Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on February 28, 2013
I wanted a "beanie" but unfortunately have a giant head that keeps most of them from covering my ears. This had does the trick to keep my bald head warm. It came with a tiny square label sewed onto it that I didn't see in the pictures, but I removed that with a stitch puller because it kind of looked tacky.
22 comments| 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
The seller was Feel Good Apparel (fulfilled by Amazon). I paid 12 bucks.

My head measures about 23" around just above my ears (I keep my hair very short...crew cut), making my hat size about 7-3/8". The beanie fits me just fine (not too loose, not tight at all). It is not rigid; it does stretch, so I imagine that it should fit most people.

It appears well made. The seams are stitched well. As you can see from the photo, the fabric is ribbed; it is about 3/8 to 1/4 inch in thickness (not too thick in my opinion). It easily covers my ears, which is what I wanted (and it can be rolled-up or rolled-down, depending on your need).

It is soft. There is no lining on the inside, so if it is windy, then you might feel the wind through the beanie. If you hold it up and stretched it a bit, then you can see some daylight peeking through.

When I unravel the brim and lay the beanie flat on a table, the bottom/brim measures 10 inches. Halfway up it measures 8 inches.

There is a small 3/4 inch white tag wrapped around the brim that says Alki'i (doesn't matter to me). The beanie is made in China. It is 100% acrylic.

The laundry washing care symbols on the inside label indicate:
* machine wash in cold water on permanent press setting
* do not tumble dry
* do not bleach
* do not iron
* do not dry clean

I am happy with my purchase.
I've had this beanie since early December, and it has gotten a fair amount of use. I have a large-ish head with a lot of thick curly hair, so I needed a hat that could accommodate all that. I also needed something that wasn't *too* tight, either. I had brain surgery in Feh 2014, and there are small titanium plates and screws under the scalp near the top of my head that are rather tender -- so tight-fitting just won't work. But I definitely needed something to wear on my walks -- those little titanium bits are super conductors of cold temps, something I hadn't realized until my first outing in below-freezing weather, so wearing a hat seemed to be the best solution.

Anyway, I haven't had any issues with quality on this -- the stitching at the crown is holding just fine, no sign of wear, and I wear this probably 4 or 5 times a week. It fits, it keeps my head comfortable -- perfect!
on November 9, 2013
This is definitely a warm cap, and it does look very good. It doesnt quite feel like a luxury quality hat, but then I didnt pay luxury prices, so thats not to be taken necessarily as a negative. It covers my head pretty well, and comes all the way down over my ears on the side. But it feels as if the more I use it, the looser it gets. It might just be a feeling, as I have only used it a couple of cold days. But I seemed to keep pulling it down over my ears, adjusting the fit. But I am kind of worried that it might lose its shape and fit. But when I do wear it, it feels warm enough for a decent winter, I dont know how it would be when it gets really really cold. I may get some opportunities to test it out, and I will update when I try it some more. This cap deserves an update.

So far, a 4 star rating, a quarter star taken off for the look, a three-quarter star taken for the feeling of the hat seeming to lose its shape.
on October 22, 2015
I've had my eye out for an acrylic beanie for a while. None of them had the right feel or yarn thickness. Or they were were too tight, which is strange because my head is on the small side. This one fits perfectly. It has the right amount of stretch. The yarn is nice and thick. And it's acryllic, not wool, which makes me itch. My only critique would be the way it gathers at the top, it puckers up a bit. For this price, and because I like the hat overall, I can deal with it. I would purchase it again.
on October 15, 2014
I had previously given this a 1 star review and was quickly contacted by Alki'i asking if I could send them photos, which I did. They confirmed that Amazon had sent me the wrong hat and they would be happy to send me the correct one at no cost. They were extremely polite and I was impressed at how quickly they acted to fix the issue.

I received the hat today and it is wonderful and exactly what I wanted. Perfect length (a bit long on my head, which is what I like), soft and very warm. Great company, great hat, you can't go wrong!!
on April 5, 2013
So I was really looking forward to this beanie and I have to say I'm disappointed.

Pros:
-The material is nice, seems reasonably well built and it's thick/warm.
-The color is accurate. Mine is black and it actually looks dark black. Not blue or faded or anything like that.

Cons:
-Too small. This was designed poorly so that it's much tighter at the bottom (or top of the brim) than the rest of the beanie. It makes it even smaller than it already is. I just got a haircut yesterday so my hair is really short and this barely fits. There's no way it's going to work with hair grown out. If you have anything other than a tiny head, pass on this beanie.

-The stitch on the top is somehow weird. It creates unsightly folds in the beanie so that it is never "rounded" or flat looking. Even when it's pulled down as tight has possible the top is still screwy looking.
on March 10, 2013
This is a cozy cap and a good deal. I ordered it because I don't like the idea of rummaging through head wear at a store, without knowing who's tried it before. The price and reviews on this one made it an easy call to try.

The cap itself is very soft and fairly stretchy, which means very comfortable. It is medium warmth for such things: not too light but not too warm. I'd say it's appropriate for probably 5-35 degrees or so, depending on the wind and how much you're working out (probably a little lower if skiiing).

Despite being stretchy and soft, the shape should hold up over time because there is a fairly stout cord inside the edge to help it sit well and hold its shape. The only downside is that it might be slightly too tight for an extra large man. Apart from that, I expect it would fit any adult or teenager just fine. I'd order again and am happy to recommend it.
on January 16, 2014
I bought this hat because I wanted a standard hat that was large enough to cover my ears. It is large enough, but it's not that warm. The hat also suffers from the "head-itchiness" that almost every other hat I've had does as well. The material is thin around the ears and generally does not do a great job of keeping my ears warm. The overall warmth of the hat is average--it's just a little thin all around. In addition, the hat is very loose, and I have medium-large sized head. Perhaps it would be a positive for people with a lot of hair, but it's worth taking into account.

Given that I now have the hat, I will continue to wear it. But I would encourage you to look elsewhere for your head based warmth needs.
on May 22, 2014
The material used in this beanie was comfortable to the touch and stayed snug throughout the winter. A few strands got loose but it still held up well and did not unravel. Overall I'm happy with the build quality.

Aesthetically I am disappointed with the knit used as it is rather large. I'm used to a smaller knit and it took me a little while to like the look of it.

I have a large head and there was still plenty of material to cuff the hat, but not enough to cuff and get that style of pointing at the top.