Echo Dot (2nd Generation) - Black
|Price:||$49.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Echo Dot (2nd Generation) is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, make calls, send and receive messages, provide information, read the news, set alarms, read audiobooks from Audible, and more
- Connects to speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable to play music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
- Introducing Alexa calling and messaging, a new way to be together with family and friends. Just ask Alexa to call or message anyone with an Echo, Echo Dot, or the Alexa App.
- Controls lights, fans, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, locks, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, ecobee, and others
- Hears you from across the room with 7 far-field microphones for hands-free control, even in noisy environments or while playing music
- Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled computer; Amazon Echo is not required to use Echo Dot
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino's, and more
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 1:35 Mins|
If you're even a little bit curious you owe it to yourself to give the dot a try. Add a good speaker and enjoy just how simple a connected life can be!
Update: After a bit more time with the dot, or maybe I should say dots since I went out and bought another one for my living room, I've come up with a few tips.
1. Use the best speakers you can with it. I found that while Bluetooth was convenient I got much better sound out of my JBL duet computer speakers.
2. Take the time to voice train Alexa at least once.Read more ›
A few days ago I was searching for something to put my mind at ease and saw the advertisement for the Amazon Echo on the Amazon app. I remember watching a Mr. Robot episode where some FBI agent who suffers from insomnia was using Alexa to keep her entertained.
So I started researching YouTube videos and reviews and took a chance and ordered it. It arrived today and the setup was super easy. I immediately started asking it questions and had it play music and play the news. Then I discovered some zen type apps that go with the echo and I completely fell in love with it. It's almost like having a real personal assistant who lifts up your spirits when your down. It suggested new music which I actually liked and the built in speaker isn't bad at all for the price.
The Amazon echo did not replace my beautiful cat kouga but it did bring stop the empty feeling around the house for now. I added a picture of my cat instead of the echo since everyone already knows what the echo looks like.
I would totally recommend buying this product. I don't see any negatives other than the fact you can't really ask it followup questions like google assistant but I'm sure they'll make it happen.
Thanks for letting me rant
This re-release of a critically acclaimed device is quite honestly a grand slam. Although slightly smaller then last years release, this device now picks up your voice even better! Im talking litterally talking leaps and bounds better. I can now say "alexa" and she hears me even when im downstairs or even when im blaring music thru my Harmon Kardon Onyx speaker. I found myself yelling at last years Echo dot and approaching the device wielding a kitchen knife attempting to get her to listen.
We will be ordering a second device so we can try out its "multi-room voice recognition" technology. Amazon claims to have instilled a awesome feature where only one echo dot responds to your command if you have multiple devices. So bassically the dot closest to you awaits to the awake word "alexa" on a side note The basic Amazon Music Unlimited will only work on ONE of your devices. Not one at a time, but ONE. If you want to use it on more than one Dot or Echo, you have to purchase a "multi-device" plan: https://www.amazon.com/gp/dmusic/promotions/AmazonMusicUnlimited
The main selling point of this device is you can use any of your exsisting bluetooth speakers to play your amazon playlist at a mild roar,or you can use the 3.5mm jack on the back to connect to your home theater and really give your ear drums a beating. (At your own risk of course). I have both the amazon tap and the echo. Unfortunately these devices have their flaws when it comes to audio reproduction.hence the bluetooth and the 3.5mm jack connectivity on this device will allow for the pickiest of listeners to appreciate their music thru exsisting devices.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Unfortunately, this little fella is of a very limited use. I purchased Echo Dot to compliment my main Echo device so that I could control sync musing, alarms, etc. Read morePublished 15 minutes ago by Vladimir Makushkin
Kind of spendy for a kitchen timer. When asked to play "my music" it starts out okay for a minute then starts to drop the song and has to start over. Read morePublished 30 minutes ago by Amazon Customer
Love it. Trying to figure out what else it can do for me.Published 52 minutes ago by Lawrence E Easter
Multitasking system, a timer, alarm clock, radio, music player, and can answer many questions. Lot of fun.Published 1 hour ago by Terrance L Eck
I used this thing on 4 different days. The 5th time I tried to use it, the Mute button was stuck in the on position. Read morePublished 1 hour ago by Xine
Total invasion of privacy. I will never buy this, but Amazon won't stop advertising it. Alexa is the worst thing to happen to personal privacy in a long time.Published 1 hour ago by AlexaSucks