by a mile and it has lesser graphics/is a side scroller lol. They shoulda got Ubisoft to work on the game...wtf were they thinking getting SEGA for? lol

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.