Echo Dot (2nd Generation) - Black
|Price:||$49.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Echo Dot (2nd Generation) is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, make calls, send and receive messages, provide information, read the news, set alarms, read audiobooks from Audible, and more
- Connects to speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable to play music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
- Introducing Alexa calling and messaging, a new way to be together with family and friends. Just ask Alexa to call or message anyone with an Echo, Echo Dot, or the Alexa App.
- Controls lights, fans, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, locks, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, ecobee, and others
- Hears you from across the room with 7 far-field microphones for hands-free control, even in noisy environments or while playing music
- Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled computer; Amazon Echo is not required to use Echo Dot
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino's, DISH, and more
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 1:35 Mins|
If you're even a little bit curious you owe it to yourself to give the dot a try. Add a good speaker and enjoy just how simple a connected life can be!
Update: After a bit more time with the dot, or maybe I should say dots since I went out and bought another one for my living room, I've come up with a few tips.
1. Use the best speakers you can with it. I found that while Bluetooth was convenient I got much better sound out of my JBL duet computer speakers.
2. Take the time to voice train Alexa at least once.Read more ›
A few days ago I was searching for something to put my mind at ease and saw the advertisement for the Amazon Echo on the Amazon app. I remember watching a Mr. Robot episode where some FBI agent who suffers from insomnia was using Alexa to keep her entertained.
So I started researching YouTube videos and reviews and took a chance and ordered it. It arrived today and the setup was super easy. I immediately started asking it questions and had it play music and play the news. Then I discovered some zen type apps that go with the echo and I completely fell in love with it. It's almost like having a real personal assistant who lifts up your spirits when your down. It suggested new music which I actually liked and the built in speaker isn't bad at all for the price.
The Amazon echo did not replace my beautiful cat kouga but it did bring stop the empty feeling around the house for now. I added a picture of my cat instead of the echo since everyone already knows what the echo looks like.
I would totally recommend buying this product. I don't see any negatives other than the fact you can't really ask it followup questions like google assistant but I'm sure they'll make it happen.
Thanks for letting me rant
Perfect work with my meidong QQ Chocolate bluetooth speaker, I also recommend this speaker Meidong Universal Water Resistance QQChocolate Portable V4.0 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker with 10W Dual Driver and Built-in Microphone
And use this code for less $5: GHAQE5YF(I got it from somewhere else.)
For the paranoid - this device is NOT for you. The echo dot is always listening and while the design is supposed to only listen when you say the name of the device (Alexa, Amazon or Echo - your choice), there are enough times that I hear one in another room say "sorry, I did not understand the question" to tell me it misunderstands these prompts to have been said when they weren't pretty often.
+ Good product support
+ Good voice recognition
+ Because of the size it doesn't stand out like a sore thumb in a room
- Doesn't differentiate between voices. If you keep it closer to a speaker than you are, then it will sometimes get confused and start picking up words from both the speaker and you when commands are given. Placement of dot is crucial for a good experience.
- Only supports english and german for now
- Not very competent at answering general questions and you need to activate skills to expand this functionality. This makes asking question less intuitive since you then need to use commands like "Alexa, ask wikipedia...."
- If you have smarthome devices named the same as internal functions, it will get confused at times. This may require renaming of the smarthome devices.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Alexa is frustrating and, more often then not, not worth the hassle. We installed this in our office to sell the technology to potential home buyers (we're a luxury builder), and... Read morePublished 1 minute ago by 5*Designer
Amazon Echo is great, these dots, do not work most of the times. I have 2 Echos and 2 dots and the Echos work and are great but these dots are mostly repeating how they "are... Read morePublished 2 minutes ago by A Person from Earth
Loved it. Wish we could assign our own personal name to it.Published 13 minutes ago by Amazon Customer
Great for music in the house and timer and a bunch of other great thingsPublished 17 minutes ago by lisa
Not very happy with this item. Having difficulty connecting to the WiFi and it does not provide much instructions or technical support. Read morePublished 31 minutes ago by Alma Rodriguez