|Graphics Coprocessor||Geforce gtx|
Alienware Graphics Amplifier (9R7XN)
|Price:||& FREE Shipping. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$76.33 (27%)|
|Graphics Coprocessor||Geforce gtx|
|Graphics Card Interface||PCI-E|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Amplify your performance Step up your graphics performance with support for a full length, double wide, desktop graphics card that do not exceed 10.5 inches in length
- Designed for Alienware 13 R2, 15 R2, 15 R3, Alpha R2, M17xR2, M17xR3, X51 R3, R2 notebooks LCD or on any external display connected to the amplifier
- Includes a 460 Watts internal power supply, GPU is not included, peripherals dock to the amplifer with 4 built in USB 3.0 ports
- Plug in with a single proprietary cable, included in box, exclusively made for Alienware R2 laptops, it is a system bus extender, has stealth black color
- Compatibility for available GPUs compared to TBT3 options and offer support for a single full length, dual wide, PCI Express x16 graphics card, support graphic cards of up to 375W and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 600 as well as AMD Radeon HD 5000 series and newer
- Note: Kindly refer User Guide before use
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Transform your Alienware 13, 15 and 17 R2 notebooks with the Alienware Graphics Amplifier and unlock the immersive power of desktop gaming.
- Amplify your performance: Step up your graphics performance with support for a full-length, double-wide, desktop graphics card
- Hook up your favorite displays: The graphics amplifier allows you to enjoy the performance of the desktop graphics card on your Alienware 13, 15 and 17 R2 notebooks LCD or on any external display connected to the amplifier
- Plug into a battle station: The Alienware Graphics Amplifier connects to your notebook with a single cable enabling the PCI-Express graphics card connection as well as your four USB 3.0 ports to be connected with less clutter and simple connectivity
Gaming without sacrifice.
For years, gamers have been forced to compromise. They could choose a notebook for prioritized mobility, but miss out on some of the performance and graphics experience only a gaming desktop can provide. Alternatively, they could enjoy truly intense at-home play, but stay chained to the desk. Finally, we have a means to deliver desktop-class, high-performance gaming graphics even to our most mobile laptop.
The new Alienware Graphics Amplifier allows you to enhance your Alienware 13, 15 and 17 R2 notebooks at home, transforming it into an upgradable, desktop-class gaming station. Gamers have never had this degree of flexibility and power. Now the choice is yours.
Let true power transform you.
Fuel meets fire:Supercharge your at-home gaming with the Alienware Graphics Amplifier. Simply plug in and enjoy a full desktop experience – immersive graphics and big performance. Alienware 13, 15 and 17 R2 can power up to three displays, including its own LCD – connect it to the graphics amplifier and you can power as many additional screens as the graphics card within the graphics amplifier can support. The performance from the Alienware Graphics Amplifier will be used on whichever screens the game or 3D application is running on.
Enhanced action: The Graphics Amplifier boosts any gaming experience with support for full-length, dual-wide graphics cards requiring up to 375W and provides even more connectivity to your setup with a built-in, powered, 4-port USB 3.0 hub.
Master your environment.
- Full Force:The graphics amplifier includes a 460 Watts internal power supply so you can run advanced graphics cards confidently. It is designed with a single cord that connects exclusively to the Alienware 13, 15 and 17 R2
- Evolve in tandem: The Alienware Graphics Amplifier was designed with the future in mind. As you reach higher pinnacles of gaming and technology evolves, upgrade your graphics cards easily with an accessible design – with support for full-length, double-wide, PCI-Express x16 graphics cards. Always stay on the cutting edge
- Engage your senses: The Alienware Graphics Amplifier features a light-up alien head logo and supports all AlienFX possibilities, so you can fully control your at-home experience. Set triggers, morph lights from one color to the next, and make your system glow and blink in tandem with the game – all made possible with ability to customize your lighting theme via Alienware Command Center
True upgradeable graphics performance.
Your Alienware Graphics Amplifier comes with Alienware Basic Support.
The Alienware Graphics Amplifier comes standard with a 1-year return for repair with non-accidental damage, or fail-on-arrival policy. All fail-on-arrival comes with Dell’s standard Limited Hardware Warranty.
Look for these additional services at checkout:
Alienware Enhanced Support
Includes In-Home Service after Remote diagnosis, plus Premium Phone Support, offering 24/7 access to dedicated Alienware advanced support technicians for hardware and software assistance, including in-game repairs and troubleshooting.
1-4 Years Accidental Damage Service.
Let us repair or replace your system in the event of an accident. Accidental Damage service covers surges and screen breaks, liquid spills, accidental drops and falls.
