Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 128 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 156 reviews
on May 11, 2016
Being a die hard All My Children fan, I'm still not over its cancellation, I enjoyed this book. I think Susan Lucci lit up the screen. She sparkled. In this book, I discovered how easy and joyous her childhood and life has been so then I realized what took so long to win an Emmy. She really had a good life so there wasn't much angst or pain to draw from. This tv show really was a God send when carrying a colicky baby in 1981 when it was impossible to hold a book. I know lots of other women who said that, too. To this day, I refuse to watch 'The Chew.' I think Susan Lucci is a genuinely nice woman. They do exist.
on July 12, 2017
You could tell this was a true account of Susan Lucci's life written by Susan Lucci! An exciting account of her personal and professional life. A great book explaining her personal and professional successes and struggles. A candid account of both. A beautiful tribute throughout the book of her love and respect for her husband and how they've had a successful marriage despite the odds. She also talks about how they kept their family a priority despite her crazy schedule. This was evident by a poem written by her daughter as a tribute to Susan while in school.
This book gives you a good insight how hard Susan works at any professional role, especially how hard she worked while on, "All My Children."
A excellent book! A must read!
RHONDA
on January 1, 2016
The only aspect of this audiobook that I didn't care for was Susan Lucci herself narrating. Rare authors can read their own books and be good at
it (for example, Fannie Mae and her "Fried Green Tomatoes" and subsequent publications, and Kunal Nayyar, with his endearing Indian accent.
I listened to a Stephen King book, and although you would expect him to be excellent, he just droned on and on. My recommendation is always
go with the professional readers for this task. As far as this book goes, I am a long time Susan Lucci fan, so I really enjoyed it, but for someone
who isn't so much, it would probably be better to read the book yourself.
VINE VOICEon September 14, 2011
Susan Lucci has spent the last 4 decades playing Erica Kane on the American soap, "All My Children." For starters, she still looks fabulous as she did in the 1980s when I first started watching the soap on my summer breaks and snow days from school.

I would have never believed that ABC would cancel this show until this year along with the first soap I ever turned on which was "One Life to Live." Both were New York based soaps with "One Life to Live" being the last soap in New York City. Hard to believe, New York soaps were dying but it's true. Susan gives her account of life behind the scenes on and offscreen. For starters, Susan is really the opposite of Erica Kane. She's married to the same man for about 4 decades and lives in Garden City, a suburb, in Long Island, New York. She's a New Yorker, a Long Islander, and a Garden City girl.

This autobiographical account details her wonderful fortunate life which she takes in to account including her children, Liza and Andreas, and her marriage, family and friends. She has led a remarkable life and looks better than she did when I first started watching over 30 years. In this book which is updated with the final chapter of "All My Children" since her book was previously published before ABC's announcement, she has added a few words. She doesn't even scathe much at Brian Frons with four letter words. That shows character on her part to maintain her grace and dignity during the tough times.

Susan Lucci is best known for 18 daytime Emmy nominations before landing the Daytime Emmy Award which really marked the beginning of the end for the Daytime Emmys in ratings. Everybody wanted to know if she would win one and when she did, it was over like New Year's Eve after midnight in Times Square.

Susan Lucci's book is really easy but don't expect much bashing against past costars or criticism until the end. The cancelation of the show for a cooking show was planned in the works including moving the show from New York City to Los Angeles for production costs. She writes about the fact that only the cast was moving and not the crew that she knew for 40 years.

Lucci wrote about the people who made "All My Children" including her relationship with David Canary on screen and offscreen of mutual trust and respect towards one another. She writes a little about everybody in a positive way like Eileen Herlie (she misspells her name in the book); Julia Barr; Ruth Warrick; Mary Fickett (who passed away recently); etc.

