All-Clad 4703-ST Stainless Steel Dishwasher Safe Universal Steamer Insert Cookware, 3-Quart, Silver
|Price:||$59.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Durable heavy-gauge stainless construction
- Sits deep into the pan
- Long stick handle stays cool on the cooktop
- Lifetime warranty
- Dishwasher Safe
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Compare to Similar Items
This item: All-Clad 4703-ST Stainless Steel Dishwasher Safe Universal Steamer Insert Cookware, 3-Quart, Silver
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Material||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel|
|Color||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Stainless Steel||Silver|
|Dimensions||8 inches x 18.3 inches x 3.5 inches||5.2 inches x 11.9 inches x 8.9 inches||6.7 inches x 13.4 inches x 11.4 inches||12 inches x 12.8 inches x 8.1 inches|
|Item Package Weight||3.3 pounds||3.3 pounds||3.8 pounds||7.41 pounds|
Please help us improve this feature. Tell us what you think of this feature.
Top Customer Reviews
1. The current All-Clad part # for this steamer insert is # 8701004547, and it is available for US sixty dollars at many websites.
2. It is complemented by All-Clad (double) boiler insert part # 8701004490, which is also widely available at the same price. It is not a steamer. See All-Clad Stainless 3-Quart Double-Boiler Insert.
3. Both the steamer & the boiler inserts do fit 3 & 4-quart sauce pans in All-Clad's "Stainless" collection. These pans have an 8-inch inside diameter. They may not fit similarly sized pans in All-Clad's other collections!!!
4. The holes in the bottom of the steamer do not extend to the outer edge of the bottom of the insert. The holes only cover about 2/3's of the bottom, radiating out from the center. Some people have complained about "scorching" because of this.
5. Both inserts are thinner than the corresponding saucepans they fit. This is not really a flaw, however, since they don't need to be so thick to function properly only as inserts.
6. Both inserts are made in China. As I understand it, all All-Clad tri-ply cookware currently is made in the U.S. Non-tri-ply items like these inserts may be made elsewhere to save costs.
7. There is another All-Clad steamer available that comes with a lid and has 2 loop-style helper handles. It is All-Clad part # 8700800513 and is made to fit current 2, 3 and 4 quart All-Clad stainless sauce pans and casseroles. It is said to be 8 1/4 inches in diameter and 4 3/4 inches deep.Read more ›
and to second those who commented about Made in China and thickness... Yes it is made in China and Yes it is Thinner that the pot it goes into...
If it gets a little oxidation on it just rub a little stainless steel cleaner on it (I use bar keepers friend) and it looks new even after several years. I even bought their tea kettle because it is all metal and can be thrown in the dishwasher. I am slowly weeding out my other tri ply pans and replacing them with all clad stainless.
the best thing about this type of cookware is that you can make perfect chocolate fudge from scratch. This is the kind that is made from milk and sugar and unsweetened chocolate and this is the only cookware I used that was so thick that the fudge wouldn't scald on the bottom.
Just like the other pans of this brand this is a lovely beautiful steamer that fits two sizes of their saucepans and is easy to clean. I also have the double boiler and happened to find a second one at a goodwill store. SCORE!!!
You will not regret purchasing this all clad polished stainless steamer. You will have to will this cookware to your family. It will outlast you.
The piece works very well. Have used to for about a month very actively and no complaints.
Vender shipped quickly and the packaging was fine. Would definitely order from them again.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I would not recommend this product for the following reasons. 1. There is a reason they are always on eBay used, where I purchased mine. 2. Read morePublished 19 days ago by David Mitchell
A nice piece to add to my all-clad cookware pieces. Quality product, US made, and a life-time guarantee.Published 5 months ago by Kathleen Harmon
Recd this today and the lid to my 3 quart pot does not fit it securely. It sets on top and moves around and does not fit tight like it should especially for steaming. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
Exactly as advertised. Fits the All-Clad 3 & 4 quart pans with the same fit and finish.Published 5 months ago by R. Patrick
Seems to fit my copper core All-Clad 3 quart pot securely. The lid does not exactly fit snuggly on this steamer, but everything seems to steam ok. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Billy-Bob
I bought this steamer about a month ago. It works flawlessly, and it is solidly made and beautifully finished.Published 13 months ago by Michael Alpert
I have used this steamer for many years in standard All Clad 3 and 4 quart pots. I only give this a one star, becasue I ordered it for the new d5 4 Qt saucepan, and it DOES NOT... Read morePublished 16 months ago by Michael Sterns
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
See the Top Rated cookware in our Cookware Reviews.