Transform your Alienware 13 notebook with the Alienware Graphics Amplifier and unlock the immersive power of desktop gaming.
All sales final
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I don't know if I got a newer model of the amplifier because almost all complaints I've read here for the 17R3 are non-existent. The fan is inaudible unless you are sitting in COMPLETE AND UTTER SILENCE and even then I would not call it loud at all. I also heard the Gigabyte 1080ti Gaminc OC fans are loud but in all seriousness, I do not hear a thing but a very low hum when I'm alone at night, not playing ANY sounds and with the amp on top of the desk. I do not use headphones.
1- Read the user manual. It specifically tells you how to open the amplifier by sliding the unlock button on the back. Many people here seem to have a problem doing that and they don't seem to know what the slider does.
2- When removing the amplifier cable, press the side latches and then push the cable INWARDS then pull it out. Do not just pull out.
3- After you install the card and turn on your laptop for the first time, you need to install the NVIDIA drivers for the desktop graphics card you installed even if you already had the drivers for your notebook's card installed. You need to have BOTH drivers installed.
Alienware 13 R1, R2, R3
Alienware 15 R1, R2, R3, R4
Alienware 17 R2, R3, R4, R5
Alienware X51 R3
Alienware Alpha R2
Like me and the rest of the educated modern PC world, you probably would never own an overpriced and under-powered Alienware (Dell) PC. The specific reason for the incompatibility is that they use a proprietary cable for the link between the system and the enclosure. This connection is absolutely necessary for the GPU to be recognized by the PC. This was such a disappointment and not even in the package or instructions did it mention that it was only compatible with Alienware PC/laptops. Frustrating and disappointing. If you think the Razer Core X is better...than you can read my review on that as well. I had ZERO success in getting it to be recognized by my son's Asus GR8 II-6GT024Z. I ended up building my son a new computer for Christmas and just slapped the 1080ti into that :shrugs:
Features of the dock are as follows, 4 full speed USB 3 ports, the weird PCI-ish cable, and the internal PCIx16 slot. Houses most GPU's newer then the Nvidia 600 series and fits my bulky R9 290 in it and seems to do ok powering it as it has up to 16 usable pins for power (mine is using 14 of those.)
Cons - I really wish the connector also charged my laptop like every other eGPU dock. Gotta do a full restart to use it and my system has a half turn on then off then does it again before it works (really weird side affect of using this). My graphics dock doesn't even close properly, though I was warned this thing feels cheap as all hell and it really did, even just inserting the GPU was painful with this things lack of intelligent design.
In our configuration, we use a GeForce GTX 1060 Mini 3GB GDDR5 Super Compact Graphics Card ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060 Mini 3GB GDDR5 Super Compact Graphics Card (ZT-P10610A-10L) and for the monitor we use an Acer XF240H Acer XF240H bmjdpr 24-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) AMD FreeSync Display (Display Port, DVI & HDMI Port, 144Hz Refresh Rate) .
At first, the signal from the amplifier was not picked up by the monitor. The laptop itself would not recognize the the second screen, although the light on the front of the amp would come on when we turned the laptop on. The signal just wouldn't transmit from the amp to the monitor. I then went online and downloaded the driver for the graphics card, rebooted, and then all worked well. We are using a display port connection.
I highly recommend this if you want to give your Alienware a boost for gaming...it works perfectly. I also recommend the card and the monitor I mention above...no lag times, absolutely beautiful display.
If things change as we use it more, I will update this review...thanks for reading....hope our experience helped!
Top reviews from other countries
El Amplificador viene super bien empacado, cuenta con todos sus cables y en mi caso compre una RTX 2060 de MSI y le quedo perfecta, batallé un poco para cerrar el cajón pero era cuestión de acomodar bien mi tarjeta gráfica.
Contiene en el paquete:
*Soportó gráficos 4K.
*Hasta ahora el rendimiento ha sido espectacular, claro con su correspondiente tarjeta gráfica (que se compra aparte).
*No necesité de actualizar todo el sistema para que la reconociera, solo descargue el driver en Dell y listo reinicié y la reconoció.
*Cuando ya esta conectado el cable especial de ALIENWARE encienden ambas cabezas de un color blanco.
Se puede cambiar la luz led de color desde el Alienware FX.
*Trae su cable ALIENWARE especial.
*Cable de corriente.
Todo excelente, muy recomendable.
This add infinity of options to boost up your gaming experience. Just installed a 1080 graphic card. Works like a charm!
I just changed the amplifier power suply for a 750w and the fan for a stronger one. I run pretty much everything now! The only thing missing is to change my HDD for an ssd and im good for 2 more years at least!
Pero estoy muy contento con haberlo pedido.