Lyft Vehicles Review Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on March 29, 2012
Product is crushed Cacao beans, not whole as in picture. So, you will get nibs not beans. Flavor is complex, dark chocolate start with a fruity finish. Texture is interesting, a little chunkier than I expected. Some parts are hard to chew-as if some shell or similar material is in with the nibs. I sprinkle it over my cereal for an added kick. Overall I like it, but may try using a grinder or mortise/pedastal to make a little easier to chew.
on December 13, 2012
Don't buy these if you plan to eat them. You get a ton for very little money, but he quality of these nibs is poor. First, the actual cocoa is bitter and chalky compared to higher end nibs. Second, and perhaps more importantly, it's about 30% shell and stem. They are impossible to eat unless you spend an absurd amount of time sifting through them to pick out stems and shells. I would say it took me about an hour per half cup. The shells have an unpleasant taste and texture, and the stems could crack a tooth.
on May 7, 2013
I had gotten some Cacao nibs in a health food store only to find that the nibs had been soaked in sugar. I wanted the huge health benefit of Cacao without any sugar. When I got these I let a friend of mine from Jamaica taste, the verdict is in --- They are the real thing. I have gotten so attached to these nips I eat them sprinkled on almost everything even my morning oatmeal. I ordered two pounds this price is better then what I have found elsewhere. As I have said in my other reviews, I was very sick I ate myself to wellness using this and other healthy natural food products. Amazon has been a good outlet for many of the items.
on January 19, 2013
I order this product thinking that it would be of good quality, but to my surprise it had too many shell pieces. I didn't use any, I decided to call Amazon, so I can return it, now I've ordered Kakosi organic cacao nibs 1-lb bag for $7.95; I won't get it unil the last wk. of Jan.
on December 22, 2011
I bought these cacao nibs to make chocolate. I actually considered buying already roasted nibs but this product's price is way better so i just ordered this product and roasted it myself (it is easy). This product makes great chocolate. Like another reviewer said 1 serving of of these nibs contains 314% of our daily need of iron, however as far as I am aware of, according to FDA there is no health concerns associated with iron consumption. In short this is a great product for anyone who wants to make their own chocolate. One small problem is the amount of bean shells, I needed to pick them by hand (to make smoother chocolate), if it was possible to put them in water most of those shells would float on surface I believe, however I wasn't sure if it was okay to wash nibs before roasting so I just handpicked...
66 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 1, 2014
Such a disappointment, not fit to eat as a snack, not even to use in some sort of baked goods. Found it at the back of my cupboard just last night - should have tossed long ago. Was way too busy with family crisis to return it - but if you make this mistake, please do so right away!
on April 27, 2011
These are great nibs. They're slightly bitter with a hint of sweetness and a nice creaminess at the end--just like nibs are supposed to taste. These are perfect in vanilla ice cream or smoothies.
22 comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on September 8, 2014
Yummy. Great to add to ice cream.
on January 11, 2014
Don't waste your money. They are bitter and can't be used for anything unless you like to swallow bitter pills.
on January 18, 2012
Good deal, almost too good to be true. Product picture shows cacao beans, brown to dark brown in nature. Product received were "nibs" of blue-ish-gray color. Tasted quite good. Organic..? Maybe. Upon suggestion to change product picture I was invited to return shipment for refund. Too much trouble, waste of time for amount involved.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.