From the Back Cover
Everything you need to know about today's stock marketHow to buy, what to hold, when to sell.
All About Stocks, Second Edition, will make you a smarter, more accomplished investor. This bottom-line guidebook is now updated to explain every essential aspect of today's stock market in which the rewards as well as the risks have increased dramatically over the past five yearsand is arranged to provide quick, clear answers to any questions you might have.
All About Stocks is written to be understood by an investor yet packed with information that will be valuable to everyone! Practical, hands-on guidance on how you can use the Internet to find and buy undervalued stocks...strategies on selecting a mutual fund for both above-average returns and below-average risk...types of trades that can significantly increase your safety during turbulent markets...it's all here. Before you invest, read All About Stocks and discover:
- What stocks are, and why you should own them
- Explanations of the different types of orders
- How fundamental and technical analysis can help you find undervalued stocks
- Aspects of growth stocks and value stocks
- What mutual funds are, how they work, and which are right for you
- Easy-to-follow strategies to assemble a high-growth, low-risk, versified portfolio
- Strategies for buying indexed mutual funds and index-tracking stocks
About the Author
Esme Faerber, CPA is a professor of business and accounting at Rosemont College. Her previous books include All About Bonds, All About Stocks, and Managing Your Investments, Savings, and Credit.