La Lucci was the nickname that Regis Philbin came up with and they're longtime friends. Unlike her onscreen persona, Susan has a remarkable calm life. She writes about her onscreen mother, Mona (played by her friend Frances Heflin) and their relationship. I grew up with "All My Children" and Susan brings back wonderful memories of laughter, love, craziness, and the joy of soaps.

I am going to miss "All My Children" and Erica Kane. Unlike most actresses who would have left the role after their contracts up for other opportunities, Susan Lucci has blended both a rich character of Erica Kane and a life outside the show. She has done Broadway, played roles in films for television, and other jobs along the way. Susan Lucci's Erica Kane has done more for television than most other characters in other genres. She has lived a fabulous life but I'll always remember the laughter of the show most of all especially Erica.

I liked the fact that Lucci has a sense of humor and hosted Saturday Night Live. She's the only soap star to ever get that honor to this day. Still, she was one of the better hosts. Lucci has a brilliant sense of comedic timing as well as drama in her abilities. I hope that Lucci does a sitcom or perform comedically somewhere. We'll miss you, Susan, and "All My Children."
on May 24, 2014
I am not a soap opera fan, and honestly from appearances on tv, I thought perhaps Susan Lucci was someone focused on exterior perfection and not someone with whom I'd connect. But listening to her book you will discover she is lovely and warm, and kind. The beauty is clearly not just skin deep. She has had an interesting life and is a wonderful reader for her own book which is always a plus. I would gladly recommend this audio book for anyone who is a fan of soap operas of course but for anyone who wants to "meet" a genuinely nice person who has had an interesting life of ups and downs and ups and ups. Good for her.
on July 2, 2017
I didn't watch All My Children, but I really like Susan. I did see all the movies and other shows she was in. She is a beautiful person,wonderful actress and I hope she is around the movies and other shows so we can all see her. I loved her book and if she wanted to write another one I would read that too. Maybe she could call My Life After All My Children. Keep up the good work and thank you for letting us into your life
on May 18, 2011
I ordered two of this book so that when I attended an event in Phoenix, Arizona, with Ms. Lucci as a keynote speaker, I could get both books autographed, one for me and one for my sister-in-law. Since her program, All My Children, has been cancelled and we are long-time fans of the show, this was especially precious to us. When I began reading this book at home, I came to understand that Susan Lucci is Susan Lucci; Erica Kane is Erica Kane. Susan Lucci can and will do other things once this show ends as she has experience on broadway and the theater. She might even do Desperate Housewives or have her own talk show. Susan is just as strong (perhaps stronger) than Erica Kane; without a doubt, she can re-invent herself. She is a loyal and devoted wife to her husband, contrary to Erica Kane being married 9 (10?) times. It indicates that Susan Lucci is an empathetic, educated woman with a lot to offer. Although I am still upset that her program will end in September, this book has given me closure with regard to Erica Kane. This book is a must-have for "All The Fans" of "All My Children". You won't be able to put it down once you start reading.
on April 30, 2016
I enjoyed the book because I enjoyed Susan Lucci on All My Children. She is an interesting lady with a positive outlook on life. If you're looking for "dirt," this isn't the place to find it. She sound like someone I'd like to know. It was a quick read.
on October 6, 2011
I have watched All My Children almost from the beginning of the show. I have watched "Erica" grow from a young selfish child to a not quite as selfish adult. Reading the book gave me insight about Susan Lucci that I never knew. She appears to be a wonderfully selfless person whom I would be previledged to get to know if I had the opportunity. Her book is very well written and I was thouroughly entertained while reading it. Her accident at age 19, miscarriage and recounting about 9-11 were mesmerizing stories for me to read.

I have to say thank you to Andreas. He was the one to encourage you to write this book and I am so glad he did.
on November 16, 2014
I was a fan of All My Children at the very beginning in 1970 & would go home at lunch from work to watch it. Erika Kane was always the girl you talked about, amazed at her self centeredness, but allured by her beauty. Loved getting the inside scoop even though it's been 40 years since I've watched AMC.