Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$2.99

Showing 1-10 of 21 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 27 reviews
on October 20, 2012
I read this as the author posted it chapter by chapter on a popular fan-fiction site. It was good then, but I must say that the published version is so much better. I don't think she had the prologue in her online version, and it definitely helps the story. I love reading all of her stories, and I look forward to her next endeavor!
on December 28, 2016
This variation of Austen's Pride and Prejudice was one of the most intriguing and memorable of the hundreds of variations I've read over the last few years, and the reason is the theme of paranormal/fantasy that weaves its way into the romance of Darcy and Elizabeth. There is a very different plot here than Austen's original, and it goes back hundreds, if not thousands, of years. Elizabeth is the Druidic High Priestess and Darcy finds that the family sword over the main fireplace at Pemberley is meant for the High Priestess' protection. Thus, he is to be the Soul Mate of the High Priestess.

Each All Hallow's Eve, the High Priestess admits the spirits of those passed to eternity a visit with their descendants. But hundreds of years ago, an evil spirit managed to stay behind when the spirits are gathered to return, and its presence may wreak havoc upon earth. And it is up to the High Priestess and her Soul Mate to stop his wicked plans.

This book was nearly unputdownable. (Yeah, yeah, it's not a word, but it describes this book's compelling qualities perfectly.) Especially if one enjoys paranormal suspense, this variation of Pride and Prejudice will be a page-turner!

I rarely give "5" scores to books that are not classics, but this variation was simply outstanding. Extraordinary. I was up until 3:00 AM, trying to finish it. It's really, truly, seriously *that* good.
on November 11, 2012
This Pride and Prejudice retelling goes beyond Austen in so many ways, it's quite unconvincing. However, that doesn't harm the story one bit. Where Jane Austen might be annoying in sticking to the social conventions of her time, Wendy Sotis uses paganism to update the characters. Elizabeth is a pagan priestess, Mary a prophetess, Lydia and Kitty are not really silly: they just act that way because of a prophesy by Mary. The contrasts between tribal (pagan) society and English society make this an interesting read where you never know what will possibly happen next even if you have read a dozen P&P variations. I loved the confrontation with Lady Catherine, for instance.

The only negative I have is that while Wendy Sotis manages to really make her version of the characters come alive, her endings are generally a bit TOO upbeat. Every thread in the story is closed with the best possible outcome, quite explicitly. However, in this particular book that didn't stop me loving the book as a whole. It's an enjoyable read.
on December 30, 2013
Not the usual P&P story. It was interesting and well written. It was strange having Fanny and Lydia portrayed as calm and loving. A nice change. Carolyn didn't change and the Colonel's name was Richard, so all is well. (It really ticks me when authors call him by any other name!) All in all I did enjoy the book,far fetched as it is! LOL.......
on November 6, 2012
The prologue to this novel sets the time as 1096, 30 years after William the Conqueror took charge of England. Chapter 1, however, begins in 1811 on All Hallow's Eve.
The author begins to skillfully weave the story of the Otherworld and the story of English society into a marvelously compelling whole.
I was very sorry to reach the end of this absorbing tale. It fed my need for Pride and Prejudice, and for fantasy.
on December 31, 2012
This was a wonderful Holloween book to read!! It was a little paranormal with a lot of Jane Austen thrown in. I loved how Elizabeth and her family were playing a front as to who they really were. Having said this I found it intriguing that all is not as it seems. Elizabeth and Darcy still have to over come some prejudices and some hasty thoughts but it was a wonderful journey. Oh and loved Wickham and you will too in more ways than one!! definite must read
on February 3, 2013
One has to suspend reality to enjoy this novel. Further, one has to extend one's knowledge of Pride and Prejudice to twist around the framework utilised by the author. Actually, it is very imaginative and consistent. I didn't expect to enjoy it, but love P and P fan fiction so decided to give it a go. Once I accepted the paranormal element, I found the writing excellent and the emotional content very good.
on October 28, 2012
I have been a fan of Wendi's writing and own her other books as well. I am also a Celtic Pagan. I have to applaud Wendi for the way that she has written this tale, showing the beauty that is a part of the Tribe, as well as the evil that is in the world as well as how people react towards being different when it comes to beliefs. I have seen such in my own life, though I am finding more and more people who accept it. In the 1800's, people were not as willing to accept differences such as the Tribe brought. And of course, being our darling couple in the middle of the story just adds more to it for me. THANK YOU WENDI for another delightful tale!!
on October 29, 2012
Wendi Sotis does it again!

This book is magical as it has ancient tribal rituals and our beloved FD and EB.

Thanks Wendi for sharing your stories with us.
on October 14, 2013
All Hallows Eve is a truly unique work that weaves together the characters we love (and hate) from Pride and Prejudice together in a supernatural tale of love and courage. The perspective of events changes when we understand the mystical powers and responsibility held by Elizabeth in an ancient ritual. I was worried when I first started reading this book that I might find it straying too far into the "occult" for my comfort, but that was actually not the case. The paranormal framework of the story was secondary to the story itself, and exceptionally well done. Wendy Sotis should be commended on an excellent narrative that will find it's way back onto my reading list again, when the weather turns cool and the leaves start to fall.