Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- As the Marine, you'll experience a claustrophobic and terrifying experience where light is your friend, but there's never enough; however, the United States Marine Corps are humanity's last line of defense, and as such they are armed to the teeth with the very latest in high explosive and automatic weaponry
- As the Predator, you will stalk from the shadows and from above, passing athletically through the treetops to ambush your victims; although equipped with an array of powerful, exotic weapons and tracking equipment, honor ultimately dictates that you must get in close and take your trophies face to face
- As the most deadly species in the universe, the Alien offers you the chance to play as the very stuff of nightmares, the monster in the dark swarming forward with countless others, jaws like a steel trap and claws like blades
- Play all sides off against each other in a series of unique 3-way online modes and go tooth-to-claw-to-pulse rifle in the reinvention of one of multiplayer gaming's defining moments
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Sega Aliens Vs. Predator 68042 299
Aliens vs Predator is an entirely new title for PC and high-definition consoles from acclaimed British developer Rebellion, the team behind the 1999 original PC gaming classic. Bringing the legendary war between two of science-fiction’s most popular characters to FPS fans, AvP delivers three outstanding single player campaigns and provides untold hours of unique 3-way multiplayer gaming. Experience distinctly new and thrilling first person gameplay as you survive, hunt and prey in the deadly jungles and swamps surrounding the damned colony of Freya’s Prospect.
Three Breeds of Warrior. Three Brutal Campaigns. One Relentless Battleground.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I really liked the simple story. & enjoyed the history of the Predators they show.
The atmosphere was really really good. there is NOTHING like hearing the sounds of the Marine guns or
Predator in his hunting vision or hearing an Alien scream as you shoot them.
executions as Aliens or Predator were always hilarious & gorey.
weapons are nice!!! ohhhh that smart gun !!!!
Aliens are very sneaky & fast !!!!
music gets you right in the mood! you think you're AHNOLD!!
The bad is:
graphics are pretty good but could have been better.
wish the game had more enemies & better a.i.
(sometimes the bots autolock but hey it just makes it tougher)
in the end...
i paid like $16 for this game, & i had a blast!!!
GET IT !
if you're an Aliens or Predator fan, it's a must!
AND PLAY THIS WITH THE LIGHTS OF!!!!
As a marine this comes across as a pretty standard first person shooter though the atmosphere is great, especially the sound effects, quite consistent with the Alien movies were people are peering into the darkness when all of a sudden BOOM there's an alien right in your face or worse, right behind you! They literately are coming out of the god&$*# walls! I recommend playing as the marine's first until you get a feel for the game. Playing as the alien first, as I did, then going back to the marine makes you feel incredibly ponderous.
As a predator you specialize in stealth, leaping from tree to tree getting close enough to ambush your prey, or blast them to bits from a distance with your shoulder mounted energy weapon. Again the sound effects are spot on. Although, of the three, I prefer the predators the least. Maybe I just need more practice but they seem least effective at actually killing anything, especially aliens. Probably because their melee attacks are more complex. Given time, I might change my attitude a bit, but for me, they are least fun so far.
Playing as the alien is the most fun I've had so far with this game. These guys are totally ambushed-based and require a fair amount of patience not only to master controlling the alien but in quieting waiting unseen in the shadows for just the right time to pounce and not get riddled with machine gun fire. Indeed, the darkness is your friend. Seems more tactical/puzzle solving in a way and that appeals to me. The transition between floor, wall, and ceiling is usually pretty smooth but can be disorientating sometimes, even after you get used to it, especially considering the alien's blinding speed. It can get a bit repetitive though if you play long enough, especially seeing as how the marine A.I. are kinda dumb/easy to trick and predictable some times.
It's better than I expected. Graphics are okay and obviously, given the subject, very gory. The sounds are great and very consistent with the movies. The story is good enough and told from three different perspectives. Voice acting was a little bland, I'd also call it good enough for this kind of game but most of the marines and civilians don't really seem quite terrified enough given their about to be beheaded or, worse, have a intimate encounter with a facehugger. With a bit more money behind it, more polish, smarter AI's, a longer, more complex story and campaigns it could have been better. But, given some of the movies its based off of, it also could have been A LOT worse so 4/5 stars.
Not bad, guys. Not bad.
- you get to play as a predator
- you get to play as an alien
- you get to play as a marine
- the sounds are pretty much spot on
- controls are pretty good
- each campaign is short
- graphics are average at best
- very low replay value
Most recent customer reviews
I'll make sure i hold on to it this time