|Brand||All Industrial Tool Supply|
|Item Weight||4.4 pounds|
|Package Dimensions||11.4 x 7.6 x 2.9 inches|
|Item model number||TR72020|
|Manufacturer Part Number||TR72020|
|Cover Included||0-1" .001" dial indicator, magnetic base and 22 pc. indicator point set. Complete with hard plastic case.|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $8.98 shipping
All Industrial Tool Supply TR72020 Dial Indicator (Magnetic Base and Point Precision Inspection Set), 1 Pack
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 3 Piece precision inspection set includes: 0-1" .001" dial indicator, magnetic base and 22 piece. indicator point set. Complete with hard plastic case
- 1" dial indicator: graduation 0.001", 3/8" stem diameter, 2" dial face and lug back
- Magnetic base: overall height 9", on and off switch, 130 lb. power pull, base measures 2" width X 2-1/2" depth
- 22 pc. indicator point set: AGD specifications (4-48 threads)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Dial Indicator, Magnetic Base & Point Precision Inspection Set Complete with hard plastic case with 2" dial face and lug back.
Customers also shopped for
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The dial indicator works well, and thus far, I've found the mounting hardware to be solid enough - I haven't had any issues with knobs or screws breaking. The magnet is strong enough to hold the base solidly when sitting vertically on a cast iron surface. It can be moved with a little push, however; I wouldn't trust the magnet to hold the hardware horizontally without additional support. The majority of the additional points arrived in usable form, though a few needed to be rubbed down with some fine sandpaper to remove light grooving on the surface.
- It's minor, but the on/off sticker on the magnetic base fell off in the packaging. The adhesive on the back of the sticker is very weak.
- The case is very poorly constructed (to the point that it is unusable and I had to immediately replaced it with a homemade box). The case I received is not quite large enough to hold any of the individual parts in the dedicated spots. At arrival, only one of the two latches was closed and the top of the case was bowed in order to get that latch to click into place. The material quality is also very poor; the main case shed a number of plastic slivers inside of Amazon's packaging, and the case for the point set had spider webs on the clear front, along with obvious chipping on the edges. Amazon's packaging was in good condition, so I do not believe the damage was shipping related. While I'm impressed with the performance of the dial indicator relative to the cost, I'm a bit disappointed that the product failed to provide something as simple as a quality plastic case.
Definitely sacrificing quality with this indicator compared to your big brands. But for the price it makes this a great value.
I wouldn't use this on parts for your space shuttle, but if you just want an indicator that you don't have to worry about banging up a little then I recommend this one.
The knobs don't lock very well is my only complaint. You really have to wrench them to get them to stay in place.
For the value to performance ratio I give this 5 stars.
It's worked just fine for me. The base is secure and the flexible arm holds form without being too stiff. The dial indicator itself is easy to read and gave consistent measurements between readings and double-checks. I gave it four stars because it's a perfectly acceptable tool which could benefit from just a bit more care in manufacturing: for example the trim piece behind the base's magnet release switch was not attached straight and wiggles. Nothing which impairs function, just a reminder that it's a low-cost tool.
I would certainly buy it again and recommend it to others for occasional use.
Many offer this set so be ware. Save your money and buy a good one