Echo Dot (2nd Generation) - Black
- Echo Dot (2nd Generation) is a hands-free, voice-controlled device that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, provide information, read the news, set alarms, read audiobooks from Audible, and more
- Connects to speakers or headphones through Bluetooth or 3.5 mm stereo cable to play music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
- Controls lights, fans, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, locks, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, ecobee, and others
- Hears you from across the room with 7 far-field microphones for hands-free control, even in noisy environments or while playing music
- Includes a built-in speaker so it can work on its own as a smart alarm clock in the bedroom, an assistant in the kitchen, or anywhere you might want a voice-controlled computer
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino's, and more
- Amazon Echo is not required to use Echo Dot
Top Customer Reviews
|Length: 1:35 Mins|
If you're even a little bit curious you owe it to yourself to give the dot a try. Add a good speaker and enjoy just how simple a connected life can be!
Update: After a bit more time with the dot, or maybe I should say dots since I went out and bought another one for my living room, I've come up with a few tips.
1. Use the best speakers you can with it. I found that while Bluetooth was convenient I got much better sound out of my JBL duet computer speakers.
2. Take the time to voice train Alexa at least once.Read more ›
A few days ago I was searching for something to put my mind at ease and saw the advertisement for the Amazon Echo on the Amazon app. I remember watching a Mr. Robot episode where some FBI agent who suffers from insomnia was using Alexa to keep her entertained.
So I started researching YouTube videos and reviews and took a chance and ordered it. It arrived today and the setup was super easy. I immediately started asking it questions and had it play music and play the news. Then I discovered some zen type apps that go with the echo and I completely fell in love with it. It's almost like having a real personal assistant who lifts up your spirits when your down. It suggested new music which I actually liked and the built in speaker isn't bad at all for the price.
The Amazon echo did not replace my beautiful cat kouga but it did bring stop the empty feeling around the house for now. I added a picture of my cat instead of the echo since everyone already knows what the echo looks like.
I would totally recommend buying this product. I don't see any negatives other than the fact you can't really ask it followup questions like google assistant but I'm sure they'll make it happen.
Thanks for letting me rant
This re-release of a critically acclaimed device is quite honestly a grand slam. Although slightly smaller then last years release, this device now picks up your voice even better! Im talking litterally talking leaps and bounds better. I can now say "alexa" and she hears me even when im downstairs or even when im blaring music thru my Harmon Kardon Onyx speaker. I found myself yelling at last years Echo dot and approaching the device wielding a kitchen knife attempting to get her to listen.
We will be ordering a second device so we can try out its "multi-room voice recognition" technology. Amazon claims to have instilled a awesome feature where only one echo dot responds to your command if you have multiple devices. So bassically the dot closest to you awaits to the awake word "alexa" on a side note The basic Amazon Music Unlimited will only work on ONE of your devices. Not one at a time, but ONE. If you want to use it on more than one Dot or Echo, you have to purchase a "multi-device" plan: https://www.amazon.com/gp/dmusic/promotions/AmazonMusicUnlimited
The main selling point of this device is you can use any of your exsisting bluetooth speakers to play your amazon playlist at a mild roar,or you can use the 3.5mm jack on the back to connect to your home theater and really give your ear drums a beating. (At your own risk of course). I have both the amazon tap and the echo. Unfortunately these devices have their flaws when it comes to audio reproduction.hence the bluetooth and the 3.5mm jack connectivity on this device will allow for the pickiest of listeners to appreciate their music thru exsisting devices.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Amazing, fun and full of useful information; great for music, trivia...just finding more ways to utilize Echo every day.Published 2 hours ago by Amazon Customer
Awesome product. Voice recognition is amazingly accurate. Speaker is great. Love it!Published 2 hours ago by Charles
Should be a zero star. Couldn't be more disappointed by the echo dot 2nd generation. Bought initially to play music. Read morePublished 8 hours ago by Michaela
Got the dot to fill in a room that the Alexis echo wouldn't hear. It doesn't seem to work more than about 6 ft. away. It lights up, but won't do anything. Read morePublished 8 hours ago by Dale S.
Love it so much fun to ask questions.My wife is blind so she is having so much fun with it.Published 9 hours ago by Amazon Customer
I love it but it's still a new technology when I first got it it barely understood me but it has got better also it does not always complete it's taskPublished 9 hours ago by MM
Has trouble understanding and completing simple tasks. Hooked up to different bluetooth speakers there is quite a bit of cut out no matter if the speakers were across the room or... Read morePublished 9 hours ago by even0dds
Just bought it yesterday and already having so much fun with it. My baby has been sick all day so we're laying around asking Alexa to play random songs I remember. Read morePublished 9 hours ago by Sandy Dossman