Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on March 14, 2015
I was hoping to use this on my neck and feet, and I nearly decided to return it after two weeks. The main problem is the static width, which is too wide to massage the base of my skull at just the right place. I am a woman, on the small side. Also, the fabric and the metal components are pretty rough on the bare skin; I have to put a folded fleece throw on top. It doesn't work too well for my feet, because all it does is to scrunch the sides of the foot very hard (it hurts). It does not massage the bottom of the foot, which is what I need. BUT, I found that this works pretty well on my back. I don't know how you would use this on a chair (their booklet and video advertise) because it's heavy, but I use it on my bed, leaned against a firm pillow, which is diagonally leaning against my headboard. I have to move around to massage the different parts of the back, but I will take 20-min of relaxation before bed this way for free any day! I will still need to visit massage therapists, but I don't think these are designed to replace humans altogether.
3 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on December 24, 2014
So far, so excellent!!! My wife has been suffering from neck pain and I have tried a few different massagers out there which did little good but vibrate to the point of being uncomfortable. Some even claimed to be kneading style, but upon trying were ineffective and mainly just vibrated. After the fourth try and spending a nice sum getting her chair massages at our local health food store, I decided to spend the extra money on a quality device. This unit is extremely well made and really delivers. I tried it myself and have to say the movement is smooth, yet deep to the point it feels as if an expert hand is doing the work instead of a machine. There is no vibration and the motor is powerful, yet quiet - almost like white noise which is in itself very relaxing. I highly recommend!!!
4 people found this helpful
on September 13, 2014
I suffered from a neck muscle pull for months, going for massage and trying different strengthening exercises but by the end of the day I couldn't wait to get my head onto a pillow. This machine has really worked for me. Although it is advertised for the neck, shoulder and back, it is designed for the neck. The motor is very strong. It massages by two orbiting balls that press together. I was using it two or three times a day at first but now every couple of days keeps my knotted neck muscle relaxed. I was given an exercise from a massage therapist that has also helped. Do this while driving or sitting for a spell. Reach your arm up over your head and grasp the left side back of your head with your right hand. Press your head back of your hand and count to twenty. Then press the flat of your right hand against the right side of your head just below the ear. Press your head against your hand and count to twenty. Repeat this exercise with your left hand on the opposite side. This exercise will strengthen the muscles of your neck and over time relieve a pulled muscle.
on May 15, 2013
I love this Shiatsu massager! It works so well at breaking up tight and sore muscles. I have had back & neck injuries for years and I can always count on this massager to loosen up my tight muscles all over the body, head to toe.

I have had similar products in the past, but the strength of the motor and the fact that it can rotate in both directions made this product the best I have ever owned. I also love that it has a timer. It is professional strength and you can tell the difference. It really cut down on the amount of regular massages I need & It's saving me a lot of money.

I highly recommend this product.
3 people found this helpful
on May 6, 2016
I wish this would have worked out for me. I needed badly some relief from shoulder pain. I am sure it was just me and the nature of my shoulder injury. I just could not tolerate it. My hopes that it would do some good were not to be a reality. But to someone else it may well be the thing they needed. Just wish it had been the perfect thing for me. It was well built and was perfectly fine quality wise, it just did not bring the relief I needed.
on January 7, 2018
Is exactly what I had been looking for, my husband had one similar and after years of use the fabric had torn though on the top. I looked every where and none of the stores seem to carry these any more. He loves it and so both of us are happy now.
on February 4, 2013
This is one heavy weight massager. Not a problem, because it's used on a a high chair back. The "feet" stay put and give a good massage.

One small disappointment was, after reading all the reviews of this unit, many commented that it wouldn't "stall out" like the low-priced units. Maybe I'm used to having too vigorous a kneeding massage, but it does, in fact, stall out when you're going for a deep massage. Simple solution: ease up on the pressure, and it continues to "work its magic" on my neck and shoulders.

I hope this massager holds up as well as many reviewers claim -- I went through similar $50 units in a year or less.

Also, I'm used working the controls while sitting back on the massager -- primarily toggling between forward and reverse motion. There's no tactile "buttons" on the flat-panel control area. So far, I must lift the unit up over my head, adjust it, and let it go back to work.

I'm hoping for the best. I've had several good therapy sessions with it, so far!
on August 23, 2016
Very effective, heavy duty build, powerful (not like cheap Brookestone products), been using for over 4 years, still running strong, never stalls. I only wish there was a way to replace the fabric cover, as it wears thin and will eventually need replacing. I have seen some other units offer a replacement cover.
on May 19, 2015
seems expensive is the only feature. Price does not match function at all. The cloth hurt my neck skin and the kneading ball rotate not smooth after one use!!! Making noises. Called customer service and watched several times for a refund. When called first time, they agreed for the refund but never did. You have to watch it and call back several times to wait for the refund to come back. Anyway, I returned pretty soon, and I did received full refund.
on November 9, 2015
Could be very good. I wish I knew how to use it conveniently. I'm quite tall--6'4" --and have no idea how to attach it to a chair to massage my neck, which is what I bought it for, or anywhere else on my body. If I use it while lying on the floor with my weight on it, the massage action is also very inconvenient and too strong with all the massage pressure. In a chair my head is too high to massage my neck even if I could use a chair. I like the massage action, but don't know how to use it to get good results.
Victor Davidson
One person found this helpful