Oil month Automotive HPC World Book Day Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon westworldS2 westworldS2 westworldS2  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

• Alive

Alive
Format: Audio CD|Change

on September 5, 2012
The death of Lynn Strait (Snot's original lead singer) is one of the more tragic musical losses of the 90's and beyond. The band's first album Get Some demonstrated that Snot's angry, melodramatic, and irreverent brand of punk continues to make an amazing listen to this day. Alive! only reinforces Get Some by showing that the quality of their music was not diminished during live performances. "Absent" was the last song that was recorded by the band (showcased on Strait Up, and arguably the album's best track). Absent proves how tragic Lynn's death was for the music industry. It is as beautiful as any other track on Alive!, and it hints to forever unrealized new music that should give you a hole somewhere in your stomach.

I wish that I was able to see the original band, and I wish even more that Lynn was still around to keep rocking. Alive is a great live album, and it is one of the few existing glimpses into one of the most influential and shortest lived acts of the 90s. This album is a must for any serious fan of rock or punk music.
on December 15, 2002
Finally, what all of us Snot fans have been waiting for, the Snot live album, the CD we all knew just had to be released. I was one of the unfortunates who never got to see Snot live, so this CD was a really special listen for me. All of Snot's energy is captured perfectly on this CD. Snot rages through their best tracks on here. Lynn Strait (R.I.P.) confirms on this CD that he really was one of the best frontmen of the 90's. He sings, screams and bellows with severe passion. The band is also in top-form, never faultering once. All of the greatest are here: Absent, Stoopid, I Jus' Lie, plus a studio track, "Choose What," which you may recognize as the music for Serj's "Starlit Eyes" from the Strait Up tribute. You can tell that Serj used this version as a blueprint for his, seeing how both vocalists eerily resemble each other on their respective tracks. Also included on this CD is an extensive enhanced portion with the rarely seen video for "Stoopid" and a live video of "Joy Ride," plus some other hidden stuff. If you already own "Get Some," then Get This. It is the perfect companion and will put a smile on every Snot fan's face.
on April 27, 2016
Gone way too soon. Amazing frontman to a fantastic band had everything going for them. Turn the volume way up and you can feel the energy from these guys. The style is not for everyone but I found after a few listens it gets better and better. Not only is it hard and in your face but the messages in the lyrics are so well put together and spoken.
on August 24, 2014
Edit: listen to Abscent. Worth the cost.

Huge Snot fan. They recorded something truly amazing in the studio. This album is live, and I don't think there is/was a man that can replicate how powerful the vocals were in the studio.

Glad I had the opportunity to hear but not perfect (as the album was).
on February 11, 2018
excellent
on July 24, 2016
The album itself was amazing, however, the physical copy of the CD I received has multiple scratches.
on June 3, 2015
awesome album
on September 5, 2004
hello my name is michael and what i forgot to tell everyone is that im a teenybopper poser that likes boy bands and built a shrine to them. thats why i do not like real music. im a loser and im pathetic, but everyone else that gave this music good review is not. ill go back to listening to backdoor boys while the rest of these people listen to some real music.
on August 16, 2002
I know there are going to be people out there who buy "Alive" and don't like it. They're going to think that it sounds choppy, and that Lynn's vocals don't sound real good, and that he drops words, blah blah blah.
For me, this is the one thing that was missing from "Get Some," while the studio album rocked my world, it didn't capture the insane energy of their live shows. And I feel great pity for all the Snot fans who never got to see them live; you missed the greatest show on earth. I must've seen them ten or fifteen times from their earliest stages of inception in Santa Barbara, and every show was an amazing experience.
You had Lynn talking to the crowd and cracking jokes, Mikey making his goofy faces, Tumor glowering at every one. Everyone who's seen a Snot show knows what I mean. Remember how they all used to jump at a crucial moment in the song? Remember how, rather than bending forward like some vocalists, Lynn would lean his shoulders back, shove out his belt and roar?
I've seen no band (from Nine Inch Nails to Ministry to NOFX) that had such relentless and charismatic energy on stage. "Alive" brings a little of that to the uninitiated, and a whole LOT of nostalgia to us veterans.
Musically, there's not much new here. There are some funny moments with Lynn talking on stage (the intros to "Tecato" and "Box" are particularly cool, and you can tell he was a master at getting the crowd whipped up and into the show. The live versions of "Snot," "I Jus' Lie," "Absent," and "Tecato" are excellent, but if you like Snot, you won't find anything to dislike on here.
The final track is something that I didn't expect; it's an unreleased track called "Choose what?". Owners of the "Strait Up" tribute album will recognize the music that Serj (SOAD) chose to write his piece "Starlit Eyes" to. It's haunting in a way, to listen to this song and hear that while the content was different, each vocalist sang the song in a similar style. It's also very sad to listen to Lynn sing to the music and then wonder: what would that album have sounded like had he lived? Something tells me Snot would be main stage at Ozzfest this year, and occupying their rightful place in the pantheon of new metal gods.
RIP Lynn Strait 1968 - 1998. We miss you Lynn, we will never forget you
on October 16, 2002
Run or type and click as fast as you can and grab this CD. Rarely can you find a live CD that captures the energy that a band brings to the stage. From the Intro - "Say something for the record" - to the bonus studio track "Choose what?" this CD ROCKS HARD! Speaking of "Chose what?" I've listened to this song a thousands time and I can't get enough of it. The only bad thing that I can say about this CD is that it makes me sad listening to it because I realize that I will never be able to see one of my favorite groups live.
By the way, listen to this as well as Snot's "Get Some" CD and you will soon discover who some of today's Alt. Metal bands are copying.
R.I.P. - Lynn