Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: DVD|Change

Showing 11-20 of 280 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 463 reviews
on March 13, 2017
Been my favorite since I was a kid
on January 28, 2015
Re watching classic episodes.
on January 5, 2013
My daughter loved this movie and I wanted my grand-daughter to have the same experience. She already loves dogs so this will be a hit.
on September 11, 2015
Good family entertainment. Some old voices from the 70 and the 80's. Solid fun
on December 28, 2014
A little strange (kinda trippy in parts!) but a great movie!
on April 1, 2011
I'm a huge fan of this movie and I was looking forward to the Blu-ray release, especially since the DVD transfer is pretty lousy. Unfortunately, the Blu-ray isn't much of an improvement, and in some ways is worse than the DVD.

First off, the Blu-ray is totally bare-bones. The only extra is the theatrical trailer. There's no top menu, only a pop-up menu which lets you select scenes and toggle audio/subtitles while the film is in progress. This makes setup a real pain, since you have to start the movie, choose your settings, and then restart the movie. There's no recall function, so if you need to stop the film partway through, you'll have to restart it when you return. In addition, you'll need to manually skip through the 20th Century Fox logo and "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" ad every time, since there's no top menu to jump to.

As for the film itself, the jumpiness/flicker from the DVD version is gone and the colors are bolder. However, there's still a lot of digital noise--graininess, specks on the screen, etc. Overall the picture looks like something that would be found on a DVD, and compared to the crystal clear Disney Blu-rays, it's extremely disappointing. The bigger problem is that the Blu-ray is presented in widescreen format, despite "All Dogs" being filmed in 1.33:1 aspect. So, the top and bottom of the screen are cut off, and large segments of the background art are lost. Granted, people have always complained about black bars on their screens, and including a cropped-in option isn't a bad idea. But why isn't a matted version there as well? Surely there's enough room on the disc for both?

If you need to get a copy of this film right now, I recommend the DVD version: the picture quality isn't quite as good, but it's in the correct aspect ratio and it has a top menu. Otherwise, hold off until Fox releases a true high-def restoration.
77 comments| 39 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 21, 2017
My 4 year old granddaughter's dog passed away and she was feeling sad. I purchased this and we watched it together. Cute movie...and most importantly, I think it made her feel a little less sad about loosing her dog, now that she knows that her doggy is in a happy place. :-)
on December 10, 2015
Doesn't get a full 5 because this is the edited version, not the VHS version that shows the full extent of Charlie being run over. Watered-down shows lose points. Like the butchered Rocko's Modern Life DVD set, which is heavily edited and not what kids of the 90s grew up with. .
on January 27, 2013
i think this is a good movie, but i did not like some of the content and don't believe it is appropriate for young children.
on March 12, 2016
I watched this movie as a kid (90's baby) but never really could get myself into it. Growing up I was hooked on Disney and movies like this but when the animals died, I tended to shy away because they always left me a crying mess. This is one of those movies thats even better to watch as a teenager or adult because you can appreciate the humor a little more and even though it makes you cry, it's the good kind and not the sad kind. I'm almost 22 years old and I've watched this movie the past three nights in a row because I'm literally hooked. The little musical numbers are funny and catchy, and even though there's a bit of darkness to it, it's such a feel-good movie you can't help but enjoy it. They also picked an amazing cast, I loved all of the voices (and I'm definitely one of those people where if I can't stand a characters voice it ruins the movie). The overall message it sends to kids is awesome. Losing a dog is hard, I've been there and the pain is unimaginable, but as crazy as it sounds this movie gives me hope that all dogs DO go to heaven because they're so naturally good and loyal. If you need a movie to cheer you up after losing a pup this is definitely a movie for you. Or if you just want something to make you laugh and cry, it's also good for you. They just don't make movies like this anymore.

I'd recommend this to anyone and everyone. It's simply amazing, five stars all the way.